• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie in PA

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im ordering the cobra ak system with fangs today...I can't wait for the marina to open on April 15th....my intuition tells me that boat will be a breeze once I'm used to it...and ultimately allow me to do more than my old i/o...

If you are ever out on the Delaware let me know

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@LeeFlan7 You're going to love them. Maneuverability is often the first thing boating people ask me about. My family came out twice last summer and both times commented on the ability to control the boat.

I'm really stoked for you. I can't wait to get back onto the water. Unfortunately, I have a few things to work on before getting back out. Winter came a little fast and I never completed a few projects.

Once I convince the wife, I still plan on hauling the boat back east and hit the old stomping grounds.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@LeeFlan7 , I am from chester county and have put in at the neshaminy river by you. Discovered what low tide can do and couldn't retrieve my boat from the state ramp. I also frequent Blue Marsh near Reading pa which is a favorite spot. I also go to the Chesapeake bay and drop in a trance the Charlestown md area.

Welcome aboard

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome @4x15mph, how is the Chesapeake in a jet boat? I'm thinking i might want to try a weekend down there this year

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@LeeFlan7,
The upper chesapeake, from the Sassafrass north, its generally fairly smooth, since it's mostly "rivers". Out in the bay proper it can get pretty rough when the wind blows. As long as the marine forecast is calling for seas of two feet or less you should be fine.

Sea weed is usually not a problem, but it can start to get worse towards the end of the summer. Other debris like drift wood and logs tends to be worse in the early spring and after big storms especially up towards the Susquehanna around Havre de Grace.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@LeeFlan7 , like @arew~SX230 described. Seaweed can be something to work around and I watch for days where it is 1 foot or less. There is a place called sand island around havre du grace and it is a great place to anchor and hang out with a lot of other boaters. The bay can get choppy but I like waves. I have seen a rough day beat up a 242 like it beat up my boat. I think 2 feet is where you would draw the line.

Last edited:

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you guys trailer to the bay or ride through the canal?

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep my boat in a high and dry on the Elk River, but going down the Delaware and thru the canal should be a nice ride, probably about 35 miles from Chester, so about 1.5 hours. You could probably tow to a ramp on the Elk in about 45 min, or the Northeast river in about an hour depending on where you are starting from.

Distances from the delaware river entrance to the canal.

Havre De Grace 33nm
Baltimore 62nm
Annapolis 65nm
St Michaels 85nm

Last edited:

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tow down from Ridley Township (just south of Phila.) and put in at Anchor Marine in North East, MD. Takes about 45 mins and cost me $10 to use their ramp. We love the upper Chesapeake and definitely check out Sand Island. Great bunch of people meet up and hang out.....

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just drove by the Ridley Township Marina today while coming back from the airport. Looks nice. I might have to check it out.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I drop in here:
Water and Market Streets, Charlestown MD 21914

It's public and free although you pay to park your trailer ($5?) and then there is a restaurant there that you might want to visit after you retrieve. Fresh crabs, etc. add another $hundred

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well..in a turn of events, the place where i bought the boat and it is currently being stored was on fire today, they put on social media that no customer boats were affected but I might need to take a drive to be sure!

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well..in a turn of events, the place where i bought the boat and it is currently being stored was on fire today, they put on social media that no customer boats were affected but I might need to take a drive to be sure!
It looks like the warehouse that they keep their used boats in was the one on fire. Not sure if they use that warehouse for indoor storage during the winter. Their main showroom and outdoor storage should not be affected. Hope your boat is OK!

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah...Im looking at it like no news is great news, still though, Im off on Wednesday so think I will take a drive up there just to be sure

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally picked up the new boat!!! Now to get it wet!

Last edited: