• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 Models

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
trimming the jet output down might clean up the wake a bit, or it might just drive the bow down into the water...which would be good for the ride in chop. A trim feature would be nice overall. It's really one of the few things, aside from the noise reduction associated with underwater exhaust, that I/Os really have over jets IMO.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
:happy:I'd tell you guys a little secret but than I would have to kill you all. So looks like you got to wait...:happy: j/k idk anything. But rumor season seems to be in full swing.

Last edited:

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
See my previous post!

:)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
From both sites, and over 3 years, I've found 4 MAIN things to be true:
1. From our typical boats, owners move from Yamaha to either a Cruiser boat (so make one)
2. Or a full wakeboard boat. (so enhance the 212x)
3. Steering is an issue, but the TDE is a help. At least they are starting to address it.
4. More speed. This crowd is what, 1/3 - 1/4 of owners? how do we have 320-360 hp and only do 50-55?

I think that in part, numbers 1 and 4 go together, and 2 and 3 go together.
But an outboard cruiser with one engine is not what we were thinking at all.
And a large rudder is not what we were needing either.
Maybe they will surprise us. Lets see it when they make it!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As excited as we are to see what is going on in 2015, I bet the new jetboat manufacturers are even more anxious. All of the new jet boats obviously take cues from the Yamaha and they are directly coming after the Yamaha market share. They built and released their boats to compete against the 2014 Yamaha models and they likely won't be making significant changes to their boats for several years. Yamaha has an opportunity to really put some distance between them and also to reconsider pricing now that the competition is increasing. Of course, they could miss the mark and the new guys on the block will get some more of the pie.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At minimum maybe they need to start an owner loyalty discount to keep us in their flock?

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pics or it didnt happen
These are screen captures from the GoPro video of us pulling into the marina behind the camera boat that was filming the 2015 models. The camera boat is the blue catamaran with the T shaped tower/scaffolding. The boats to the right and left of the camera boat are 2015 models (not sure which ones). They never tied up to the dock so we never got a good look. Again these are stills from a GoPro. I couldn't zoom or even aim the camera other than to spin the boat a little. I know, not much better than Sasquatch pics, but the fact is it did happen!! LOL

2015 Yamaha - 2.JPG 2015 Yamaha - 2.JPG 2015 Yamaha - 3.JPG 2015 Yamaha.JPG 2015 Yamaha - 3.JPG

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like a wider pickled fork bow to me.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The next morning we were leaving our campground and I saw the camera boat again at our boat ramp so I pulled in and circled around with my 242LS in tow as they were clearly in the middle of a promotional photo shoot (shooting a faux family on a 192 from the shore). I got out and a young lady started asking about my boat and how I liked it? She was one of their marketing people and we had a quick conversation about how cool Yamaha boats are and I got a new Yamaha hat out of the deal.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe it's the decal that made me think it's a pickled fork bow.
image.jpg

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hard to tell from the pic, but is the freeboard not as tall? Looks lower to the water and overall has a more sweeping look.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hard to tell from the pic, but is the freeboard not as tall? Looks lower to the water and overall has a more sweeping look.
I think It's the ar192 which is lower.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think It's the ar192 which is lower.
I think you are right @Speedling, I believe this was one of the 190 models. The one following and to the right of the camera boat that you can barely see is a 212 or 240 equivalent (I think). They had already put the 242 (supposedly 25 footer with an even higher freeboard for 2015) back up in the factory - I guess to hide it from the crazy guy who chased them around the lake just trying to get a better look. LOL

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Interesting tower. Folding maybe?
The tower that I got the best look at was on the 242 while going 50mph. To me, it appeared flat like many of the current wake boat towers (not made of round tubing), with lots of angles but still forward swept.