• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure How this will Go......<Pool or boat?>

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well today I learned how this was going to go.........

I told the admiral that I ordered the Trim Tabs yesterday, she said Ok cool!........ About an hour later she came up to my office and said "I just ordered the pool" an just put it on your amazon account. Will be here next month!. 18' x 52" round. That way they don't sell out and the kids can have something to do during the week or if they get tired of boating.

Amazon.com: Intex 18ft X 52in Ultra XTR Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover: Garden & Outdoor

I said, Boy that is more than I thought we were going to spend. She said, since we aren't upgrading the boat this year why don't you just add that Sonar fish finder thing to it so you can go out fishing.

I sat for a few minutes and went from happy to a bit amused.... I am the one who needs to pay for all it. So did I win or lose? Not sure. :oops:
You got played my friend. She played you like a “Boss”.
Be careful.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors I see that the filter it comes with is rated at 2100 gph. I bought a filter for my old pool that is rated at 3000 gph and I will give it to you if you pay shipping. Probably needs new sand, but it has been sitting for a few years since we got a bigger pool.. Just let me know. I have said it before that your filter males all the difference in maintenance. We never had a single issue after getting this filter.

Can confirm, same exact pump and filter I bought. Marked improvement.

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We did a pool before thinking we’d get a boat (again) and we barely used it. This was last years last minute purchase of a new 212s which we’ve since sold.
The pool was very pretty to look at but we were excited to get out on the boat every weekend and bring friends along all the tome - but the pool…. Not as much. Not sure why that’s just how it played out.
We just took delivery of our new 252sd and can’t wait!

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well today I learned how this was going to go.........

I told the admiral that I ordered the Trim Tabs yesterday, she said Ok cool!........ About an hour later she came up to my office and said "I just ordered the pool" an just put it on your amazon account. Will be here next month!. 18' x 52" round. That way they don't sell out and the kids can have something to do during the week or if they get tired of boating.

Amazon.com: Intex 18ft X 52in Ultra XTR Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover: Garden & Outdoor

I said, Boy that is more than I thought we were going to spend. She said, since we aren't upgrading the boat this year why don't you just add that Sonar fish finder thing to it so you can go out fishing.

I sat for a few minutes and went from happy to a bit amused.... I am the one who needs to pay for all it. So did I win or lose? Not sure. :oops:
lol, be careful there!
(call it a "boaters helping other boaters" PSA)
(seems like @octavio3311 already knows, lol)

First, there is a pool; then, the pool needs a deck; which, then, needs... a gazebo.

Where do I come up with this stuff, you may ask?

Well, apparently, it was all discussed... I guess, I was not careful. Or, maybe I just didn't pay enough attention.
Either way, here we are...

My situation this morning 😭

1615985468953.png

--

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
lol, be careful there!

First, there is a pool; then, the pool needs a deck; which, then, needs... a gazebo.

Well, apparently, it was all discussed... I guess, I was not careful. Or, maybe I just didn't pay enough attention.

--
Yea, plans to add a pergola to mine in a few weeks!
Dang nice set-up you have there!! 😍

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski It has already started.... Can we have a sidewalk go from the drive back to the pool so kids don't step on anything in the grass? What about some lights and just a small picnic table or Maybe a deck or something, doesn't matter whatever you decide, something simple........ Did we get a big enough one, are you sure? Then next size up is only like $500 more, about what those Tabs cost so it shouldn't be a big deal. She has already told the kids and now they are planning one of their Birthday parties for July. At least maybe Cedar Point won't siphon money off me this year.

I walked right into neck deep without even seeing it coming. :) Stupid boat and weather warming had me distracted and off my game :oops:

Not sure I have any decisions anymore regarding this....

The charge hasn't even posted to my Amazon account yet and there is talk about modifications and expansion already.

Last edited:

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@swatski It has already started.... Can we have a sidewalk go from the drive back to the pool so kids don't step on anything in the grass? What about some lights and just a small picnic table or Maybe a deck or something, doesn't matter whatever you decide, something simple........ Did we get a big enough one, are you sure? She has already told the kids and now they are planning one of their Birthday parties for July. At least maybe Cedar Point won't siphon money of me this year.

I walked right into neck deep without even seeing it coming. :) Stupid boat and weather warming had me distracted and off my game :oops:

Not sure I have any decisions anymore regarding this....

The charge hasn't even posted to my Amazon account yet and there is talk about modifications and expansion already.
Oh boy! Good luck! haha

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol, be careful there!

View attachment 144522

--
And.........you're going to need a hot tub!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have a pool and use the boat WAY more. Nice to take a dip on a hot day and especially after mowing the grass but we would rather be out on the boat no question. Pool is good for birthday parties and events though. It does get a lot of good use then.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We moved to a house with a pool instead of building a new one! Truth is. Sometimes we won't have time to go to the lake (the almost 2 year old in tow restricts our times). The pool is always there for us. Already used it a lot this spring. Oh yeah. And the hot tub!!!

SamAR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 Built a new house on a private lake, move in and 8 weeks later our pool was done. Covid hits and 2 weeks later my boat was in my garage. We use the hell out of both of them as we’re in Florida.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update. Well, this is not going well. The pool was supposed to be here this morning from Amazon. No Pool, no discussion, no Email, just some less than intelligent person on Amazon Chat lieing her ass off. No pool, no Idea, just that she can cancel the order and I can reorder, at the new price and get it next week. Now the pool is $300 more than what I paid on Amazon. Admiral is very upset, I have dirt ordered and paid for, as well as stuff for the pool and building permit pulled etc.. Can't find the pool anywhere now, except on Amazon for an inflated price. They say there is an issue and it is not in, yet someone at worked ordered one last week and had it delivered yesterday for the increased price. I am pissed!

Amazon.com: Intex 26329EH 18ft x 52in Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set, Dark Grey: Garden & Outdoor

I also mentioned that it isn't my fault and the trolling motor she bought me isn't going back.;)

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors Good luck with that mess. I've found Amazon purchases to be EXTREMELY polarizing. It's either the easiest thing I've ever returned, or it's a 14 week fight to the death for $6 resolution.

@swatski What's happening with that backhoe there? New patio? Second pool? Your house already looks like something from the lifestyles of the rich and famous, what more can you add?

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol, be careful there!

View attachment 144522

--
1618421016392.png

I feel your pain... Glad I reseeded last fall!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so Amazon just credited me 2 @ $200 for my trouble, someone from the Leadership Team that I got transferred to after all the bitching I was doing. They cancelled the order and I reordered it to be delivered this Sunday. So the price is a push. TBH I wasn't a big fan of the pool, but the more I thought of it, it will give me more time to go fishing....... So if this doesn't happen it is going to cut into my fishing time.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ifly4fun Yours is a lot nicer than what I am doing :)