• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picking up the 195s tomorrow

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Tomorrow is the big day for picking up the 195s. Just wanted some experience people to tell me what I should be looking for in regards to some quality control issues possibly. Thanks in advance and l post some pictures when I get it. đź‘Ť

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Tomorrow is the big day for picking up the 195s. Just wanted some experience people to tell me what I should be looking for in regards to some quality control issues possibly. Thanks in advance and l post some pictures when I get it. đź‘Ť
Waiting on ours. Do a search in the forum there is a four page checklist you can download.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably very well covered in the checklist, but basically I would make sure that I opened and closed everything, trying to wiggle it, see if it sticks or jiggles (lots of loose parts on these things sometimes). Pull up all of the cushions and look for tiny cracks or gouges in the gelcoat. Wiggle the jets (or try to). Running the engines (if you are on land on a hose) should sound like ballbearings rattling around and awful (but it should start with no issues, etc.). Check the dates on the batteries to make sure they are at least reasonably new. Run the stereo and make sure all the speakers work as well as all of the inputs. See if they will let you toss some water in the bilge to see if your pump works (mine didn't--found out on the water later...).

Make sure you get all of the parts: bimini cover, cushions, table, table legs, lanyard, shipping cover (if you want it--I would recommend it), blank for the transducer (if equipped), owners manual...

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Probably very well covered in the checklist, but basically I would make sure that I opened and closed everything, trying to wiggle it, see if it sticks or jiggles (lots of loose parts on these things sometimes). Pull up all of the cushions and look for tiny cracks or gouges in the gelcoat. Wiggle the jets (or try to). Running the engines (if you are on land on a hose) should sound like ballbearings rattling around and awful (but it should start with no issues, etc.). Check the dates on the batteries to make sure they are at least reasonably new. Run the stereo and make sure all the speakers work as well as all of the inputs. See if they will let you toss some water in the bilge to see if your pump works (mine didn't--found out on the water later...).

Make sure you get all of the parts: bimini cover, cushions, table, table legs, lanyard, shipping cover (if you want it--I would recommend it), blank for the transducer (if equipped), owners manual...
That's a good summation.

Drfast555

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I would also suggest the water test. They will show you all the critical stuff during that (at least our dealer did).

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
make sure there is a protective sticker where the bow roller is. mine was scuffed up after the ride home. then replace that sucker with a stolz roller.

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
05CD82C7-FD60-441A-A334-0321E2A2F976.jpeg
I know... not the best pic, but we made it home and everything is good. She is a little dirty lol and will need to get cleaned up. I actually really like the charcoal cover ... I thought I would want black, but the charcoal matches the truck and everything else. Can’t wait to get her clean and broken in.

Attachments

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
gray looks good with the truck, didn't know that was an option.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The excitement builds.... :happy: Congratulations!

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I would recommend replacing the trailer straps. We lost one coming home last Saturday after picking up our Boat. Not the best quality straps. Congrats on the new boat. Looks great!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
gray looks good with the truck, didn't know that was an option.
I don't recall the exact naming convention, but the black is the 'premium' cover and the gray is the normal cover. Premium is a little thicker and has zipper covers over the cleats, etc.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Do yourself a favor and open all the drain plugs and run water from the anchor to the stern to get all the fiberglass shavings out.
Want to reiterate this one. Open the drain plugs and look in with a flashlight....you are going to see the remains of some hard working Yamaha employees trying to get your boat to you. I vacuumed out the big pieces and then ran the hose for 10 minutes to wash out the rest.

Love the boat. You will enjoy it for years. The SeaDek looks great inside.

pnwest93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
View attachment 143435
I know... not the best pic, but we made it home and everything is good. She is a little dirty lol and will need to get cleaned up. I actually really like the charcoal cover ... I thought I would want black, but the charcoal matches the truck and everything else. Can’t wait to get her clean and broken in.
Looks great!! How well does the Tacoma pull?

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
View attachment 143435
She's a bute. Congrats

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Looks great!! How well does the Tacoma pull?
Good enough!! I use the ect mode and drive in s5... went on a trip back from the dealer which was about 180 milesish*... no issues.. probably got about 15 mpg..

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I was just told ours will be here this month. But I cannot find this checklist that was mentioned above. Can someone help?

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Check the above thread/link.. there is a document attached .. hopefully that helps!!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I bought mine in CA the Dealer took it to a lake and we test drove it for an hour or so just to check it out. Then I went through it from stem to stern back at the dealership looking for visual issues. I found that they had not fully secured the starboard side back rest with the wing nuts but all else was cherry. Got it shipped over and went back through it all over again and it was all good plus the center cushion, a fender set and the Anchor/Chain/Line was in the bow under the cover.

Push all the switches and look for everything to turn on...dont forget the running lights (red/green) and the white light pole. I second the wash out too.

Pull up the floor and check the gas tank locker:

I filled the anchor locker with water which drained into the ski locker which drains into the bilge and unbeknownst to me it also drained into the gas tank locker but not by design. There was gap in the fiberglass bulkhead that weeped water from the ski locker into the gas locker. EZ fix but opening the gas locker also allowed me to find a loose rubber protector that needed to get smushed back into place under the rails holding down the gas tank.

Small things but it pays to go over your boat with a detailed eye from time to time.