• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My buddy took this shot last weekend while he was floating into the cove and got me while I was inflating the wifes SUP. Was a good day on the water though and good see some familiar faces while we were out.

IMG_2849.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Was an awesome day! Got to the ramp right before it must have turned into a shit show, cause when we went to pull out there were trucks and trailers all over every spare piece of area, including ditches and up on hills. Was wild! So much to the state park shutting down ramps if they got full. They should probably open up the rest of the ramps if they aren't going to handle traffic control. Otherwise you're packing 250 into a ramp that should hold maybe 180.20200516_111732.jpg20200516_111802.jpg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cruising Jordan Lake today with my ladies up front...
8F3846D7-BA71-4902-AA69-F32D5E609AFA.jpeg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat (pun intended). Wanted to get one for the dogs. Not sure if it's worth it. And they're costly
Doggo approved. Got a little better at folding it up today, definitely a great addition. I got this one for ~$300. Pop onto Alibab and start haggling with everyone.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been thinking about getting one, but I haven’t pulled the trigger. I can’t decide on wether to go inflatable or foam mat.
We went inflatable, just no room on the boat to store a foam one long term. If we lived on the water, would probably go foam. This fits easily in the ski locker alongside our main tube and inflatable SUP.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Doggo approved. Got a little better at folding it up today, definitely a great addition. I got this one for ~$300. Pop onto Alibab and start haggling with everyone.

Does she get up there on her own? Would it be easier with the mat? How long does it take to blow it up? And how long does it take to put it away?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does she get up there on her own? Would it be easier with the mat? How long does it take to blow it up? And how long does it take to put it away?
Still need to lift him on with the handle on the lifejacket, but it is easier for him than the back deck as the mat will submerge a bit at the edge with the weight of you and the dog. His hips are starting to get bad, so anything that's easier for him is good for us.

Probably about 10 minutes to inflate/deploy. 5 minutes to put away, I use the deflate setting on the pump to get it truly empty. I just dry it off as I fold it up, and fits nicely in the ski locker.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Eastern NC was beautiful yesterday!
IMG_20200516_175712.jpg

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yeah we felt the same way. Plenty of hole shot and top end speed. A lot of fun to drive.
Getting back on the trailer was interesting to say the least. Lots of cross wind pushed the boat right into my VeVe guide rails. Thankfully they did their job and stopped the boat from going up and over the fender of the trailer. Looked like an ass, but at least my boat wasn’t damaged. Gotta get use to that low speed steering on these jet boats.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I trained my son thusly:

We went into the middle of the lake. I tossed out a fender. Then told him to go off from it a ways. Then turn around and pretend it is a swimmer. Approach to bring the swimmer on the starboard side and stop at the swim deck.

Then, go away again. Come back and pretend the fender is the dock. Approach at a 45 degree angle, helm to the 'dock' and reverse so you are parallel to the 'dock'.

Then... and keep repeating until comfortable with the low speed maneuvering. When you get back to the trailer, you will see a night and day difference.