• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pictures of your 21ft sitting in the garage

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a slightly uphill driveway and a 6'11" tall garage door opening. for the three years we kept ours in the garage, the procedure our 2011 SX210 was:

1. Back the trailer to the garage until the rear trailer tire was right at the edge of the garage door
2. Chock wheels and unhook trailer from truck
3. Pull truck away
4. Fold Tongue away
5. Raise floor jack under the folded tongue stub and fold away tongue jack once load is being held by floor jack
6. Lower floor jack all the way down
7. Push with all my strength to get the trailer up the remaining bit of incline and into the garage, clearing the header by about 1/8"

Taking the boat out was the reverse procedure.

You can imagine how happy I was when I was able to secure a slip at the local marina! However, the boat stayed MUCH cleaner parked in the garage than at the marina, even with a cover on it whenever it was in the slip.

SoxFan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Having always garaged my previous boats, when I got the 212SS, I had to reframe the garage door opening and put in a 8 ft H X 9 ft W door.
The widest part is the trailer with approx 1” on each side to spare.
Seeing the boat every day in the garage makes the Northeast Winter go by a little quicker.
83DE0038-24DE-4883-AC19-8CAD3ADCB197.jpeg4281516E-D138-4799-8770-3D91A0917208.jpeg

wakefj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For anyone that puts their trailer all the way down on a caster wheel how do you then move it. I'm between a 19' that fit somewhat easily and (what my heart wants) a 21' that should fit but only by an inch or so once down on the caster wheel. I'm starting to really think that the 19' is the way to go since the 21' may be so much of a pain to get in and out each time :confused:
Stealth, I have a 2017 SX210 (7'4" on the trailer) and did the caster mod (550# caster from Northern Freight) to get it into my garage with a 7' opening. I have a sloping driveway and bought a HF winch to pull it in with a tow strap anchored to the garage floor and around the axle for safety. I used my garage lift jack to lower the front onto the caster. It took over an hour to get it in and about as long to get it out. The top of the windshield rubbed against the garage door top weatherstripping, but it did fit. I needed a better solution so I raised the garage opening to 8'. i believe even the 19' Yamahas are over 7' on the trailer, so you might want to check.

92479 9248092482

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
212 limited 2017 cut the top of the garage off raised it 2 ft, rebuilt the roof and put a 9 ft door in. Was in the same debate between 19 & 21 and we are so happy with the 21ft. Even made a little bump out with its own roof off the back of the garage to accept the swim deck so I could get the boat further back and be able to move in front of it.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For us it was a must have. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to put it in the garage. It works really well. A lot of cranking but it works. You can get a drill attachment for it also. Up hill / down hill no problem.
@Nick212 How wide is your garage? Trying to figure out if the 212 Limited will fit into a 20'8" deep and 20' wide portion of a 3 car garage. Door is 8 ft high.

wakefj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I decided to keep my boat at our 2nd home in Charleston, SC, so I raised the door to 8' and she slides right in, but backing down the narrow alley was tough without encroaching on the neighbors yard. Necessity is a mother, so I got creative and found a 10HP snowblower on eBay and hacked it apart. For $400 all in, I have a motorized trailer dolly with 5 speeds forward, 2 reverse and electric start. I bought a Trailer Valet XL Pro ball which drops right into the 2" pipe on the snowblower er... dolly.

Here's a link to the video of the first time that I used it. It takes a little steering, but I'm moving a lot of weight with a snowblower.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whats involved in raising a door from 7' to 8'? This requires a new door and redoing the frame, correct?

wakefj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, and either an extension to your 7' garage door rail or an opener designed for 8' garage doors.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's a squeeze, but she fits. 50' x 70' w/ (2) 14' doors and (2) 10' doors
Boat and Truck by Shop.jpg
Both Rigs.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I decided to keep my boat at our 2nd home in Charleston, SC, so I raised the door to 8' and she slides right in, but backing down the narrow alley was tough without encroaching on the neighbors yard. Necessity is a mother, so I got creative and found a 10HP snowblower on eBay and hacked it apart. For $400 all in, I have a motorized trailer dolly with 5 speeds forward, 2 reverse and electric start. I bought a Trailer Valet XL Pro ball which drops right into the 2" pipe on the snowblower er... dolly.

Here's a link to the video of the first time that I used it. It takes a little steering, but I'm moving a lot of weight with a snowblower.

View attachment 101535View attachment 101537
LOLOLOL That's amazing! Got any longer vids of it?

wakefj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a squeeze, but she fits. 50' x 70' w/ (2) 14' doors and (2) 10' doors
bolivas... you could park the Queen Mary in there!
-Green with envy!

wakefj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOLOLOL That's amazing! Got any longer vids of it?
suke,
Thank you! I'll get some better video the next time I take her out. I was racing to get her in the garage to beat a thunderstorm.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
bolivas... you could park the Queen Mary in there!
-Green with envy!
Thank you @wakefj ! My old skis and I/O spent their life outside and really took some weather abuse. I have been planning to by my 210 FSH for a little over a year, but did not want to leave her out in the cold. I waited to buy the boat until I had the building up. The shop area is 50' x 50' with a 20' lean-to off the back. The lean-to is built out as an equestrian barn w/ 3 run out stalls, tack room and hay storage.

wakefj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's a link to a 1 minute stop action video "evicting" my SX210 from my 7' garage using the caster mod.
It took about an hour to get it out. I had a HF winch acting as a brake to keep it from rolling down the driveway
and over to my neighbor's house. It took a lot of baby steps to get it turned and eased out of the garage.

My wife didn't think that we could get it into the garage. At the time, I thought that she was right!
Then she wondered how we'd get it out. But we did!

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here's a link to a 1 minute stop action video "evicting" my SX210 from my 7' garage using the caster mod.
It took about an hour to get it out. I had a HF winch acting as a brake to keep it from rolling down the driveway
and over to my neighbor's house. It took a lot of baby steps to get it turned and eased out of the garage.

My wife didn't think that we could get it into the garage. At the time, I thought that she was right!
Then she wondered how we'd get it out. But we did!
Holy cow! That looks waaaaay easier than how we do it..... :winkingthumbsup"

Seriously though, That is very creative and a great way to protect your investment. Thanks for the video.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Convinced me I'm good with my 19ft boat :winkingthumbsup"

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m so over folding my tower... going to do a quick pin release mod on it .

2014 212x - 94” garage clearance

Attachments

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stealth, I have a 2017 SX210 (7'4" on the trailer) and did the caster mod (550# caster from Northern Freight) to get it into my garage with a 7' opening. I have a sloping driveway and bought a HF winch to pull it in with a tow strap anchored to the garage floor and around the axle for safety. I used my garage lift jack to lower the front onto the caster. It took over an hour to get it in and about as long to get it out. The top of the windshield rubbed against the garage door top weatherstripping, but it did fit. I needed a better solution so I raised the garage opening to 8'. i believe even the 19' Yamahas are over 7' on the trailer, so you might want to check.

View attachment 92479 View attachment 92480View attachment 92482
Hi wakefj, this is very helpful. I was thinking of AR190 due to a 7ft garage. But your details are helpful to go for SX210 as you seem to pull 21ft boat inside 7ft garage. I also read somewhere that they were able to pull AR210 into 7ft garage by removing tower. Any thoughts on AR210 into 7ft garage please? See below.. Thanks.