• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New fender design from JBP

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Uhhh …
36D1D1A2-A0A5-485E-AACC-C0534CE99807.png
… I’m out.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They look useful around a piling but we will stick with our bulky Super Gard having spent a lot on them, 10.5 x 30, already. My wife makes Boat Blanket covers for them to stop the hull rub squeek. They last a couple of season's at our slip before they rub through. I try to tie my lines so the boat rides away from the dock, but a West wind abeam will put her against the finger.

20230401_095145.jpg
20230401_095211.jpg

She makes other things too.

Last edited:

Bluewater272

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks useful for temporary use on pilings, lots of restaurants at the shore here have some sketchy looking pilings and we forgo them for that reason. Much better (and cheaper) products for long-term piling use in your slip.

Some of the other use cases advertised are a bit of a stretch - sure, let me buy six of 'em to make a raft :D

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sounds great - but I guess Ive spent enough on boat stuff the last few years. Kind of out of the mood for something that’s not a “must have”.

jmargo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this a solution to a problem that really doesn't exist ? More of a novelty item.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Great idea. How long will they stay in your slip? One night tops. Fish bones with wings.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love the idea, but the price point is way too high, IMO. I'll stick with my ol' rubbers that do the job. I'd be willing to buy around the $50/piece range.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
In florida a majority of our pilings have barancles on them. If these are at the waterline or below waterline due to tide, then do they also get covered in barnacles and really just scratch my boat more that the actual piling? For a personal dock on an inland lake, I think it would work fine. IMO, I wouldnt shell out that $$. I like the forward thinking tho!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
1680636922981.png

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I hate that you linked those and I'm not $130 less rich than I was this morning. Damn you for spending my money so efficiently!

:D
I use these a lot for dock pilings, quite a few docks around here have no protection and these are perfect. But they work great as normal bumpers too. I like the foam, it doesn't scratch like your normal plastic fender.

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree , specially when tying to other boats
Takes balls to tie up to another boat

On a serious note they saved the day when rafting up in a poorly protected sandbar. Only issue we had was getting ropes to stay on the mastercraft wakeboard style cleats

Sherwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd like to make my own like the kaku kayak logo.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If imitation is the highest form of flattery …

I just purchased this (a pack of four anti fatigue mats and several disposable exacto knives from harbor freight for $16, the screw driver was free).

I plan to glue two to four of these mats together and cut my own “Ronnie” Fishbone fenders out of them. I should be able to make two quad layer fenders or or four dual layer fenders with what I have. I will also go with bungee cords or traditional ropes / lines.

they won’t look as nice as the “real deal” but i don’t care, I won’t be selling them, just want to diversify my personal fender selection/collection. Having them is only half the battle, I have to remember to use them as well. I think I’ve used my two mission fenders all of four times since I bought them over two years ago. So far they are the most expensive fenders I rarely use.

F766E102-ABEC-4770-801D-7F0F34075F19.jpeg
C47964F2-AFC7-4523-8B30-EFB3A4C9D94D.jpeg
0FF6B97C-7873-4661-AEDA-F75682603977.jpeg

Last edited: