• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pictures of your 21ft sitting in the garage

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a slightly uphill driveway and a 6'11" tall garage door opening. for the three years we kept ours in the garage, the procedure our 2011 SX210 was:

1. Back the trailer to the garage until the rear trailer tire was right at the edge of the garage door
2. Chock wheels and unhook trailer from truck
3. Pull truck away
4. Fold Tongue away
5. Raise floor jack under the folded tongue stub and fold away tongue jack once load is being held by floor jack
6. Lower floor jack all the way down
7. Push with all my strength to get the trailer up the remaining bit of incline and into the garage, clearing the header by about 1/8"

Taking the boat out was the reverse procedure.

You can imagine how happy I was when I was able to secure a slip at the local marina! However, the boat stayed MUCH cleaner parked in the garage than at the marina, even with a cover on it whenever it was in the slip.

SoxFan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Having always garaged my previous boats, when I got the 212SS, I had to reframe the garage door opening and put in a 8 ft H X 9 ft W door.
The widest part is the trailer with approx 1” on each side to spare.
Seeing the boat every day in the garage makes the Northeast Winter go by a little quicker.
83DE0038-24DE-4883-AC19-8CAD3ADCB197.jpeg4281516E-D138-4799-8770-3D91A0917208.jpeg

wakefj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For anyone that puts their trailer all the way down on a caster wheel how do you then move it. I'm between a 19' that fit somewhat easily and (what my heart wants) a 21' that should fit but only by an inch or so once down on the caster wheel. I'm starting to really think that the 19' is the way to go since the 21' may be so much of a pain to get in and out each time :confused:
Stealth, I have a 2017 SX210 (7'4" on the trailer) and did the caster mod (550# caster from Northern Freight) to get it into my garage with a 7' opening. I have a sloping driveway and bought a HF winch to pull it in with a tow strap anchored to the garage floor and around the axle for safety. I used my garage lift jack to lower the front onto the caster. It took over an hour to get it in and about as long to get it out. The top of the windshield rubbed against the garage door top weatherstripping, but it did fit. I needed a better solution so I raised the garage opening to 8'. i believe even the 19' Yamahas are over 7' on the trailer, so you might want to check.

92479 9248092482