• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure How this will Go......<Pool or boat?>

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Out of curiosity, how does one pick up and take a pool home?
You lift with your legs. Don't try dragging it, you may find it doesn't hold water as well when you get it to the final destination.

Stoltzy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I just made this decision and went with a boat. Can sell the boat, upgrade the boat, take the boat with us. Can't do that with a pool. We also live 12 minutes from the launch (Raystown Lake in PA) so it's super easy for us to hook up the boat and go. Plus our neighbors have a pool, so we get invited there a lot.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yup my dads small kidney shapped pool is being resurfaced in FL this month and he said its 17k. I was shocked. He said that pool cost him 50k to build around 20 years ago. Today would cost 80k for same pool
I think costs were fairly static for many years, and then COVID hits and everybody wants a pool and labor is dramatically more expensive (along with everything else). Based on what I've heard, the one I installed in 2018 would be at least 50-60% more expensive post-COVID. That's about the price of a 255XD.

On another note, I always hear people who consider maintenance of a pool is significant. It isn't. I've maintained my pool on my own since it was installed and as long as you keep up with it, it's probably 1-1.5 hours per week at the very most. I close and open it myself as well and that takes a few hours but it's done twice per year. That said, most people do it wrong and wind up with a mess and getting "pool-stored" throwing in a bunch of $$$ crap that's completely unnecessary.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pool sold two days ago, Guy came and picked it up. Probably putting up a teather ball or volley ball net back there.