• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boat Owner from Afghanistan (for now)

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just bought a new 2014 AR240 (Red). I can't wait to be back in the states to spend some time out on the water with my wife. I am a brand new boat owner so looking for lessons learned and tips. Don't be shy about it. I am located in the Clarksville, TN area and looking for members to boat with!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for your service and hope you get home soon.

As for tips with the boat, patients and practice, these boats don't handle like outdrive or outboard boats. Once you master these boats they are more maneuverabile than prop boats. Here is a good video with excellent tips on maneuvering these boats,

If after plenty of practice you are still having trouble with slow speed handling many, me included, have added fins to help out. Here are links to the two suppliers, Thrust Vector XL http://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_product=7&controller=product and Cobra Jet Steering http://www.cobrajetsteering.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135&Itemid=72, both suppliers on members of this forum.

Last edited:

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, Congrats on the new boat. Thank you for your service.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had the dealer install thrust vectors already. I rather have them from the start. Any suggestions on tubes?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Big Mabel is a good safe choice. Liked by kids and adults.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations! Welcome! And thank you for your service! I have 4 tubes.....each one has a rider niche....flat single person for athletic teens, sit in 3 person for the little ones, Monster Bandwagon 2+2 for bigger groups of kids, and a medium 2 person for the adventourous ones of all ages.....(I never go out with them all!). The Bandwagon and 2 person Aero tube (no longer made) are the favorites....with the Aero being my fav as it is light and fast to inflate!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, congratulations on the boat and THANK YOU for your service! You will love the boat as well as this forum. Just be patient and practice the slow speed maneuvering. You will get the hang of it (much sooner I would assume with the fins). I am still finless and get better each time out.

Hope you make it home soon!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crap! I saw the title and was expecting to see a Yammie all decked out with mini guns and missile launchers....but that's OK. You get a free pass.
Hope you get your butt home soon and enjoy that boat!

[flag]

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had the dealer install thrust vectors already. I rather have them from the start. Any suggestions on tubes?
First ... Welcome ! Glad you're here !
Second: @Boat Crazy gave you excellent advice. BIG MABLE has become the de facto "standard" in Quality tubes. Other good choices are: THE GREAT BIG MABLE, and THE PAPARAZZI, both by Sportstuff (and by far way more expensive.)

A GREAT DEAL on The BIG MABLE can be found now at 1 of my most fav spots, Hodges Marine. While AMazon, etc want about $ 230 for a BIG MABEL, HODGES has this for $180 right now.
Tax and shipping is included in that price, at least to Georgia.

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/Sportsstuff-Big-Mable-p/ssf53-2213.htm?click=7482

Another EXCELLENT supplier is "The Digital Oasis." Also a SUPER spot to buy the Minn Kota 220-D Dual Bank chargers (Now the newer version Mk 220-PC) less expensively.
Here's their link for the BIG MABle @ $179 DELIVERED !
http://www.thedigitaloasis.com/SPOR-BIG-MABLE-72X80-Sportsstuff-53-2213_p_18457.html?utm_source=googlepla&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=53-2213&gclid=CO-5joqb3r8CFSdk7AodGDIAKw#.U9EfLPldWFU

Again, Enjoy yourself and that killer new boat you just got !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 5.jpg

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks guys for all the input! Along the lines of bumpers when docking....any suggestions (Brand, Size)

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I started out with 6 1/2 inch. I just ordered 8 1/2 inch. I seem to be doing a lot of tying up to other boats this year. They cost more but give more protection also. You will need a minimum of 4 but 6 is ideal.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for your service, and glad that you joined us!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Helipolot11, you may want to follow the Shelbyville thread. It is within your driving distance and a great way to meet fellow members. The best group of people you will ever meet with many shared water sport activities. Our next years planning will mostly start before the year is out but you can plan on it being the first weekend in August. Your family would love it. Everyone who attends their first one always come back.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,
being a first time boat owner make sure your first trip out is on a weekday with calm winds if possible with no expectations other than loading and unloading 2-3 times and practicing your driving. It can be very frustrating with a boat full of people expecting to have fun and your trying to learn how to SAFELY operate your boat.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new toy. You can add yourself to the members map pretty easily and you can then look on there to see who's in your area. Get home safe, thanks for ensuring our freedom.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new toy. You can add yourself to the members map pretty easily and you can then look on there to see who's in your area. Get home safe, thanks for ensuring our freedom.
Hmmm, is Afgakistan on the map?

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@ Boat Crazy. I will check it out. I won't be back until the last week in August then comes awesome Army training for a week. So I will be released in September. I doubt many people will be boating in September. I am free (hopefully) all next year tho!