• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ohio to Bimini-2019

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We will be driving from lake Lanier area to fort Lauderdale. Planning on dropping kids off at my sister in laws Friday morning and getting into fort lauderdale Friday night. 10.5hr drive.

This is all dependent of week we have grandparents agreeing to watch kids line up.

On the note about kids... well my then 2 year old would be one best suited. All my kids love the boat, but he is fearless. He stands in bow holding the handrails yelling whoooo
My kds did fine but on the way back we got a ton of spray. After 15 minutes of that they weren't as happy.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My kds did fine but on the way back we got a ton of spray. After 15 minutes of that they weren't as happy.
Lake moultrie scared my older 2 last may 3/4... when the jets come out they start crying. My youngest laughs.

The main reason we are taking vacation without them is our 10th anniversary.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake moultrie scared my older 2 last may 3/4... when the jets come out they start crying. My youngest laughs.

The main reason we are taking vacation without them is our 10th anniversary.
My two year old went this year to Bimini and last year at 1 to Abaco. He spent the entire week riding on the boat no issue but he did not cross I flew him and mom across. That being said if I had the chance to do one of these trips just my wife and I no kids I would jump all over it that would make it a completely different trip. We are doing Exuma this coming year again and right now I plan on taking him on that trip as well but after what I just said it really has me thinking if I can leave the kids and do just an adults trip hmmm.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20181106_072217.jpg My youngest found his life jacket this morning he said "ride boat"

He is ready.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We're on the fence about joining the Bimini trip this year. Budget and Vacation time are the limiting factors at this point. Considering it for an adults vacation since the boys are 7yrs and 7mo currently.

We're based out of Louisville. We could head over and grab 75S to join the caravan, or if the caravan came down 71 to 65S we're less than 20miles from that route.
I'm in Lanesville, IN (15 miles west of Louisville) and am planning on making the trip this year. Norris Lake, TN is one of my favorite lakes. I'm ready to start putting things on the calendar. Is anyone ready to start making reservations? I would like to go the last week of May.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm in Lanesville, IN (15 miles west of Louisville) and am planning on making the trip this year. Norris Lake, TN is one of my favorite lakes. I'm ready to start putting things on the calendar. Is anyone ready to start making reservations? I would like to go the last week of May.
Info usually comes out after new years.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jethrof16 if I were you I would wait another couple of month to see what happens with the official trips. the admins put a significant amount of effort into organizing the trips. The amount of logistics involved into doing with people who have not done it before, it is just not worth the hassle.
If you read the prepare for Bimini thread and follow what it is suggested, it will reduce the headache for you and your crew exponentially

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jethrof16 if I were you I would wait another couple of month to see what happens with the official trips. the admins put a significant amount of effort into organizing the trips. The amount of logistics involved into doing with people who have not done it before, it is just not worth the hassle.
If you read the prepare for Bimini thread and follow what it is suggested, it will reduce the headache for you and your crew exponentially
Thanks Betik!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm actually in Georgetown, IN. Just before the drive in.

Ronkey

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
im new to the thread but my wife and I are looking to take this trip this year and would love to tag a long.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You need to wait until end of January for the admins to anounce the dates.
In the mean time I would start reading the prepare for Bimini thread.

Reading on old Bimini threads from 2015, 2016,2017 and 2018 will probably be helpful too.
Please me know if you cannot find them and I will cc the links for you

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Betik, i can't get your voice out of my head when i read your messages here.
That's because you have never gone there with Jack @latitudeadjuster! Now, that voice is impossible to get out of your head even after years and years and neither is Jack, come to think of it, lolol.
Jack - miss ya!

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's because you have never gone there with Jack @latitudeadjuster! Now, that voice is impossible to get out of your head even after years and years and neither is Jack, come to think of it, lolol.
Jack - miss ya!
--
I don't think @Speedling meant it in a Brokeback Mountain kind of way

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I don't think @Speedling meant it in a Brokeback Mountain kind of way
Oh HECK no! You have an accent I'm just not used to! It's cool man! I didn't think I had an accent, but apprently Google voice to text on my phone does! I swear it only gets half the words right. The samsung junk that came with my phone was worse and had to disable that! My wife LOVES making fun of me when I talk to text to her. Anyways, that greek-ness is cool, and it doesn't come across in an internet forum, so when you get to meet people in real life the sounds make it real!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh HECK no! You have an accent I'm just not used to! It's cool man! I didn't think I had an accent, but apprently Google voice to text on my phone does! I swear it only gets half the words right. The samsung junk that came with my phone was worse and had to disable that! My wife LOVES making fun of me when I talk to text to her. Anyways, that greek-ness is cool, and it doesn't come across in an internet forum, so when you get to meet people in real life the sounds make it real!
I am not worried about @Speedling ; I am more worried about someone being a "1st made" and telling dudes over the intent that he misses them. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I was clarifing that our state of affairs, is different that @swatski & @latitudeadjuster affair. ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not worried about @Speedling ; I am more worried about someone being a "1st made" and telling dudes over the intent that he misses them. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I was clarifing that our state of affairs, is different that @swatski & @latitudeadjuster affair. ;)
Not 100% sold on this I have noticed how the love affair between you two has bloomed since Bimini. Not sure what happened while you guys were there but I remember some one posting this pic of you two.

D17E97FC-2C4A-48AD-BBA4-E6D9DD3A1FF8.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not 100% sold on this I have noticed how the love affair between you two has bloomed since Bimini. Not sure what happened while you guys were there but I remember some one posting this pic of you two.

View attachment 85379
I guess this post forces me to admit something, too: Yes, while on the island I find @latitudeadjuster's growl over the VHF sexy... And there you have it. Dam you, @robert843.
:D

--

Omg8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm 99% going. It looks like an awesome time. I'll be coming from st louis area.

Omg8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the trip from Miami to bimini and no further? Or is bimini just a stop?