• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NC/Mid Atlantic Gathering in 2015?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is anyone interested in a Kerr Lake gathering?
That's where I test drove my boat 2 weeks ago. Didn't go too far, but it seemed pretty nice.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hope wherever it ends up being, I can make it. We have already planned out several vacations this year and I don't know if I'll be able to add another. I'll have to play it by ear.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes please and thank you

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho I have to go to Edisto May 7-10 for work so we are changing our dates on the Lake Marion/Moultrie Run would you up for the week before or after that if so let me know and I will pitch it to the other guys that are going we have not re set the date yet.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho I have to go to Edisto May 7-10 for work so we are changing our dates on the Lake Marion/Moultrie Run would you up for the week before or after that if so let me know and I will pitch it to the other guys that are going we have not re set the date yet.
The weekend after would work for us.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
June 6th. Lake Norman/or Kerr lake. Agree/disagree/someone other than me needs to plan something/Go!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
June 6th. Lake Norman/or Kerr lake. Agree/disagree/someone other than me needs to plan something/Go!
If it is at Lake Norman we could probably come up for the day. I know nothing about either lake so I'm no help at planning.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking at the map, Murray would work too! I don't really care, I just know this has been talked about a bunch, and I'd like to get something planned! Heh. Seems like Kerr was a pretty popular option, but that's a good haul for alot of folks too. Norman may be more central...or maybe 2 gatherings, one at Murray and one at Kerr. I don't really care, I love traveling to new lakes!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Slight chance we would do Norman for a day but Kerr is too far for us. We have a full week at Lake Burton in north Georgia this summer otherwise probably just going to stick with Keowee. Some year I hope we can join in. Kids are still too little for a long haul. We are also hoping to fit Murray in sometime this season @andy07sx230ho

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The weekend after would work for us.
I'm going to get with the others who usually do this trip with us tomorrow and try and work out some logistics. I think those dates will work though. Is it possible to come all the way from lake Murray to Charleston by water? That would eliminate so many issues as my community up there will allow me to store boats and trailers on site and has a boat ramp and docks or is that really a long or unimaginable trip?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Norman would be decent. I live close 'nuff to kerr that its convienient. Norman i would need a push like this to check out

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Norman would be decent. I live close 'nuff to kerr that its convienient. Norman i would need a push like this to check out
Norman would work better for us than Kerr. With a couple of multi-day boat trips in the works this year somewhere that I can get to for the day would work for us. Of course if it happened at Murray (my home lake) I could do a couple of days.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it possible to come all the way from lake Murray to Charleston by water? That would eliminate so many issues as my community up there will allow me to store boats and trailers on site and has a boat ramp and docks or is that really a long or unimaginable trip?
Unfortunately you can't go from Lake Murray to Charleston unless you want to perform a James Bond Live and Let Die boat jump. The difference would be the jump from Lake Murray over the two damn's (earthen and concrete backup) would be about 500' long and almost 200' of elevation change.

When the water is high in the Congaree River, which it is now, you could put in either in Cayce at the Grandy Landing or near the Fair Ground at the Rosewood Rd boat ramp. The only problem is that I don't trust leaving my truck/trailer overnight at either location.

My goal after the Charleston run is to launch my boat at one of those ramps and run all the way down to Lake Marion to the marina where we started the Charleston run and back, doing it in one day. That way I can say I boating from Columbia to Charleston.

It has been a number years since I have done the trip so my intell is poor. As for storing trucks/trailers while going down and back up to Charleston, there are a couple of places on Lake Marion. Santee State Park is just west of I-95, http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/santee/introduction.aspx but I'm not sure if they allow over night parking. Two other options on Lake Marion are Lakeside Marina & Resort http://www.lakemarionvacation.com/ & Lake Marion Resort and Marina http://www.lakemarionresortmarina.com/ . Since boating to and from Charleston is a popular thing to do, I would image one of the 3 would work. I was hoping to do some investigating this winter/spring but it did not happen.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately you can't go from Lake Murray to Charleston unless you want to perform a James Bond Live and Let Die boat jump. The difference would be the jump from Lake Murray over the two damn's (earthen and concrete backup) would be about 500' long and almost 200' of elevation change.

When the water is high in the Congaree River, which it is now, you could put in either in Cayce at the Grandy Landing or near the Fair Ground at the Rosewood Rd boat ramp. The only problem is that I don't trust leaving my truck/trailer overnight at either location.

My goal after the Charleston run is to launch my boat at one of those ramps and run all the way down to Lake Marion to the marina where we started the Charleston run and back, doing it in one day. That way I can say I boating from Columbia to Charleston.

It has been a number years since I have done the trip so my intell is poor. As for storing trucks/trailers while going down and back up to Charleston, there are a couple of places on Lake Marion. Santee State Park is just west of I-95, http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/santee/introduction.aspx but I'm not sure if they allow over night parking. Two other options on Lake Marion are Lakeside Marina & Resort http://www.lakemarionvacation.com/ & Lake Marion Resort and Marina http://www.lakemarionresortmarina.com/ . Since boating to and from Charleston is a popular thing to do, I would image one of the 3 would work. I was hoping to do some investigating this winter/spring but it did not happen.
Yeah I have to look into the overnight parking I'm pretty sure you can at the public ramps on Moultrie. Everytime we have done this run we have started in Charleston made it a one day run. Usually leave Charleston around 9am usually to the locks between 11:30 and 12:30 depnding on who all is with us( last year one of the boats with us only wanted to cruise around 25 mph so it took towards the longer end of that) then usually back in Charleston around 6pm. So starting from the lakes and coming to Charleston is a new one for us.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely interested in a Charleston run...
The plan right now is to make that run on May 16th still working on details if you @DieselCamel can make it we would love to have you. We usually have 3-4 boats still trying to confirm who from the normal group is coming.