• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure How this will Go......<Pool or boat?>

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes digging down is what I did at both houses for the Intex pools. I also put sand under them as well. They will still shift some but blocks under the legs helps. Make sure the blocks don’t have sharp edges and are a bit larger than the “feet” as the legs will flex out as water is put in. Definitely plan in some space outside of the pool where you dig the circle larger than it so you have some room to work and aren’t trying to trim grass right up against the pool vinyl.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I am doing a lot of reading, it looks like the proper way is to dig down from the lowest point and level to virgin soil.
This will end up with best result. Plus faster and easier. A skidloader can do it in 30 minutes. I had about the same grade as you. If I remember I will send pics later to show how I did mine.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Love my inground pool... and my boat! Have Pentair equipment (pump and sand filter) with a Polaris cleaner. No additional pump for it since it’s a pressure side vacuum. Have a 3-way valve to divert water to it for like 90 minutes a day. Have ozone and copper, no chlorine. I do all the maintenance and everything... pretty easy to do.
View attachment 150338
How do you maintain those pavers?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How do you maintain those pavers?
Not much really.... spray the “cracks” with roundup in the spring and that’s about it. In 8 years, I’ve added sand once. Other than that, nothing. Sometimes I wish it was a flat surface like stamped concrete or something.... but the pavers as is are not slippery at all. I have plenty of kids running around all the time and not worrying about someone slipping and cracking their head open is a nice thing.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If I did an Intex pool again I would also put railroad ties or something around the sand. I’ve seen a few pictures where that was done and it looks very clean. Much better than my crude holes I had.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I forgot to add that part; the wood might end up more expensive than the pool! Retaining wall stones would be nicer for sure. There are some great ideas on Troublefreepool.com

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@captainhook Thanks so much.

Apparently there are no loaders, or Sod Cutters available anywhere for the next 4 weeks. Not good. :confused: Looks like I am going to do it by hand. Admiral can't help, with her neck/back issues.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would split the difference and dig out half and fill in the other half if that makes sense. The best way would be to eliminate the ties and fill up 6 to 8 feet past your pool edge to create a flat spot before tappering off to the existing grade, that would most likely be 12-15' of fill and slope from the pool edge. Proper soil and compaction are paramount and should not be overlooked. If you are creating a wall then you should not have those ties closer than 10' unless you dig in vertical ties 3-5' into the ground. This is overkill to a point but engineered for the test of time.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Apparently there are no loaders, or Sod Cutters available anywhere for the next 4 weeks. Not good. :confused: Looks like I am going to do it by hand. Admiral can't help, with her neck/back issues.
Go to Home Depot and hire some of my cousins!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it looks like I am going to take it out further into the yard, another 80' or so and then it is closer to level there. At least for this year.

This is starting to cut into my fishing and boating time, I should be on the water testing out the Trolling Motor.......

Anyhow, now I have to run power out from the house to the pump. It is 80' from the side of the garage, and 140' from the panel in the basement. Would love to just use a heavy duty extension cord, like 10 ga, to get through this summer till I make things a bit closer and more permanent, but not sure if that will work.

I would assume that the best is too bury the wire and the bring it up on a 4" x 4" vertical post with a Outdoor Weatherproof GFCI on it?? I would assume 12 ga. ? On a 20 amp circuit? I could split off directly from the garage circuit on that wall right now but that is only 14 ga. on a 15 amp circuit. (From the previous owner), the run would be 80' from there to the pump.

Not trying to go super permanent here, will redesign in the fall for next spring when the pool comes down and I get get proper equipment and materials.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well it looks like I am going to take it out further into the yard, another 80' or so and then it is closer to level there. At least for this year.

This is starting to cut into my fishing and boating time, I should be on the water testing out the Trolling Motor.......

Anyhow, now I have to run power out from the house to the pump. It is 80' from the side of the garage, and 140' from the panel in the basement. Would love to just use a heavy duty extension cord, like 10 ga, to get through this summer till I make things a bit closer and more permanent, but not sure if that will work.

I would assume that the best is too bury the wire and the bring it up on a 4" x 4" vertical post with a Outdoor Weatherproof GFCI on it?? I would assume 12 ga. ? On a 20 amp circuit? I could split off directly from the garage circuit on that wall right now but that is only 14 ga. on a 15 amp circuit. (From the previous owner), the run would be 80' from there to the pump.

Not trying to go super permanent here, will redesign in the fall for next spring when the pool comes down and I get get proper equipment and materials.

Need to figure out how many amp draw you'll have at the pool and then calculate the length of run to size the wire properly.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

You’re supposed to bury electrical cable at least 18” deep so there’s not really a way to do it right temporarily. That would probably require a permit too.
If you really think you’ll move it then I’d do the extension cord route if you can find one heavy enough for a run that long.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf and @AZMark

Yeah I think burying it is the way to go, and here it needs to be in conduit as well. With the specs below of what I figure the amp draw will be.

Pool pump draws 4 amps max it looks like. Figure I would probably run a light on a pole out there since it gets dark with no lighting and probably one or two of my outdoor camera's.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Wait the 4 weeks. 17 inches is a big hole to dig over a large area. You do that and you will have the neck and back issues, and probably take more than 4 weeks. Not to mention whoever does the bobcat can take the dirt. I still habe a huge pile of dirt. Pics to follow of dirt and how I did around mine.

Plus remember, this is a temporary pool thar will get taken down each year, leaving a huge circle in your yard.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf and @AZMark

Yeah I think burying it is the way to go, and here it needs to be in conduit as well. With the specs below of what I figure the amp draw will be.

Pool pump draws 4 amps max it looks like. Figure I would probably run a light on a pole out there since it gets dark with no lighting and probably one or two of my outdoor camera's.
That seems like very low draw for a pool pump. Is it 240v?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No 110 - 120v, also i got a call from elec inspector letting me know pool has to bonded now, changes to NEC a couple of years ago on on these rype of pools. Man this is becoming a PITA

16212857301262665857989593401588.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am unable to find a bobcat or a loader available anywhere, they are all spoken for. So I am going to have to dig it by hand.
Are you on Nextdoor? I'll bet you have a neighbor with a tractor with a blade or loader that would be willing to bring it over for a reasonable fee. I have a teen in my neighborhood who has 3!!!! Runs his own landscaping business....has a tractor fetish! LOL

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I didn’t even bother with all the permit bullshit. Ran an extension cord and took it down in the winter. Equipment for that pool draws so little an extension cord is fine. I even upgraded mine and was running the saltwater chlorine generator and it still drew little.