• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Storing 21ft Yamaha Jet Boat (SX210, AR210, etc) into a 7ft garage opening

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All, wanted to start this thread as I see some people storing the 21ft boats outside by paying so this information may help them. If you have 21+ ft boats, please provide your inputs and hacks as it may help others. Thank you very much.

- See the below link for description and pictures of SX210 (7'4" on the trailer) which was able to fit into the 7' Garage door opening. This member has a 20+ ft deep garage so he may had to store the SX210 diagonally and it may have taken more time to move around. But for people with 22+ ft dept garage, it may go straight into the garage quickly:

- If they can squeeze a Yamaha SX210 with a caster wheel into a 7ft garage door per the above link, then we may be able to fit an AR210 also after removing/loosening wake tower cables per the below link, which then pushes the tower height below the windshield. Someone said that from 2019 AR210 models, Yamaha gave extended cable by default so we may not have to attach the extension as shown in the link below. The link below is for removing the tower cable for an AR190 boat. I think it may be similar to AR210. Please provide your thoughts. Thank you.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I raised my garage header 18inches and added an 18 inch panel to my garage door. All the labor and parts cost 1900. I have stored my boat in the garage for 9 years. It has paid for itself twice over.

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I raised my garage header 18inches and added an 18 inch panel to my garage door. All the labor and parts cost 1900. I have stored my boat in the garage for 9 years. It has paid for itself twice over.
That's great. Unfortunately, I have a LVL beam right above the 7ft garage door so I cannot increase anymore. Thanks.