• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Mexico is Drying Up

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sympathetic post to @RobbieO

Current conditions:

1654645384554.jpg
1654645403635.jpg

OK, so that makes only Brantley (4.5 hours from my house), Navajo (3.5 hours) and Ute (3.25 hours) that have good conditions (none have excellent, and Clayton is no wake). Well, at least gas is cheap this summer. Wait, what??

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Current conditions:

View attachment 179941
View attachment 179942

OK, so that makes only Brantley (4.5 hours from my house), Navajo (3.5 hours) and Ute (3.25 hours) that have good conditions (none have excellent, and Clayton is no wake). Well, at least gas is cheap this summer. Wait, what??
Sorry to hear that. The problem in CA is our lakes are relatively large and most of our water goes to the central valley and SoCal, and drain quickly. They are awesome for watersports and floating because the lakes have fingers and coves and are well spread out. When the level is down, you basically are left with a shallow pond of water where the outlets are closed off. Still doable, but sucks.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Current conditions:

View attachment 179941
View attachment 179942

Sorry to hear the news. I wasn’t aware that NM had water within its boundaries. Looking at the map it looks like a big sandbox with some ant hills scattered around. 🤣
Seriously though, that sucks. Around here we’re spoiled with water all around. Rock river, Mississippi, Illinois river, Lake Michigan, Coralville lake, lake Mendota, lake Geneva and countless other spots to go within just a couple hours of home.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on out to Michigan, plenty of water everywhere :)

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be there July 17! However, since I am driving up and then flying to CA, and my wife is driving back, I couldn't convince her to pull the boat with us. Oh well, next year.

Come on out to Michigan, plenty of water everywhere :)

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had significant drought around 2015 and many lakes didn't have any ramps or marinas that were functional. They said it would take a decade to fill the lakes back up. It took about 6 months. Untitled-1.jpg

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Utah is quite low on many areas too. :(

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lots of salty water here...

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As I sit here listening to the tornado sirens preparing to go to the basement, I'm thinking some dry weather wouldn't be bad.