• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yami Owner in Key West, FL

Greg Bergstrom

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What would you guys recommend for the premium cleaner/wax for the gel coat?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I LOVE Klasse, but any quality wax will do. I think "cleaner" waxes are so much easier to apply and buff, don't need any tools like orbital polisher or anything if you don't have it.
The Klasse (all-in-one) is the easiest to apply of all I tried. It also does not leave white smudges on the trim and plastic, even glass. The thing is so easy to work with. I've used Meguires Flagship which is fine. But I have a big container of it which I may never finish since I started using Klasse. Really hard to go back...

--

Greg Bergstrom

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the advise everyone! Glad to be a part of the Jet Boat Club! Taking the boat out today for the first time besides the sea trial.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would highly recommend a ceramic coating before putting in salt. Wax is fine but the ceramic will last so much longer and you can wax over it.

Enjoy your new boat!!! Looks sweet!

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I live on Sigsbee (NAS Key West housing) and from the ramp to Jewfish Basin it's less than 7 miles and takes me about 15 min. Gorgeous water. Smooth sand bars. Just have to remember there is some "skinny water" down here. Still haven't gone all the way to Snipes or Marvin after finding the Basin

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Greg Bergstrom

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What’s up man, I’m at the Campground on Sigsbee. We go to Snipe...Mud Key...Jewfish...Boca Grande all the time...just gotta have good track lines in that back country. Boca Grande is pretty easy to go out to, it’s just far. We have three of us here that have Jet Boats...4 now including you. Still loving mine.

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This place is great for jet boats! I see 4 of us in storage at Sigsbee against the fence now.
I like our little Marina and ramp and how easy it is to get out there. I have the NOAA charts and Google satellite view that I have used to find spots and routes. Been marking "bubba sticks" when I come across them since the locals know best! When you go to Snipe and Marvin do you shoot straight across past Jewfish Basin or go out to the Gulf? Am thinking to go check those out next since I've done the Basin the last 3 weekends

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just got approved for a brand new 2018 AR240, space blue. I’ve been lurking around this forum for years hoping I would become one of the club someday. Well it’s here!! Picking her up on Saturday morning! Super excited! No more being jealous of all you folks. I’ve definitely learned a lot about these boats through this forum and can’t wait to possibly meet some of you all. That Bimini fling looks awesome!
I live here in Cudjoe and will be doing the Bimini trip for the third time this July. you can call me for any information you may need. I'm bringing a 242 limited S and have other friends coming-954-598-3812