• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NC/Mid Atlantic Gathering in 2015?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh yeah that's right. I may go back over there and see what I can find. I really hope we can come up with something, somewhere next year.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We WILL do a gathering in 2015, and I have volunteered myself to coordinate, but am happy to have all the help I can get! Step one is to find a location!

We did Stonehouse Timber Lodge on Lake Gaston (was the biggest gathering I organized in the area), and have had other smaller gatherings at other locations (Falls Lake NC, Lake Murray SC). Stone house worked well as they have lots of cabins at a variety of prices and docks (the two primary requirements met!).

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a pic from Lake Gaston:

Here is the whole Album (other people had albums too) Lots of cool photos in there....this being one of my favorites (@Stacey in SC 's kids being driven by her husband....with me taking pics---the new Canon D70 will ROCK for this):

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not overly familiar with the area but Lake Norman could be fun as well i know its a pretty good size lake. @andy07sx230ho My job has offered me a promotion I'm considering taking it would require a move from Myrtle Beach to Columbia any area I should be looking to move to up there by Lake Murray? Several people I work with have said i should look in the Lexington area?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not overly familiar with the area but Lake Norman could be fun as well i know its a pretty good size lake. @andy07sx230ho My job has offered me a promotion I'm considering taking it would require a move from Myrtle Beach to Columbia any area I should be looking to move to up there by Lake Murray? Several people I work with have said i should look in the Lexington area?
Anywhere around the lake is a good place to live. I've always lived in the Irmo/Chapin area, over 22 years. Both areas have excellent schools districts. To me the only downside to either side is on the Lexington side due to the amount of traffic since there are only 2 roads in and out of town, otherwise it is a toss up.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. You can pm me and I will give you my cell number if you want to talk.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Funny @andy07sx230ho .....I bought my first Yamaha boat (SX210) from Chapin SC (a place called Doss Automotive) and we did out test run in Lake Murray.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As far as I can tell, the dates are okay for me. I have done a LITTLE searching for stuff here on the coast. Usually the first weekend in August is the Beaufort pirate invasion. It's a big, pirate themed, waterfront festival where tall ships are on display. It can be fun, but crowded which may cause lodging and docking issues in that area. There is just so much to see in this area but I'm not sure how receptive people would be to staying in an area (like Wilmington) for a day, the trailering somewhere else like Swansboro/Morehead/Beaufort to finish out the weekend. Both Swansboro and Morehead have weekly concerts on the waterfront (but usually on Sunday evenings). And Morehead offers the chance to go to Shackleford Banks (to see the wild horses on the island) and Cape Lookout. There is something special about pulling up to the lighthouse on your own boat. I'll keep brain storming and seeing what I can come up with on this end.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
BTW....I can probably pull together 3-4 yamahas that I boat with every weekend. @mwilliams and @PedalPirate are in this area.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If @justason also shows I might be up for the 4.5 hour trek. Would this be a weekend thing? What is there to do there?
Not sure why but i dont get email alerts anymore for when i'm tagged or mailed in inbox

I support a gathering and those dates. I havent boated gaston yet either. Havent done mrytle either and thats on the short list.

@RobA if you didnt want to tow for the distance we could work something out as well

Tagging @Lspeedss @waterboy

Last edited:

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My co-captain and I would be in for those dates.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not sure why but i dont get email alerts anymore for when i'm tagged or mailed in inbox

I support a gathering and those dates. I havent boated gaston yet either. Havent done mrytle either and thats on the short list.

@RobA if you didnt want to tow for the distance we could work something out as well

Tagging @Lspeedss @waterboy

Those dates are really far out to plan for. I'll note it on my calendar but I'm getting married next September so god knows what my schedule is going to look like around that time.

Lake Gaston is 4.5 hours and Myrtle is 8 hours from me. I probably have to tack on an hour or two for stops and traffic. I would prefer the lake due to the fresh water, but my trailer is galvanized so salt isnt really a huge problem.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those dates are really far out to plan for. I'll note it on my calendar but I'm getting married next September so god knows what my schedule is going to look like around that time.

Lake Gaston is 4.5 hours and Myrtle is 8 hours from me. I probably have to tack on an hour or two for stops and traffic. I would prefer the lake due to the fresh water, but my trailer is galvanized so salt isnt really a huge problem.
You're getting married in September......and this is targeted for August.......I think I can answer this for you now.....
then again, you may want/need to come solo about that time..:eek::eek:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the Tag Eric..
So is this set up for Gaston on August 7,8,9, 2015.. ?
What location on the lake?
Steve

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK I'll just keep my eye on this thread..

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you guys decide to go away from the coastal theme I would vote for Lake Norman since you guys had already done Gaston and its about twice the size of Gaston. My first vote would still be a coastal theme either in NC or SC I truly believe it offers a lot more than any lake in SC and NC. We are also discussing a weekend though and honestly a coastal event may be over whelming for some just for a weekend there is so much to do and see that it would be tough to get everyone to agree on the plan for a weekend. One option that offers both is Lake Moultrie or Lake Marion both these lakes have access to the Ashley River thru some locks which is about a 50 mile run to Charleston. Charleston offers a pass through a naval base on the river and a beautiful ride through the low country. In Charleston you have Patriots Point with the Carrier Yorktown and a few submarines and other things also fort Sumter. You could make a whole day just with the run to Charleston and back to the lake with lots of things to see and do along the way. Probably the best trip i have ever done was the run from Charleston to Lake Marion. Here are some pics from May took are Friends boat and a jet ski.marion1.jpg marion2.jpg marion3.jpg marion4.jpg

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 I always wondered about making a run from lake Marion to Charleston. That sounds like a fun trip.