• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MYSTERY SNAPS

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know if these are factory snaps on the bottom of the center windshield? I bought this boat second hand and can't figure out why they would only be on that window.IMG_7643.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats a head scratcher there.....????

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I almost wonder if the original owner was going to have a bow cover put on and maybe changed their mind on it part way through💁.
Snaps are on the wrong side for a bow cover. At least on mine I believe they are on the outside, I think.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope, you are correct. Mine are on the inside. So you are probably correct.

1692551329989.png
1692551703200.png

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Those snaps hurt when crawling under the windshield while the cover is on, after smacking my bald head on one a few times I took a screw driver and shifted the center one to the port side, it just unscrews and slides then re tighten. I also have a small strip of clear plastic that I had left over from the rain block shield off that goes from the Bimini to the windshield. This little strip is used to block rain or wind from passing through the gap between the fold out door and glass windshield door, installed snaps on it and just snap on the two snaps and drapes over the folding door by about two inches. Using that strip and a towel at the bottom stops 98% of the breeze that blows through.

RocMOT

Reaction score
Schroon Lake, Adirondacks & Rochester NY.
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I did not have snaps on mine from the factory but did have them added when I had a custom bow cover made. They were added to the inside of the window so the bow cover snapped there to prevent water from running down the windshield under the cover and into the boat. Instead, it runs on top of the cover and drains off to the side.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those snaps are for a bow cover. The cover wraps around the bottom of the windshield and snaps on the inside of the window to shed water coming off the glass.

20170517_135342.jpg

20200911_102105.jpg20170716_150929.jpg

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I believe "bow cover" is the right answer but that's a neat idea for creating a small wind blocker too...

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My factory bow cover snaps on the front of the window, not on the underside of the window. Seems like it would work better on the underside.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have a picture? How does rain water drain off the center windshield?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The far right one (when the window is open) does double duty to keep the windshield down during choppy conditions, and I think they put the other two in place to lessen the chance of shattering the glass when installing a bow cover and having to drill for the snaps. Kind of a prevention thing

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My factory bow cover snaps on the front of the window, not on the underside of the window. Seems like it would work better on the underside.
When you purchase the cockpit covers and bow covers, the snaps are included with the cover, not stock on the boat. So whoever installed yours may have ignored the instructions and thought it would work better on the outside. That's logical.

But after having them on the inside, I understand why it works better this way. (the are upside down on the bow cover, so it's not like you can snap them on top

Last edited: