• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure How this will Go......<Pool or boat?>

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best part of today is I am loading up the boat now to take everyone out on the water and go tubing. It is hotter than hell here today.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was going to recommend that same ladder, good choice!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Best part of today is I am loading up the boat now to take everyone out on the water and go tubing. It is hotter than hell here today.
You do realize that the next request is a deck all the way around it! LOL

Not sure how deep your pool is, but we had a blast when our neighbors had one, and we stretched a volleyball net across it.....we played more pool volleyball with them than I've ever played!!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
52 inches. Yes deck and privacy fencing have been mentioned morw than once. I just ignore it for now

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
52 inches. Yes deck and privacy fencing have been mentioned morw than once. I just ignore it for now
Deck and Fence - Sounds more expensive than an inground pool and a boat combined.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Vinyl.... cant get materials for two months

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Vinyl.... cant get materials for two months
My window guy literally just called me - vinyl windows won't be available until next February!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You sir have never priced an inground pool. The fence was one of the cheapest parts. 😅
That was a joke about the price of wood right now lol.

I spent 20k just getting a basic redo of my pool two years ago.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not much really.... spray the “cracks” with roundup in the spring and that’s about it. In 8 years, I’ve added sand once. Other than that, nothing. Sometimes I wish it was a flat surface like stamped concrete or something.... but the pavers as is are not slippery at all. I have plenty of kids running around all the time and not worrying about someone slipping and cracking their head open is a nice thing.
I've got lots of green grime buildup. Worry that if I power wash I will wash put the joint sand/compound. Am I overthinking?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've got lots of green grime buildup. Worry that if I power wash I will wash put the joint sand/compound. Am I overthinking?
Yeah, you'll definitely was out sand if you power wash. I did it 1 time since I wanted to replace the sand. I had gunk and moss growing in between some pavers and wanted rid of it. So I power washed everything and purposely blew out the old sand a gunk. Let it dry and then spread new sand a day or two later.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
... Like everything it took me 3 times longer than I thought and probably would have not tackled it but now that it is in I am very happy with it.
LOL, "3 times longer" sounds like almost any home renovation project that I have done.

I have been very happy with all the renovations that I did with our last home, but some of those projects I will NEVER do again!

Jim

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reality check:

My neighbor across the street from me just put a pool in.

In this Joe Biden inflation economy it cost him 72,000 plus. Now add in the huge leap in his homeowners insurance and liability umbrella,....oooh almost forgot. The chems are waay more than you would think. Oh yeah I forgot the 16,000 $ for the insurance required/approved fencing he has to put in.

Annnd NO it doesnt improve the value of your property. My buds wife is a realtor broker she has said that for every 12 people that look at a home only 2-3 will even consider a pool equipped residence.

Alternative:

If where you are has a significant body of water with an actual marina, get your own slip, keep her there ready to go. Use the crap out of her, get your moneys worth, all with less stress and tedium. No trailering no ramps, its the life once you do it you will never go back.

Last edited:

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Reality check:

My neighbor across the street from me just put a pool in.

In this Joe Biden inflation economy it cost him 72,000 plus. Now add in the huge leap in his homeowners insurance and liability umbrella,....oooh almost forgot. The chems are waay more than you would think. Oh yeah I forgot the 16,000 $ for the insurance required/approved fencing he has to put in.

Annnd NO it doesnt improve the value of your property. My buds wife is a realtor broker she has said that for every 12 people that look at a home only 2-3 will even consider a pool equipped residence.

Alternative:

If where you are has a significant body of water with an actual marina, get your own slip, keep her there ready to go. Use the crap out of her, get your moneys worth, all with less stress and tedium. No trailering no ramps, its the life once you do it you will never go back.
All depends what type of pool you put in and where you are located. I don't spend much on chemicals per year... maybe $300-400. I have an ozone/ionizer system and other than pH, I add a bag of shock once every 7-10 days. That's it. The pool runs year round. My umbrella is around $500 and my fence was included in the price from my contractor. Putting in a pool today would cost more for sure.... just like adding a deck or just about any home improvement. Material costs are insane right now.

In my area (Raleigh/Durham), housing is booming right now. Houses last a day or two on the market and are selling way above list. Have a realtor friend that told me 8 years ago we'd never get our money back putting in a pool. A couple months ago, she stopped at my house while I was working on the boat and asked if I'd sell my house. Tons of people moving here and they want basements and pools.... I have both and I'm not selling:winkingthumbsup"

If someone wants a pool, they can only look at homes with a pool. Similarly, if someone doesn't want a pool, they look elsewhere. The market is there for both. The nice thing about the pool is I walk out of my basement and there it is. I don't have to take it anywhere, don't have to change the oil, don't have to pack coolers with food and drinks to use it, etc..... There are definite pros and cons of a pool and boat....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I got the water bill for the pool. 17,000 gallons figured I was going to get hit. Was $301 in addition to my regular quarterly bill. Very, Very Happy!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I got the water bill for the pool. 17,000 gallons figured I was going to get hit. Was $301 in addition to my regular quarterly bill. Very, Very Happy!
wow. that is not bad at all.

This year we've used the pool way more than the boat. Lots of reasons for this, but I'm just happy I have both.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve only read up to page 9 in the thread so far but based on that I’ve decided to go with one of these for my new to me back yard.
B3592315-3401-4D75-AA8A-70FACC596B1E.png
It will go where the tent is now. I plan to have a nice deck and steps built in front of it and a narrow walk way built above and around it.

bonus in thatI plan to move the tent over the way runners which will be stored on the far side corner of the backyard.
4F22379F-3F61-4CA4-82EB-BB3AC335CDD6.png
Not sure yet if I will have to extend the concrete pad but would like to have it centered to the walkway. I also need to pipe electricity back there and now wondering if I need a permit to install the pool.

by the way when I was in high school my best friends family owned and operated a pool supply company that I worked for so I’ve helped install and maintain many pools and spas, mostly above ground dough boy pools. That said, I recall thinking these people pay way too much for a guy like me to come out every 2 to 4 weeks to maintain / clean their pools.” The cost could go no where but up since so I will be doing all my own maintenance

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love seeing people happy!