• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Middleman sale

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok I guess when you post on the old post in vendors section it shows up here, cool!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jeff, have you had a chance to drive the 2015 242 LS yet? Just asking, as I believe your in Pinellas county, and so is my 2015 242 LS. I would be curious as to your thoughts on the new 'articulating keel'...

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I didn't already have the cobra 16x model, I would definitely be on this. Quality product.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Remember the ultimates are a lot bigger than the regular cobra steering and a lot bigger than the 16x fins, plus they are adjustable, spring loaded and selectable.
We chose to use aircraft aluminum for this set because we provide high speed steering as well as slow speed and mid range .
Our choice of materials allow us to make the parts with no worries of the screws pulling through the fins or requiring us to place extra cross members or other obstructions between the fins, This keeps the wake clean and since this system is capable of providing excellent control for water sports , we believe not having water spraying up all over the wake from obstructions between the fins is important.
As is the placement of the fins that allows for a larger more effective radius of the fins to direct the water and control the boat.
This sale is not a group buy so you do not need to be concerned about how many people buy them to get a particular price break.
The price is what you see in the add, the only concern is when the sale stops, that will occur once I sell a predetermined amount of my existing inventory, remember this sale is open to everyone including dealers, they usually have to purchase a large quantity to get this price. So if you want the most effective and versatile patented steering for your Yamaha jet boat at a sale price never offered before and ezlocks also available in a combo package you may want to take advantage of this while you can.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A customer comment that came in this morning.

"
Jeff,
I put the steering assist on this weekend on my 2009 Yamaha 232 Limited S. What a huge difference! No wake speed in the canal is no longer zig-zagging side to side. I barely touch the steering wheel now and the boat goes straight at idle speed.
I took it out on the Bay with a slight chop and planed out to about forty mph. I barely had to hold the wheel for it to go straight. I took my hands off the wheel and shifted the throttles to idle. The boat came down to idle and didn’t pull to the side at all. Before that, the boat wanted to shift left when bringing the throttles down.
I Absolutely recommend these to anyone with a jet boat!
Sincerely,
Bob Woolbright "

He lives in Apollo beach FL.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So anyone with the new venom Ultimate fins, do you find the edges sharp? Ever cut yourself by kicking them? Still debating between these and the tv-xl, and that is my only concern right now is how sharp the aluminum is. Thanks

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think in going to pull the trigger on this! I have the original fins and think it's time to upgrade.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC to you take PayPal?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes I do .
I really hope some people will answer the other question about the edges since I pay a lot of money to have all my parts tumbled for several hours just to remove any edges . So I can put that baby to bed once and for all.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All I can say is that I've screwed around behind my boat in the water for hours and never even touch the nozzles or fins. Not sure why anyone would think its a danger to have them weather you have plastic or aluminum fins.

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As a father of a 4 year old girl (currently 4), 11 year old daughter and 18 year old son, NO ONE has ever cut themselves or had ANY issue.

I paid WAY MORE than the current sale price and I am still 100% happy with the result these have given me, and my family, over the last year.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Like @HidnNOS I very recently upgraded from the origional Cobra fins to the new Ultimates. The edges are very smooh to the touch and are not a hazzard.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok thanks for setting the record straight on that myth.

Remember the Ultimate steering is made strong for a reason.
We not only provide slow speed steering with the fins rising up at speed , we provide a variety of options for enhanced steering .
At the other end of that spectrum Ultimate steering can be set to stay down all the time and the fins can be set to be fully engaged at planning speeds where they are actually held down by the pump thrust passing over the top of the actuator, a spring is also there as a backup and for reverse steering .
Unlike other steering YOU decide what works for you and you can choose from slow speed only to full time high performance steering or any setting in between.
So you think Yamaha's new rudder is a good idea and you want to have enhanced steering all the time.
Maybe you like water sports and you want to plant the back of the boat while pulling people on boards , skies etc or you boat in big waves and want the boat to be predictable and respond instantly at all speeds , perhaps you boat in areas where the traffic and the wakes of other boats is a concern where you want to be able to carve right out of a wake or wave predictably.
Maybe you just like having more control of the boat so you can relax while at the helm and enjoy the ride.

This is the lowest sale price ever and quite frankly it isn't about the price it's about the results.
It's about the options and the piece of mind .
Here is the sale price breakdown, a twin set of Ultimates regularly sell for $.
During this sale the price is $ and dollars domestic shipping . You can also ad the ezlocks at a reduced price for twin sets at $ with no extra shipping for even more savings.
Single sets of the Ultimate steering are sale priced at $ and $ for domestic shipping add a ezlock for $ no extra shipping.
There is a maximum order of 5 twin sets and the sale is subject to end when I hit a predetermined number of units. This is the LOWEST SALE PRICE I have ever offered the Ultimate steering for.
I know this steering is worth every penny of the regular price, so take advantage of this sale while it lasts.
Remember no middle man and no group buy, this is a sale price offered to everyone.
Also you must email me to get this sale price jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

Last edited:

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Jeff, I have to sheepishly ask, can you still stack a discount on if you trade in an old set of original fins?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Can you say HELL NO! HAAAA, however I recently sold a stainless one not a set just one side, from bygone days all nice and polished up for more than 100 dollars with the screws, so you can definitely sell them, thousands and thousands of Yamaha jet boat owners still use them.

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd agree. When I upgraded to the new Ultimate set I sold my original set for $100.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My old fins will be in the classified section soon!

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These were a huge upgrade, you will love them! I didn't tell my wife when I installed them. I backed her into the water and went to park the truck. When she nosed up to the dock to pick me up she smiled, asked me what I did to the boat and how much did it cost!?!? She was very happy with the new fins vs original ones as she always drives the boat off the trailer and puts it on the trailer every outing!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! You got a keeper there. Maybe I need to upgrade the wife also?