• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Connext software!

daveoko1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
An earlier post stated "Get rid of the ANNOYINGLY LONG start up beep!!!!!!!!!!!!!". I removed the buzzer itself. It's a simple fix. Now my boat never beeps. SO MUCH nicer. I don't have a pic to share because i removed it over 3 years ago when i purchased it. Yeah, it was that annoying to me too. You'll find the buzzer behind the dash panel. Easy to get to in my 242 Limited S by simply opening the bi-fold door in the walk-through and removing that snap-on material that covers the back of the dashboard. It is a very small buzzer. Likely 1 in by i inch if i recall. Simply have the buzzer sound and look for it at the same time. just two wires to disconnect.

Gsueagle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In my 2015 240SXHO the OEM Polk stereo head unit stopped all audio output to speakers. I ordered a replacement OEM unit (F3F-U819A-01-00 STEREO MODULE (Yamaha) $468.85) and during the install we found that although sound through Bluetooth and USB still work but the Connext touch screen no longer controlled core stereo functions (volume, changing radio channels etc). The determination is that the firmware on the original 2015 Connext unit needs to be updated to work correctly with the replacement OEM Polk stereo. It will be very inconvienient for me to get my boat out of drystack storage and over the the dealer for a firmware update! Considering bypassing stereo controls on the Connext system all together.