• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 19 FT Yamaha Surf Package

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found the wakebooster setup to be impossible to use on a older 19ft boat. I’m going fully custom. I also found it to be difficult if not impossible to run a dual side setup when even on a full custom piece. They must have changed the trailer tie points on the boat. I’m making my own version for a normal sided rider for my 17 ar195. With that being said maybe Shaphan came up with something.

Last edited:

Shaphan78

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Shaphan78 Did you end up getting in the water yet? Really curious how this ends up. Did you end up cutting the tab?
Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay. But here it is! I'm going to the lake tommorow to test it out. If everything is correct I'll cut the slot for the other side. It appears to line up really well. So here goes nothing. I'll post results tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Success. Finally was able to surf ropeless!

650 lb bag in the middle of the rear deck, 200 lb bag on the surfer side. I adjusted the wakebooster to minimize the angle (tab touching on port side, other tab as far as possible from the stern).

The surfable pocket is about 6 feet long!

I also played around with the speed and 10.5mph is the sweet spot.

20200523_110554_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Are you using PerfectPass/RideSteady for speed control at all?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ridesteady... couldn't do it without!

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I think RideSteady is going to be my next upgrade. Debating between that and the WakeBooster.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You can create a surfable wave without the wakebooster. But without a constant speed, it's hopeless. The Ridesteady we also use for wakeboarding.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I can go ropeless with a (borrowed) phase 5 board and the transom FatSac on the surf side. I picked up the slingshot coaster since my main board was a Liquid Force Rocket. I am hoping that helps a bit. There were times where I could get some hopes of ropeless with the rocket, but the push from the wave would just disappear.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I can go ropeless with a (borrowed) phase 5 board and the transom FatSac on the surf side. I picked up the slingshot coaster since my main board was a Liquid Force Rocket. I am hoping that helps a bit. There were times where I could get some hopes of ropeless with the rocket, but the push from the wave would just disappear.
What size is the rocket?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well, bigger is better when it comes to a small wave. I went from a Phase 5 XB to a Hyperlite Shim 5ft 3". The hyperlite isn't as maneuverable but floats much more. I could have gone a few inches longer.

Last edited:

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine was opposite, the Phase5 was an inch or two shorter but was much quicker.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The
Mine was opposite, the Phase5 was an inch or two shorter but was much quicker.
The Coaster wil be great! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I tried to muster the courage yesterday, but the 58 degree water was too much. With air temps in the 80’s this week I think I’ll finally be able to test it out.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to muster the courage yesterday, but the 58 degree water was too much. With air temps in the 80’s this week I think I’ll finally be able to test it out.
Lol, I was more desperate than I've ever been this season... Utah Lake, April 11, water was 57° air temp was 58°... It was very uncharacteristic of me. It was an ice bath. 2 runs was all I managed. I'm totally bragging, Lol! I don't know what got into me. My wife went first (with a wetsuit) and I wasn't just not going to do it myself... 🤷‍♂️
20200411_164428_1.gif
The water is close to 70° now so it's almost bearable.

Get in there! Your man card hangs in the balance. 😉😁

(On a 2019 5'0" Coaster)

CBallr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay. But here it is! I'm going to the lake tommorow to test it out. If everything is correct I'll cut the slot for the other side. It appears to line up really well. So here goes nothing. I'll post results tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for the pic and update. Sounds like there needs to be new holes for each loop under the swim deck? Hope it worked out well for you! Let us know if it worked. Much appreciated.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Water was 66, so I was able to surf a bit today. Coaster was definitely much faster than the Rocket. Easily able to go ropeless with just the fatsac on the surf side. My wife rode it without the fatsac and was starting to get a bit of slack with no other surf mods. Love the board @J-RAD!