• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Navionics app not plotting entire route

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Tried plotting a 41 mile course this past weekend down the St Johns River to lake George and Silver Glen Springs but I had to plot it in three sections. The app keeps coming back with “ Too many points “ when I try to plot the hole thing at once. Was wondering if anyone experienced the same issues and had a fix ?
I pay for the yearly subscription for my iPad.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No fix, but my course that I tried to auto-route was turned into a straight line, right over land, tons of !!!!! and other crap, as if I had actually intended for the software to be used to take my boat on a course as the crow flies. I have far too many things to dick around with for me to dedicate any serious time to looking at why it's like that, but it's a little annoying for a paid app to not be more user friendly - the new feature they just came out with - drop an instant marker with your GPS coordinates...yeah, good thing they got on that in a hurry, it's not like you would want that for a boating app with buoys or rock piles or pirate's booty...

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Never had that issue, I routed dock to dock from Crab Island to Flounder’s in Pensacola Beach. Easily 45 nautical miles, not a glitch. It does depend on your device sometimes the really long routes take quite a while to load. In addition, if you haven’t downloaded the map for the ENTIRE route then it’ll have issues trying to route, unless you’re hooked to WiFi or cell data.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I will say the newest feature includes AIS markers as well, that’s pretty impressive for an app.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
100 waypoints max for auto routing downloaded or not (documented). If no limit was set it may run into hardware resource issues attempting the computations. The computation on a modern handheld device in seconds is still impressive given the UI. I have auto route navigated a river at night with many floating obstacles/hazards with this app. Do you really want it to try to map more points than the hardware may be capable of? Granted you may have the newest device but they must code to the oldest they allow. Being in a job that runs truly complex machine learning/ai developed algorithms in a real time environment in seconds I have a great deal of respect for this app. Know/read the limitations and plan accordingly.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree that it's the best product out there for what it does, but my route had ~20 points, for what would be a 30-40 minute ride (mainly due to a no-wake zone). My experience shouldn't have been such a head scratcher, but at least my situation was easy to address for me - I was familiar with the route and really didn't require the app, I was testing the capability of the software.

It didn't put me off purchasing it, but I use it differently than I had hoped - I use it for a bread crumb trail and for marking buoys down the river, which was a PITA until they FINALLY added the pin drop feature to the main screen...at the end of my boating season, and after I've done all the work.

I appreciate the low cost comparable to anything else out there, but take the trial period to see how it works on your hardware, and if it will work for your needs, or if you can't deal with any work around it.

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for your replies guys, Mainah had a comment about “100 waypoints max”and I was plotting down through the narrow twisty turns of the St Johns River from Palatka fl to Astor fl, so that does make sense. The work around was easy enough but I did have to stop the boat for a min to plot the next leg. Now I see where a dedicated chart plotter with cursor buttons comes in handy. On the other hand we had a great weekend at Silver Glen Springs
442ABD74-103C-4E7F-A8AD-AC9A3F6139BD.jpeg9D6D2F83-18FB-4024-8A63-B5AFE7BD8694.jpeg