• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 19 FT Yamaha Surf Package

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please let us know, I was looking at it for my 2016 AR190

Shaphan78

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will do! I get the boat out of storage in about 2 weeks. Gonna get it on the water and try it out almost immediately. Hang in there. I post some pics. Fail or no fail! 😁

Shaphan78

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay.... So there is a small fitment issue. There are tabs on both ends that dont let it sit flush with the boat. also it extends past the back of the boat by about an 1.5 inches. Other than that it appears to line up well with the side of boat and with the jet. The principals of operation and the angles seem sound and still correct. I'm really considering cutting the tabs off and running it. In fact i'm just gonna do it and call it a loss for the team! I really have high hopes for it. Unless someone here says dont do it.. My grinder is coming out!

Attachments

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Only the side tab makes contact when fitted. Yours appears to be pressed under the hull insstead of being on the side. It looks like the eye placement is off several inches on your model compared to the intended design.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe you can torch the tab, straighten it out with a hammer, and then weld a new tab there. What does the other tab look like when installed?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would grinding the opening to shift the booster over for the tab to clear the edge if the hull be the wiser choice? I'm assuming the tabs are meant to prevent twisting out of position with the pressure if the water against it.

You may realize but, the retention pin I believe is meant to install from the other side and tighten against itself.

Last edited:

Shaphan78

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jrad. Yeah I get that. I couldn't get the pin in all the way because of the tab. Just wanted to get a picture for forum.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay.... So there is a small fitment issue. There are tabs on both ends that dont let it sit flush with the boat. also it extends past the back of the boat by about an 1.5 inches. Other than that it appears to line up well with the side of boat and with the jet. The principals of operation and the angles seem sound and still correct. I'm really considering cutting the tabs off and running it. In fact i'm just gonna do it and call it a loss for the team! I really have high hopes for it. Unless someone here says dont do it.. My grinder is coming out!
Shaphan what are the overall rough dimensions of this and what thickness metal are they using. I’m gonna work on fabricating my own for my 2017 ar195. Thanks

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have the 19ft surfing package on my 195s. Used it for the first time this weekend as instructed (stock setup with booster and two sacs) and overall worked great. First time of my son ever wakesurfing. I had three people total in the boat including me, sitting as close to starboard as possible as well.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Shaphan what are the overall rough dimensions of this and what thickness metal are they using. I’m gonna work on fabricating my own for my 2017 ar195. Thanks
When you get one that works make me one as well:winkingthumbsup"

Shaphan78

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys sorry for the delay. I'll get you a sketch tomorrow. I have the day off work. Been working crazy hours.

Shaphan78

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chris D Hi i took abunch of pictures and traced the outline. I could send you the tracing if you send me a DM. otherwise here are the rough photos with measurements.

Attachments

Shaphan78

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
one more for the thread. this shows the length from the bend. its the same on both ends.

Attachments

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I will say that Wakebooster is a game changer though on waves.

Shaphan78

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had really good success with just the ballast bags. Really want to try the wake booster. Water is a bit too cold and it won't work unless I modify it a bit. So trying what ever I can do before cutting a tab or putting a different slot in it.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've had really good success with just the ballast bags. Really want to try the wake booster. Water is a bit too cold and it won't work unless I modify it a bit. So trying what ever I can do before cutting a tab or putting a different slot in it.
Weight is key for sure. But what I noticed is that the engineers at Yamaha clearly thought of the design of the booster and the combined fat sacs they provide. If you do it like they recommend you do actually get a decent wave.

CBallr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Shaphan78 Did you end up getting in the water yet? Really curious how this ends up. Did you end up cutting the tab?

CBallr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wright2e Any chance you have a picture of how the booster sits on the underside of the swim deck?