• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boat Owner from Afghanistan (for now)

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the AOs and Norchill coolers. I would buy the Norchill on the 2 for 1 deal posted occasionally. I think it is on par with AO and 1/4 the price on special...

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What size is everyone using?

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The wife is picking up the boat today at 4:30 from the audio installers!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be sleeping but I might wake up so she can FaceTime me! She is finally coming home!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wife is picking up the boat today at 4:30 from the audio installers!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be sleeping but I might wake up so she can FaceTime me! She is finally coming home!
Dude, I feel for ya not being there when the boat comes home. Hope you get home soon to enjoy it!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@96Pirate Yeah it is killing me. The audio guy is starting to make me mad tho. The boat was dropped off to him on Saturday but they didn't start on it until monday since the GM was not at work. I was referred to these guys from the dealer and been working directly with the GM throughout the process. He told me that the boat would be ready by wednesday so my wife scheduled one of our friends to help tow it back to the house. On wednesday the GM called and said he ordered the wrong tower clamps and the ones he needs are not in stock but the boat will be ready on thursday. So once again my wife asked our friend to drive to Nashville (45 minutes) to get the boat. He just emailed me and said that the tech is still messing with the sub enclosure to ensure the best sound and he needed more time after the clamps to show up to detail the boat and tune the system. At this point in the game the enclosure should of already been done! The GM also said he is working at a different store today and wanted to change the pick date since he wanted to see if it was up to his standard before delivery. Well buddy you think if someone is spending a GREAT deal of money on a system that has been scheduled for over a week you would find time to make things happen. He should just go over there and help get the boat done in time. Sorry had to vent......I guess I won't be taking my car there to get an update later this year.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Helipilot11 Sorry for the troubles you are having. But in the long run it will be well worth it. And you are not losing time out on the water right now since you are not there.

You may owe your friend a bunch of trips out on the boat though :)

It will all work out.

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just bought a new 2014 AR240 (Red). I can't wait to be back in the states to spend some time out on the water with my wife. I am a brand new boat owner so looking for lessons learned and tips. Don't be shy about it. I am located in the Clarksville, TN area and looking for members to boat with!
Is this Evan? If so....you went with the Yamaha eh? Well congrats. Will you be on Percy any when you return? If so give me a shout and we could meet up.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Joseph Baxter , yes it is. My wife and I just could not come to grips on spending the money on the 215 in the first year of production. I have to say though, Mike is a trip and would of loved to buy a boat from him. I have the whole month of September off and some of October so I will be on the lake every weekend and throughout the week when the house chores are done. I would love to meet up sometime.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Helipilot11, I will be on Percy Priest as soon as I get back. I'm planning going on Labor Day weekend, if I make it on time. This heat with no water or adult beverages is killing me. LOL. Once I get home I will PM you my #. Take care and stay safe. NSDQ!!!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A little late to the thread, but welcome to the forum. A lot of great people on here with lots of knowledge. See you have already received a lot of good advice. Think I saw earlier in the thread you asked about a tube. I bought this one earlier in the summer and it has been a big hit with all who have been on it: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18666116&cp=4406646.4413993.19248926.4417982

As a veteran, THANK YOU for your service! Get home SAFE to your family and have some FUN on the new toy!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@BravoMike I was just looking that one the other day. How is it? It will be adults riding it mostly on my end. Any videos?

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is one from last week. Not the best quality...taken with iPhone. Have four young kids on the tube, so was taking it easy on them. Riders have mostly been teenagers and a couple adults. All loved it. As you can see in the video the tube glides on top of the water for the most part and with the turned up ends it is easy to get airborne. Wish I had a video of a couple teenage boys who challenged me that I could not throw them off in less than 30 seconds. They lost.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BravoMike did you get a tower? I see those straps, so maybe it is pylon??

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's the Insanity Pylon. Only second time out with it. I do not have the desire to have a tower on the boat, although there are times it would be nice. But, for me, the pylon will do when I need it and when it is not needed it stores easily in the boat. I keep it under the port bow seat.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool. Glad it is working out for you.

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Joseph Baxter , yes it is. My wife and I just could not come to grips on spending the money on the 215 in the first year of production. I have to say though, Mike is a trip and would of loved to buy a boat from him. I have the whole month of September off and some of October so I will be on the lake every weekend and throughout the week when the house chores are done. I would love to meet up sometime.
Yeah I have been told through October is pretty good to be out but after that I am storing it and going to work on the new stereo install. Well congrats and keep in touch. Stay safe out there!

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well I got my LEDs on now I am going to take the kicker amps out and replace then with more powerful Alpine amps. More than likely a new head unit. Once the warranty expires on the engine I am going to get with a buddy and boost the HP. Says he can get me around 300 HP.....wife is concerned we will go to fast....pfffft!!! What about you?

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I like the underwater LEDs you installed. How hard was that? Currently the boat is in the shop getting a total audio overhaul, but I'm having problems with the shop. I am worried about the outcome. More HP is always a plus.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the underwater LEDs you installed. How hard was that? Currently the boat is in the shop getting a total audio overhaul, but I'm having problems with the shop. I am worried about the outcome. More HP is always a plus.
This is a very quick version of installation instructions. Drill a hole through the hull for the wire. Remove the bilge access cover to pull the wire through. Run additional wiring to new switch in the dash area. Use caulk to seal the through hull hole and seal the light to the hull. Drill holes and screw light to hull with stainless screws. Caulk and reinstall bilge access cover. I already had the bilge cover open and a switch in place so mine took perhaps 20 minutes. It might be a few hours start to finish. You will spend more time picking out the light than installing it.