• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Object in oil resouvior

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reference
Another thing that might be helpful, as much as I h8 to suggest it, post a question on greenhulk forum, it has some helpful folks with skis.

--

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not really sure what small plastic nipple you are referring to. Did it come off the dipstick tube, or where did it come from?

I don't have any experience with any jet skis, and I haven't had a problem with anything like this on my Motors but you should be able to get some very very long needle nose pliers, and a light down in there to kind of be able to see what's what.

Harbor Freight should have some needle nose pliers that should work for something like this, otherwise look for some forceps from them as well. There are so many different styles, types, and lengths of forceps that you should be able to find one that should work for you.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't take my word as gospel, but there is no way if I was in your situation that I would start that motor with a foreign object inside of it like that. If it fell in there, there's got to be a way to get it out

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think what has happened is something fell into the oil reservoir either through the dip stick hole or the fill port. I would try to get it out, not sure how short of disassembly some parts but would likely start with extracting the oil with a shop vac through the fill port or an oil extractor if through the dip stick hole. Disassembly would be a last resort for me.

can you use a tool like this to recover whatever fell in there?

image.jpgimage.jpg

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
I wouldn't take my word as gospel, but there is no way if I was in your situation that I would start that motor with a foreign object inside of it like that. If it fell in there, there's got to be a way to get it out
So the oil pump i used had a nipple attached to it and when I was romving the hose the nipple wasn't sttached anymore , idk why they would make a nipple for the hose ending but thats what happened

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
I think what has happened is something fell into the oil reservoir either through the dip stick hole or the fill port. I would try to get it out, not sure how short of disassembly some parts but would likely start with extracting the oil with a shop vac through the fill port or an oil extractor if through the dip stick hole. Disassembly would be a last resort for me.

can you use a tool like this to recover whatever fell in there?

View attachment 152184View attachment 152185
I tried it, I emptied all the oil and can see bottom of tank but the doesn't help becuase I can't see if its even grabbing anything

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you get a flash light and / or mirror in a similar tool in there to help with the claw?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe you can find the tip with a boroscope and remove it with the tool suggested by Ronnie.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the object float? If yes then can you over fill until it presents itself in a better position for removal?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Try to angle the whole ski so that the pan is angled and whatever is in there has to end up by the dipstick hole. Then either 1) fill up with oil to float it over and/or use a portable power tool to vibrate the tank so that it jumps down into the spot you need it to be. Sawzall without a blade, or straight edge cutting tool without a blade, maybe?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That fill tube goes directly to the "oilpan's" rear section. There is a small baffle between the rear of the oil pan and the front. Where you dropped that nipple is in the rear of the pan, blue circle with arrow. The pump is in the front and I believe a pickup is in the rear section, not 100% sure though. Needle nose pliers wont reach that far down thru the fill tube.

1622867023145.png

You might be able to add about 1/4 quart and like @anmut said, tilt the ski to port as much as you can and hopefully the piece will float or roll to that side of the pan. But, you will still need something to grab it. The tool @Ronnie showed is your best bet.

Will it clog the oil pickup if left in there? Probably not, there is a screen(Blue Circle) on both oil pickups in the pan. But id rather be safe than sorry.

1622866904899.png

Matt Dye

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the oil pump i used had a nipple attached to it and when I was romving the hose the nipple wasn't sttached anymore , idk why they would make a nipple for the hose ending but thats what happened
Were you able to get the foreign object out? I have the same issue on my TR1 engine and looking for suggestions. Thanks in a advance.

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Man I tried everything besides take it apart. Had to take it to the shop and they had to drop the engine.. 😑😑😑 expensive lesson. Good luck

Matt Dye

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man I tried everything besides take it apart. Had to take it to the shop and they had to drop the engine.. 😑😑😑 expensive lesson. Good luck
Ouch! Thanks! I guess I’ll be doing the same thing.

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Sorry to hear that, I filled your pain

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral