• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NC/Mid Atlantic Gathering in 2015?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The plan right now is to make that run on May 16th still working on details if you @DieselCamel can make it we would love to have you. We usually have 3-4 boats still trying to confirm who from the normal group is coming.
That weekend I'll be in Helen, GA for the one car show I attend each year. I'll watch the thread to see if it changes. So many awesome events, not enough weekends in boating season....

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That weekend I'll be in Helen, GA for the one car show I attend each year. I'll watch the thread to see if it changes. So many awesome events, not enough weekends in boating season....

At first I was like, $%#%$#, I work that weekend! And, then...oh, yeah. SoWo.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The plan right now is to make that run on May 16th still working on details if you @DieselCamel can make it we would love to have you. We usually have 3-4 boats still trying to confirm who from the normal group is coming.
@robert843 are you thinking of doing Sat, May 16th ride to Charleston, spend the night, and Sun, May 17th head back to the launch location?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 are you thinking of doing Sat, May 16th ride to Charleston, spend the night, and Sun, May 17th head back to the launch location?
Yeah that is the plan right now but it's open for discussion. I still have not confirmed anything with the others but they usally up for what ever for that trip

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah that is the plan right now but it's open for discussion. I still have not confirmed anything with the others but they usally up for what ever for that trip
Thanks, that works for me and I'm open to other plans. I was just trying to plan on who I might want to bring along for the trip and this helps.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If the weekend before or after that would work, you could probably count on 2 more boats attending. :)

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If the weekend before or after that would work, you could probably count on 2 more boats attending. :)
If it was the weekend before or after the group would only gain 1 boat, because I couldn't make it, not that the date has to stay to include my boat. Not sure the weekend after would work for most people or finding a hotel in Charleston since it is Memorial Day.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did a little phone recon to find a place to launch in Lake Marion and I only got 1 of 3 locations to answer the phone. I think launching in Lake Marion would be the most convienent for most people since all 3 potential spots are close to I-95.

The only 1 that answered the phone.
Santee State Park - http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/santee/introduction.aspx , you can launch and leave your truck/trailer there overnight for $2 per day. The only potential downside to this location is that it makes for the fartherest boat trip.

The other 2 that did not answer the phone.
Rocks Pond Campground & Marina - http://www.rockspondcampground.com/ . If they allow overnight parking, this would make for a shorter boat trip about 24 miles one way compared to launching at Santee State Park. Rocks Pond is about 18 miles east of I-95.

Lake Marion Resort & Marina - http://www.lakemarionresortmarina.com/ . This about 9 miles east of of I-95.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
please please please please lets avoid memorial day weekend.......rte 95, the waterways....etc

may 16th is welcome...as is the 9th

Last edited:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did a little internet snooping for hotels on the water adjacent to a place to dock the boat. I haven't yet checked on marina slips for the boat.

Courtyard by Marriott on the Ashley River - booked

LaQuinta Inn & Suites Riverside - $244, opposite side of the Ashley river from downtown Charleston

Shem Creek Inn - $289, not far from Patriots Point on the Mount Pleasant side of the Cooper River

Charleston Harbor Resort - $399, not far from Patriots Point on the Mount Pleasant side of the Cooper River & too pricey for my blood

My step-daughter lives in Mount Pleasant and I have asked her and her husband for potentially more options to stay where we can also dock the boat.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh geez, I didn't even realize the following weekend was memorial day. We're dragging the boat to Wilmington that weekend. So much water, so little time!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I couldn't change that date. That is pretty much the only weekend in May I could do. Once again this is not the official Mid Atlantic gathering that is still to be worked out but anybody who would like to join us more than welcome. I'm going to start snooping around online tonight to about the launch point. I'm pretty sure my friends are gonna Want to launch in lake Moultrie but I have to confirm that with them. That by no means is a reason for anybody else to launch there. If it is more convenient to launch in Lake Marion for most launch there and we will meet Moultrie. I know there are some cheaper hotel rooms in patriots point but I would have to dig further into the docking situation over there.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh geez, I didn't even realize the following weekend was memorial day. We're dragging the boat to Wilmington that weekend. So much water, so little time!
veedubtek..... a lot of this video was filmed in/around Wilmington (basically from the .45 sec mark on) You'll have a great time!

Time Well Wasted May/June 2014:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did a little internet snooping for hotels on the water adjacent to a place to dock the boat. I haven't yet checked on marina slips for the boat.

Courtyard by Marriott on the Ashley River - booked

LaQuinta Inn & Suites Riverside - $244, opposite side of the Ashley river from downtown Charleston

Shem Creek Inn - $289, not far from Patriots Point on the Mount Pleasant side of the Cooper River

Charleston Harbor Resort - $399, not far from Patriots Point on the Mount Pleasant side of the Cooper River & too pricey for my blood

My step-daughter lives in Mount Pleasant and I have asked her and her husband for potentially more options to stay where we can also dock the boat.
Wow the room rates are crazy that weekend I have been looking and the best bet on the water looks like the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Riverside that you have listed. At those rates I would almost say its better to dock at shem creek or Isle of Palms marina and take a cab to a hotel in Mount Pleastant. We could probably get a rooms in that area at a descent place for like $140. I'm good with what ever but before I paid $300+ for a night in Charleston I would almost rather do a one day round trip.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know what is going on that weekend in Charleston but even many of the hotels away from the water are booked or expensive. I did find a few lower end hotel available around the price range @robert843 mentioned $140ish.

I'm not opposed to doing the trip in one day but doing so might not be appealing to folks that are coming from out of state. If we do a day trip then we would have to plan another trip when rooms in Charleston are available and reasonably priced so we can have a bigger group.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I'm going to keep looking on hotels. Most of the hotels I have seen in the 140 range are not places my wife will stay at. The one for 244 on the water is a good price I'm not overly familiar with that one though.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah I'm going to keep looking on hotels. Most of the hotels I have seen in the 140 range are not places my wife will stay at. The one for 244 on the water is a good price I'm not overly familiar with that one though.
If your wife won't stay in the inland $140 hotels then she might not want to stay in the $244 hotel on the water. I have not been in the La Quinta but I have been past it when going to California Dreaming to eat. The La Quinta always looks clean on the outside but does appear to be on par with the inland $140 hotels.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have a wedding in Cincinatti memorial day weekend, so that is out for us....and boating out of town on either side of that would likely be a challenge. But would love to do this trip....with the hotel/slip approach for sure! @Stacey in SC might have some ideas on where to stay?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If your wife won't stay in the inland $140 hotels then she might not want to stay in the $244 hotel on the water. I have not been in the La Quinta but I have been past it when going to California Dreaming to eat. The La Quinta always looks clean on the outside but does appear to be on par with the inland $140 hotels.
So after looking there are plenty of good options for less than $200 a night located in North Charleston. I have stayed in several of these hotel for various business functions over the years most cater to business travelers so they have shuttles that will run us downtown if we wish. Maybe even pick us up from the marina. All three of the below marinas are in North Charleston and probably within 2-5 miles of all the hotels there what would you think of that kind of option?

Dolphin Cove Marina
www.dolphincovemarina.net - (843) 744-2562 - 3 reviews

RiversEdge Marina
www.riversedgemarina.com - (843) 554-8901 - 3 reviews

Cooper River Marina
ccprc.com - (843) 554-0790 - 1 review

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So after looking there are plenty of good options for less than $200 a night located in North Charleston. I have stayed in several of these hotel for various business functions over the years most cater to business travelers so they have shuttles that will run us downtown if we wish. Maybe even pick us up from the marina. All three of the below marinas are in North Charleston and probably within 2-5 miles of all the hotels there what would you think of that kind of option?

Dolphin Cove Marina
www.dolphincovemarina.net - (843) 744-2562 - 3 reviews

RiversEdge Marina
www.riversedgemarina.com - (843) 554-8901 - 3 reviews

Cooper River Marina
ccprc.com - (843) 554-0790 - 1 review
That option sounds good, we would save about $100 per room. I don't know which hotel you were thinking of but the Holiday Inn Express by the airport is nice and reasonably priced, http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?roomInfoList[0].numberOfAdults=2&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&dd=05/17/15&roomInfoList[0].numberOfChildren=0&rl=CITY:1485499:UNKNOWN:UNKNOWN&did=1485499&numberOfRooms=1&tab=description&dn=North+Charleston,+South+Carolina,+United+States+of+America&hotelId=390839&cd=05/16/15 We are open to any hotels this was just a thought.

As for which marina, I could see the Cooper River Marina being a good choice if the Charleston Harbor around the Battery is rough otherwise any of the three would work.