• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New 2015 Models

Wait guys... that's just the SR model right? I mean, wait till they show you the sx310, the ar310, or even the delux 312.
In all seriousness, that boat is aimed for a $200,000-$300,000 buyer looking to save a bit of money. That's not going to be under $100k. Dual engines would make it knock on the $200k door for sure.
Not the kinda boat I'm looking for personally, but perhaps some of you are. They have been putting more money into the outboards than the jet engine development for sure.

I do not see how they could price this boat for over 200k in the US. One could buy a brand new 2014 Chaparral 310 signature with TWIN ENGINES, bigger beam (wider means more roomy), more capacity, full bath with shower, full kitchen with stove top and sleep more people all for 200k. I think this boat has to have a price point much less than something like that.
http://www.chaparralboats.com/2014/chaparral/Chaparral-Boat.php?boat_id=98

Last edited:
I do not see how they could price this boat for over 200k in the US. One could buy a brand new 2014 Chaparral 310 signature with TWIN ENGINES, bigger beam (wider means more roomy), more capacity, full bath with shower, full kitchen with stove top and sleep more people all for 200k. I think this boat has to have a price point much less than something like that.
http://www.chaparralboats.com/2014/chaparral/Chaparral-Boat.php?boat_id=98

I dunno, my config got to the mid 200s pretty quickly on that boat. Add AC/Generator, anchor, windlass, sun pads, windows that open, etc etc etc. If in typical Yamaha fashion, they outfit it one way with everything, they could reduce build complexity and keep prices down, especially if they follow suit on pricing like bowriders. It would be interesting that's for sure! Still out of my range though. And Yamaha doesn't have the cachet that the other brands do. I'd pull a Toyota / Lexus move if I were Yamaha. Build a premium brand up.

How about a jet boat that throws a clean wake and finds a way to keep the jet wash down. I'm sure there has to be a way.

What about a hydraulic "Trim plate" that forces the jet wash under?

Never thought I would see a Yamaha with a true stabbin' cabin. :woot:

Anyway, I think the outboard engine configuration is goofy, but better than the alternative of hanging that outboard off the rear...

As far as 2015s....I would like to see:
Make the dual throttles easier to access without turning palm up.
Beef up the door to the storage compartment.
Build a ballast system in the 242.
Perfect Pass or something similar from factory.
Some kind of innovative hinge to access the rear storage compartments without removing them.
Factory installed SeaDek option instead of carpets and snaps.
A place to flush mount a Sonar/GPS or an option to have this rigged at factory.
Some kind of retractable skeg to enable better slow trolling control.
Some kind of built in trolling motor in the front. Call it bow thrusters!

Last edited:
only a month and a day or so till dealer show and new Yamaha models are shown.

Do we have a date on product announcement?
We should throw a launch party.

Keep your ears open. Join their Facebook page and twitter feed to hear announcements. They usually start posting new pics and data before the big dealer rollout meeting -- at least they did last year if I remember correctly. Should start seeing something in the next 14 days.

11 days. . . . .

Tuesday the 19th, 15 days.

I'm so freaking excited!!!

I heard they are placing a huge rudder in the center of the hull so it drives like a stern drive, funny I have been placing rudders on jet boats for over a decade and they drive better than a stern drive, low speed assistance only is rather boring in my opinion, high speed assistance is a blast, ever watch some of my jet ski videos , it is wild, the high speed control is amazing .

Seems like they're targeting the misconception that jet boats have handling problems to entice more over to this side. It'll be interesting to see what they do, but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.

Seems like they're targeting the misconception that jet boats have handling problems to entice more over to this side. It'll be interesting to see what they do, but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.

I don't think it is a misconception at low speed. Yes, you can learn to handle the boat as good as a stern drive and the dual engine models provide some extra ability, but I think the general consensus is that a I/O handles much better at low speed than a jetboat. There is a reason that they added TDE and we buy aftermarket products such as Thrust Vectors and Cobra fins.

I don't think it is a misconception at low speed. Yes, you can learn to handle the boat as good as a stern drive and the dual engine models provide some extra ability, but I think the general consensus is that a I/O handles much better at low speed than a jetboat. There is a reason that they added TDE and we buy aftermarket products such as Thrust Vectors and Cobra fins.
It's just a different way of driving, but yes, the majority are coming from or comparing to a rudder, so this is how they gain market share. I'd rather see different innovation.

Edit: ...plus we already have solutions for those that'd like it, as mentioned.

Back