• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Middleman sale

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Fins installed this past weekend. Hopefull I get some water time before Christmas to try them out.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Cool, I hope to get some water time in today, the weather is so unpredictable lately it's hard to plan ahead of time. I hear it has been this way in a lot of areas.
I hate not getting at least 3 days a week. This time of year it's either the water temp, the air temp or the wind.
Today looks like a good one for all three.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Temp has been ok of late but the wind had been 25 mph. Turns my lake into nothing but whitecaps. Oh well soon enough.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@JetPowered , remind me...is that @jawsf16 's dads boat that you bought? If it is, you have a good anchor to go with those good fins! Sorry, being old means you forget stuff too fast! Kind of a hijack...sorry Jeff!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No problem Mel, I was out all day and only needed a long sleeve shirt, Not a bad day at all, plus no boat traffic and gas is down below 2.50 a gal so life is good.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I hear ya! I need to go run the boat to test those new fins anyway...just waiting for a day in the 70's without any wind or rain, with sun! Your likely to get many more chances on the coast down there, but we typically have a few days through the winter that allow us to escape winter doldrums!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
water was mid 60's air high 70's wind n/e at 10-15

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Mel, yep, the same boat. We have used your box anchor several times, including the last time we ended up on the lake with 25 mph wind. Found a nice cove and swam all afternoon instead.

It was that same windy day that convenced me that I needed a bigger set of fins.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
With any anchor, if the wind is causing it to drag...just increase the scope, and works like a charm with a box anchor. If a common fluke anchor lets go, it won't reset easily without plowing it in. A box anchor is different, it is constantly attempting to set, because you don't plow it in, it is just a slight dig as you drift. The more your drifting, the harder it is for it to set because the rope (rode) is lifting the control arm. Just pay out a little more rode and the additional rode weighs down the control arm and the anchor stops lifting and starts to bite better. I suspect I could get that anchor to hold in 40mph winds with pounding waves. It literally is all about the scope. If where your have set the anchor is getting you too close to where you don't want to be as you pay out more scope, then you may have to move the anchor to allow for additional scope. But you can pretty much stay where you want. And if the "swing" on the end of the rode is getting you too close, a drift anchor will slow that down and eliminate the excess drift at the end of each swing, or at least minimize the frequency and distance. Much like the fins will not only hold the boat with less input from the helm, they increase the control so that you get more immediate response from helm input...either way you cut it, its all about control! You have a beautiful boat!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was told that someone was having trouble finding videos On my products.
They are under my name on you tube jeffwalkowiak " one word " They are not under cobra jet steering because someone posted a fishing video under cobra jet steering in an apparent attempt to get me to buy the name back I guess. IN any event there are several videos on that section, here are links to a few of those.
I assume once you hit one you can see the others that are also available .

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just a reminder that you can take advantage of the Cobra Venom Ultimate steering and the Cobra EZ locks,
These are not SECONDS OR REJECTS but the Newest style compatible for the 2015 nozzles and pre fitted for my newest planned upgrade, SOON to be Announced!
Just go to www.pwcweekly.com and click on the sale listed in the jet boat section.
http://www.pwcweekly.com/showthread.php?56147-COBRA-EZ-LOCKS-special-SALE-and-more
Cobra jet steering The most effective and versatile " Patented" steering enhancement available for your Yamaha jet boat. So if you want High speed , low speed , mid range enhancement at the level that You decide. And have the ability to change the effect if your needs change There is only one choice, COBRA VENOM ULTIMATE, And during this sale you can purchase the ULTIMATES at a discount and get the locks FREE!
We have OVER a DECADE of experience improving the handling of jet boats and P W C's