• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Middleman sale

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetPowered & @Murf'n'surf . I also sold my Cobra originals for $100 + shipping. They served me well but the Ultimates are so much better. I just wish I waited for this group buy as it is a lot cheaper than the group buy at YJB.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That's why it isn't a group buy, it's a no middle man sale, you get the price the middle man would have paid.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's the No Hand Washing Sale!

Order placed and paid. Can't wait to install and try them out.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guess I should get off my butt and take advantage. Had Cobra's on my 07 SX230 and thought they were awesome, now with my 13 AR240 I don't feel I need them. But, I can't help but wonder what it would be like with them…

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Guess I should get off my butt and take advantage. Had Cobra's on my 07 SX230 and thought they were awesome, now with my 13 AR240 I don't feel I need them. But, I can't help but wonder what it would be like with them…
That is actually a very important point regarding the Ultimate steering system.
A decade ago people from the other web page would contact me and what they were concerned about in the steering area was the age old issue of the jet boats not steering at slow speed.
I focused on fixing the slow speed issues and everyone was thrilled. Same with the p w c steering I focused on slow speed steering control. That was all fine but it is now old school, the P W C's have undergone huge changes and so have the jet boats.
After experimenting with P W C handling I learned that having a ski that will do what you want when you want it is a total blast, not to mention a lot more versatile by drastically reducing the learning curve and enhancing the responsiveness and control at all speeds.
Improving the versatility so even a ski can tow a 3 person tube like a super Mable and snap it around or pull a slalom skier, wake board or knee board.
Take that up a notch and make a jet boat handle at speed like it's on a rail, with feedback in the steering and instant response with sure footedness like a sports car on a dry road, that's a whole lot of WOW factor going on with the ability to decide exactly how much of that WOW factor you want.
Predictable and effective low speed control is a given. Carving out of a big wake in heavy traffic areas that's easy.
It's the high speed control that is totally amazing .
You get all that with the steering units only going 5 inches below the nozzles even if they are in the fully deployed mode. It makes it a totally new experience.
And you get to decide exactly what that experience is.
From MILD to WILD it's your call!!!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ordered! Thanks Jeff!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You are entirely welcome, once you try them let us know how you like them compared to the old style cobra fins you had on the boat.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just read this and I can't believe that people are being told that having the fins stay down at speed would compromise a steering cable , Folks it's pretty outrageous. For anyone to say that.
" @@BravoMike we have not attempted to lock the fins in the down position because Yamaha techs told us that they were snapping steering cables when they bolted on rudders that stay down at speed. The stock system would have to be really beefed up in my opinion to prevent this from happening."
I certainly want you to know that our steering is the best available, the most effective, and the most practical.
We hold 3 patents and we have been making steering for over a decade. I sure hope the people who run my steering will jump in on this and set the record straight.
I would appreciate it .

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the previous generation (not the small, but not as big as the ultimates) and run with them down. No steering cable issues over the three seasons that I've run them.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks, I think it is high time to dispel the misinformation.
People can't make an informed decision if they don't know the truth , so lets put it out in the sunlight and see what we have .
If there was an issue believe me we would be hearing about it .
So far we have learned that the edges are NOT sharp, the steering cables are not breaking.
Any other misinformation we need to address ?

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just throwing out my .02. I've had these for 1 1/2 seasons now (the newest set.) I have had them set down at all times since I've installed them and there is 100% no problem and I assure you, I run at WOT more than most! Almost every time out whether it be with the kids or friends they all want to spin the boat so when safe on the water and everyone sits on driver side I hit 50mph and CRANK LEFT AS HARD AND FAST AS I CAN. "Never" an issue. I assure you/anyone I paid 100% full price last season for these and I stand 100% behind them. I'm very picky, if these were not perfect/best option I would absolutely pick them apart or say what I don't like etc.

Purchase these with 100% confidence. I'm not Jeff so I will say what I think is the best reason to buy these over the others. 1, they are not plastic. 2, they ARE ADJUSTABLE TO YOUR LIKING!

That being said I do like Will, he is a nice person, I have bought his other products I believe, but for fins, I prefer these ones for strength and adjustability

Reactions: Gym

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Techs will say anything to get out of having to make a warranty claim. They'd rather you pay cash to them now.

I look forward to trying them out soon!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you , people it's not about price it's about what you get for your money. These are worth the 384.25 they originally were sold for when they first came out.
Since then I have discounted them on occasion and list them now for 364.25.
I know my product so well that it may surprise you to hear this but if someone matched these up against any other steering including the new Yamaha rudder, I have no doubt they will outperform them. At high speed , low speed and in between.
It's a lot of options all built in to one system.
Please understand if I thought plastic was the better way to go I would do it, I DON"T, if I thought it was better to only make fins that work at slow speed and nothing else, I would do it, I don't. There is no reason not to if I thought it was the way to go, I don't.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I hope people understand that the system I offer is made to allow you to decide the exact effect that works for you. It's patented and this is why no one else can make it plain and simple.
The other system is NOT patented therefore if I or anyone else wants to build it have at it.
I don't bother with it because my system offers so much more and it's protected .
The TRUTH BE TOLD no smoke and mirrors.
Ironically it is the rudder on the new 2015 Yamaha being attached to only one nozzle via a tie rod and placing all that extra force on it in an unevenly distributed manor that has me concerned.
Certainly placing more force in play there than any of my fins could ever produce.
Enough extra resistance that they changed the helm to a rack and pinion and increased the travel on the wheel to double what it was prior to the rudder being added.
Now keep in mind that this would make turning the steering wheel feel very smooth and comfortable, however it does nothing to eliminate the extra forces being exerted on the steering cable and helm, It just hides it.
So if Yamaha feels that the steering cable and other components can handle all that extra force from their rudder I see no validity to any part of the first or edited comments about fins staying down , it's the patents that's the force in play here. Nothing else. Not to mention these have been out for quite some time so if you need any information just ask the people who have them.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just read this and I can't believe that people are being told that having the fins stay down at speed would compromise a steering cable , Folks it's pretty outrageous. For anyone to say that.
" @@BravoMike we have not attempted to lock the fins in the down position because Yamaha techs told us that they were snapping steering cables when they bolted on rudders that stay down at speed. The stock system would have to be really beefed up in my opinion to prevent this from happening."
I certainly want you to know that our steering is the best available, the most effective, and the most practical.
We hold 3 patents and we have been making steering for over a decade. I sure hope the people who run my steering will jump in on this and set the record straight.
I would appreciate it .
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC Thanks for clearing this issue up for me. Next time tag me so I see it (looks like maybe you tried). Glad I happened to find this thread. Been going back and forth on the two systems and keep coming back to the Cobra's because of the ability to use in full time mode. I kind of figured if the steering cables or any other component was an issue it would have surfaced by now. I will be sending you an email to upgrade to the Ultimate's. Too good of a deal to pass up! Thanks Jeff!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you I will handle this as soon as I have my coffee, I was out on the water all day yesterday so I slept in today.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just to set the record straight I see that Will is still attempting to get a patent since NOV 2010, I applaud someone who keeps trying and I withdraw my comment about making the parts yourself .
He still has no patent but he is trying.
The confusion came from the patent office ruling his patent app abandoned back on Feb 20 2013.
I always tried to keep people informed about the status of my patent applications so as to avoid any confusion but everyone does things differently.
As for Bravo mike, your invoice was sent , thank you.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just a reminder, all my steering has a 30 day guarantee. If you try them on your boat and you are not happy with the results you return them and get a refund less the return shipping.
I realize this is the wrong time of year for some boaters to try them out , But for those in the south etc. it should be no problem.
Keep in mind at this price you could probably resell them for a profit in the spring if you were not totally satisfied.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For the benefit of the new people who are not familiar with the unique patented design of our ULTIMATE system.
The fins are constructed of 6061- t6 aluminum making them very effective without being huge in fact the fins only extend about 5 inches below the bottom of the nozzle in their fully deployed setting.
Additionally there are 5 different lesser settings per fin to choose from.
Thus allowing for precise adjustments for you to choose the correct level of effect.
They also offer the ability to provide only slow speed assistance or all time assistance at varying levels.
Their unique selectable design allows you to try different ways of deploying the fins for different results.
They can be set to rise up at speed and give only slow speed assistance at no wake velocities, or they can be staggered on the twin engine sets to allow for a longer duration of just slow speed assistance
to provide a more predictable and earlier onset of that off plane assistance.
Further they can be set to provide assistance at a number of different levels.
With the fins fully deployed you can experience the effect of all time steering enhancement similar to the new 24 foot boats with the rudders .
With the Ultimate set you decide what setting is correct for you, this spring loaded system is also plug and play. You can even get steering assistance in heavy boat wake areas or surf and while decelerating, something most jet boat operators will tell you is a big issue.
These are the Ultimate steering experience for your Yamaha jet boat.
I would suggest if you have a question just ask a member of this web page who is using this set on their boat or feel free to email me personally.
This particular system has been out now for approximately 2 years so there are plenty of people who use them.