• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure How this will Go......<Pool or boat?>

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can just hear it now......."Hey Honey, that looks great! Can you move that over to the left 2 feet"

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nicely done.

I have to admit that when we had the intek pool, all I had to do was set it up. Previous owners had removed a pool so the ground was prepped.

Adding the larger metal above ground pool took some digging and prep, but pool installers did all that.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Ok, I think today will be the day that I get the boat keys back from the Admiral and I can get on the water this weekend. :) Pavers Down, Sand down, Everything spot on level, XPS Foam board going down and pool will be set up this afternoon with water going in.

View attachment 151503
So happy for you after all your hard work. I look forward to reports on your trolling motor. That was an amazing install. Also, I want to thank you for the inspiration to perform mods on my boat. I may actually drill a hole or 2 this weekend. Look for my GoFundMe page.🤑

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So happy for you after all your hard work. I look forward to reports on your trolling motor. That was an amazing install. Also, I want to thank you for the inspiration to perform mods on my boat. I may actually drill a hole or 2 this weekend. Look for my GoFundMe page.🤑
My wife always says how scared and nervous she gets when I say "I'm going to the barn to drill another hole in the boat". haha

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
My wife always says how scared and nervous she gets when I say "I'm going to the barn to drill another hole in the boat". haha
Ok, I think today will be the day that I get the boat keys back from the Admiral and I can get on the water this weekend. :) Pavers Down, Sand down, Everything spot on level, XPS Foam board going down and pool will be set up this afternoon with water going in.

View attachment 151503
Hopefully this weekend you're getting wet somewhere. I don't see pics of the pool yet, so that probably means you're on the lake somewhere. Enjoy.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Raining and 45 degrees, will stand the pool up tomorrow and start filling.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will be hose. Water trucks around here want $1,400

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow. Use 2 hoses. I have 6500 gallons of water coming on June 10 to top off the pool, but I am slowly workin on filling it with the hose. Tryin to save money, but 6500 gallons is only $250 here. I am on a well, so 2 hoses works twice as fast and doesnt burn up the pump or pressure tank.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Raining and 45 degrees, will stand the pool up tomorrow and start filling.
Admire your work!

We are in the low 50s this weekend over here as well, and I couldn't get to my boat in weeks because of work - I feel your pain!

But - it will happen and it will be so worth it, you will be sipping your Margaritas in style, in no time!

I can't take any credit but this year we went from this - in the spring:

1622257573880.png

To this - right now:

1622257611963.png

--

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210529_190544.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, on box it said ready to filk on 45-60 minutes. I have been at it for over a week.

Now i need to figure out what to do to the water i never had a pool before, for initial treatment

20210530_211606.jpg

My boat misses me

20210530_212932.jpg

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any pool store will have a "pool opening kit". Probably $50 or so. Dump in a few chemicals from the kit and you are good to go.

Maintenance is easy. A gallon of good shock from the pool store (not walmart or menards crap, and definitely not household bleach) and a floater with some chlorine tabs in it and you should be worry free. We have used this process for years without issue. Only difference is that we have a skimmer where we place the tablets.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many pool stores now will test your water for free, using a nice electronic gizmo that is far faster and more accurate than what you can do with the little test kit. I highly recommend that. Bring about a pint or so of water with you (even when you start) to the pool store and see if they will test it for you. That will let them also tell you what you need to do to get the pH and everything right. Then bring them one of those once a week and you will be able to tune up your chemicals to have exactly the right stuff and keep that water pretty.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
So what happens in the winter? Ice skating rink?

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We went swim spa this weekend. Now the wait begins, 6-7 month to delivery ... get to keep the boat which I enjoy. Looking forward to our backyard project

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Start with chlorine and chlorine stabilizer. Also get a strip to measure chlorine and stabilizer level. that’s all I use for my 16K gallon pool and it’s sparkling clean. 2.5 gallon of chlorine and about 2 cup stabilizer a week does it for The size of pool I have.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of great info. Helps since I am a pool newb!

Almost ready for rough Electrical Inspection, one more day to get the line from the basement, through garage, to conduit. Today I trenched all the way from Garage to Pool and put in a 16 foot 4 x 4, for lights, receptacle and camera's. Dropped the schedule 80 Conduit in the hole, will be fishing wire next day or so. Pool is about half full, going to run it through the night tonight to help getting it there.

Trench is 120' long. Though about doing it by hand. Started at 8:30 am this morning, was at Home Depot by 9:00 am hooking up the trailer with the 24" Hydraulic Trencher on it for $140 for 4 hours. Did it all in about 3.5 hours. Found what looks like part of a buried car and some nasty concrete. Took back the trencher and spend 6 more hours cutting metal and digging out rocks and concrete, busting them up with sledge hammers. Slow going. First time I have ever buried a conduit. Kinda cool. Really sucks.

Going boating this coming weekend I can feel it. Will be high 80's here :)

In retrospect, while I was laying face down over the trench and using a small gardening shovel to scoop out dirt and broken up concrete, etc. I pondered my life choices as of recent. Specifically, when the Admiral gave me the OK for trim Tabs, a Chart Plotter and bought me the Trolling Motor...... Perhaps I didn't need all of this and I could of nixed the pool...... :confused:

20210531_193956.jpg
20210531_194030.jpg
20210531_194042.jpg

Last edited: