• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The wife needs to learn how to take better shots with her iPhone 7. Anyway here is a quick pic and video of our first time tubing.
View attachment 58932
Man, you were getting it...hahaha. I'm amazed how kids will get thrown off, skip across the water, and then still want to do it again. Good stuff...

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, you were getting it...hahaha. I'm amazed how kids will get thrown off, skip across the water, and then still want to do it again. Good stuff...
Yup, 28 mph was max for them (both 16) was trying to keep them out of the spray and when they crossed the wake, my boy was trying to tell me faster lol. I knew he was getting ready to get whipped so I don't go any faster lol. Good timed

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Totally not to be a wet blanket, and totally NOT a critique of anyone here. Just wanted to mention something I find very important to keep in mind when water tubing.

I hope everyone here is aware of one simple and dreadful tubing statistic - (big) numbers of kids and adults in emergency departments across the country due to... bonking heads.

For some reason, most parents are at least partly unaware of the risk of concussions when pulling tubes with multiple occupants. Well, watch any tubing video and you will likely see several close-call moments where a serious headbutt is just waiting to happen.

I tend to avoid pulling tubers (it is my least favorite boating activity - unskilled and fairly dangerous). But when I do I spend good few minutes discussing potential consequences of accidental butting heads. I also tell the tube occupants to stay as far apart as possible and (try) not to let their heads swing (towards each other). I also tend to limit the speed (a lot) to around 18mph. The forces involved in a direct head butt at higher speeds are comparable to those in car crashes. Or... on a football field. Except most tubers do not wear helmets...

--

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The wife needs to learn how to take better shots with her iPhone 7. Anyway here is a quick pic and video of our first time tubing.
View attachment 58932
Maybe it's just the video but it looked too me like the boat is moving very fast.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that is one of the reasons that I stick with the lay-flat tubes. It minimizes the risk there (though there still is a risk) and also is kinda self-limiting. If you go too fast or rock them too much, they fall off (rather than bounce too much).

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Totally not to be a wet blanket, and totally NOT a critique of anyone here. Just wanted to mention something I find very important to keep in mind when water tubing.

I hope everyone here is aware of one simple and dreadful tubing statistic - (big) numbers of kids and adults in emergency departments across the country due to... bonking heads.

For some reason, most parents are at least partly unaware of the risk of concussions when pulling tubes with multiple occupants. Well, watch any tubing video and you will likely see several close-call moments where a serious headbutt is just waiting to happen.

I tend to avoid pulling tubers (it is my least favorite boating activity - unskilled and fairly dangerous). But when I do I spend good few minutes discussing potential consequences of accidental butting heads. I also tell the tube occupants to stay as far apart as possible and (try) not to let their heads swing (towards each other). I also tend to limit the speed (a lot) to around 18mph. The forces involved in a direct head butt at higher speeds are comparable to those in car crashes. Or... on a football field. Except most tubers do not wear helmets...

--
Never thought of that, thanks for posting.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another fun day on the riverIMG_8457.JPG IMG_8505.JPG IMG_8545.JPG IMG_8567.JPG IMG_8586.JPG IMG_8646.JPG IMG_8712.JPG

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today Billy aka @ENC boater passing me eariler today.
Good to see ya billy, we made it back and got boat covered and took a dip in the pool before the rain came.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forgot pic. Lmao
20170709_132501.jpg

plasticpig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Sorry it is two photos but not posted one of our baby here yet...
yamaha.jpg robin floating.jpg

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Willamette River Portland, Or
IMG_0518.JPG

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just learning how to use the go pro, I haven't edited this yet (gopro quik program won't load on my computer)
If you skip to about5:10 she goes ropeless and has some good cuts,

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20170709_070412.jpg

Yesterday... heading out to Amberjack hole off Sarasota in the Gulf of Mexico. 35ish miles offshore. Not in my sx195:eek:, but in my buddy's center console:cool:. Caught us 10 bonitas, a red grouper, and a red snapper. Great day on the water!