• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boat Owner from Afghanistan (for now)

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome aboard Sir, and thank you for your service, it is greatly appreciated. Congratulations on the new boat. Be safe and get home soon !!!

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new boat!

Here are a few tubes that I'm very familiar with. I've had the AIRHEAD since 2008 and it's still going strong! Kids loved it until I bought the Costco GT-2. They both are a blast to ride for the young and old alike.

http://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-AHSSL-1-Super-Slice-Towable/dp/B000FE9CF0/ref=sr_1_13?s=boating-water-sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1406289499&sr=1-13

http://www.costco.com/.product.100116701.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-itempageVerticalRight-_-CategorySiloedViewCP&cm_vc=itempageVerticalRight|CategorySiloedViewCP

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Helipilot11 Yay! another helo driver! :winkingthumbsup" Welcome! You will love the boat, and you could not be in better hands with this group. Here's to getting you back home and some very well deserved R&R on the water.

Thank you for your service![flag]

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@cwoav8r I saw your post in the jobs thread and was going to respond! I trained on the 206, super fun helicopter! Now I fly a super sports car (UH-60M) love it. I wish I could fly by the beach.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, they are actually surplus OH-58's... but I really miss the Cobra. :( And... sunset patrol flights down the beach do kinda rock... not gonna lie. :cool:

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Helipilot11 glad to have another service member here!! This community is incredible, and full of knowledgeable people always willing to help.

My only dealings with helo's in the Marines was spy rigging from a black hawk in Okinawa! LOL Damn I wish I had a GoPro back then.

Thank you for your service!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Helipilot11 ... welcome and thank you for your service!! You will learn a great deal from these fine folks. Mostly how to help you spend some of that hard earned money on some very exciting modifications that will be calling your name very soon!!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Adding my welcome and thanks.

Lots of great advice all over here. On the tubes, I just generally pick up one off season off the clearance for cheap. Seems with 360hp in front of it, the kids don't mind...

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for your service and hope you get home soon.

As for tips with the boat, patients and practice, these boats don't handle like outdrive or outboard boats. Once you master these boats they are more maneuverabile than prop boats. Here is a good video with excellent tips on maneuvering these boats,

If after plenty of practice you are still having trouble with slow speed handling many, me included, have added fins to help out. Here are links to the two suppliers, Thrust Vector XL http://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_product=7&controller=product and Cobra Jet Steering http://www.cobrajetsteering.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135&Itemid=72, both suppliers on members of this forum.
Just curious. After watching this video, the Editor, Randy, states "you never want to power on..." I haven't powered on/off since installing UBB's (not looking for a debate here). I know it's banned in many locations and understand why I'm just wondering if this is a change from Yamaha or just this editor's opinion?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for your service!
Welcome.jpg

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! & thank you & for your service. May your need boat bring you lots of good times!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase. Get home safe from A-Stan and enjoy. That place is a shit hole.

I took delivery of a 14' AR240HO in May. . . . . . Been loving it ever since. You're going to have a blast.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@0627Devildog I will be home in less than 30 days...(Not counting or anything)....I saw your 240, I was torn between your color and the red. It was a hard decision but went with the red. I can't wait to enjoy it. Any pointers you have for me?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@0627Devildog I will be home in less than 30 days...(Not counting or anything)....I saw your 240, I was torn between your color and the red. It was a hard decision but went with the red. I can't wait to enjoy it. Any pointers you have for me?
Thats great, can't get you back soon enough. As far as pointers go:

1 - Save up all of that hazard pay, because these SOB's will have you spending LOTS of money.
2 - If this is your first jet, get some fins and whether your first or not get some plug locks
3 - I highly recommend a set of Veve Guides. They saved my ass the VERY first time out after putting them on, and helped immensely last weekend during recovery on a windy day.
4- Hold off on making any major mods until you get a good idea how you intend to use the boat. Besides the above, I have committed to no major mods until next year. (see # 1)
5 - Try not to be TOO anal about the cleanliness of the boat and ENJOY it. Hard to do for a military man, with a BRAND NEW boat (ask me how I know) but you will enjoy it much more if you're not barking at everyone to be neat and tidy, etc. . . . When you get back for the day everyone can pitch in to help clean her up. But while she is out try not to get too hung up on it as it can be a joy kill.
6 - Transition from deployment to the civilian world (even just being back in Garrison) can be tough. . . . I recommend a 7.62 Minigun mount for the tower or bow to help ease the transition :winkingthumbsup"

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
. . . . I recommend a 7.62 Minigun mount for the tower or bow to help ease the transition :winkingthumbsup"
Haha...I'd like to see that as an option...or better yet, just part of the package as Yamaha really doesn't do options.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I will look at the VeVe Guide post. I know beyond the wake sells some covers for the post. Does anyone else know of better ones? The boat is getting dropped off at the audio installer tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife should have it at the house by wednesday. I can't wait to have it at the house and pictures.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Any advice on coolers? I know a lot of people like the AO brand. What size and where do most people put it?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
The AO sto-n-go fits under the folding co-pilot chair nicely. I personally love my AOs. Others have differing opinions. I actually tend to use the 18 pack backpack AO more than any of my other ones. Just depends on how long you plan on being on the water and what your doing, so I have two 24's and the 18 to fit my needs.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should it be welcome aboard? OR Welcome Abroad?