• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

POLL Which Floating lift to get Sunstream,Candock, ......

Which floating lift to get ?

• New CANDOCK $10k

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Used CANDOCK $6.5K

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • New EZ-DOCK EZPORT BP5001 $10K

• New JetDock $10k

• Used 5yrs/old Sunstream FL6 $10k

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Wavearmor LX10 $9k

• New Dock Blocks $9k

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've got a floating dock on a river that can go up and down several feet, so I need a floating lift. Lots of options out there. I created this poll to see what others prefer and to hopefully learn from their experiences.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That floatlift is amazing. I ended up getting a sunstream v lift cause was half the price but those floatlift will last forever. That's price seems a little high. There is one by me going for 7500 in NJ not sure what the market is by you though.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did research years ago and ... Sunstream and EZ-Dock both looked impressive. Occasionally I see them on Craigslist (down here in NC) at prices way below the costs listed in your poll.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really like the idea of the Float lift but it would be a little more difficult to get my boat covered. The marina/campground owner really wanted me to go Ez-dock to match his existing ez-docks, so he called the Ez-dock distributor and they knocked $1200 off the price, so I decided to go with it. With all the lakes in my part of the world, you would think there would be more of these types of docks for sale on craigslist but I couldn't find much.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You can walk on the floatlift very easy. The lift I have is a little tricky to get the cover on. You can get it on from in the boat though no problem just tightening up could require you to climb outside.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If after a season of the drive on style, I don't like it. I will go with a used sunstream float lift. They make a nice canopy for it but it adds 4k. The sunstream dealer I spoke with said the two vlifts he sold were nothing but problems requiring many trips to the site. He eventually had to take them back and scrap them.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad I didn't get one of those crappy ones. The only thing I had to do was change the batteries since 2012.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Glad I didn't get one of those crappy ones. The only thing I had to do was change the batteries since 2012.
I watched some videos of the vlift and like the clean look of it. It wouldn't work for me because I would have to build a dock around it to get the cover on and that makes it cost prohibitive.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why would you need to do that? I put my cover on from inside the boat every weekend. I don't have anything to stand on from the waterside either.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got ya.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This picture is what I would really like. Then I wouldn't need a cover. I could have bought a 2 year old version of this for 15k. That's a hard sell for the wife when the boat isn't worth much more. Someday maybe, but not right now.FL6-with-Chapparell.jpg

Rick Rousseau

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I almost went with a Candock. I saw them at the Orlando boat show and then did a lot of research. The price was similar to the $10k you posted. In the end I went with the traditional cable lift on piling since that's what I really wanted. It sounds like that's not an option for you. The traditional lift was actually a bit cheaper than the Candock. My boat is an SX190 so it's light and I didn't need the air tank and that kept the cost a bit less. The main advantage of the Candock for me was getting it sooner than the cable lift. I'm the end I waited through the summer until the dock company could work me into the schedule. Best of luck, hope you are happy with whatever you get.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I went with an EZ-dock BP5001
http://www.ez-dock.com/product/ez-boatport-5001/
They build everything up off what they call the bp2000. All the parts I am getting will be new except the bp2000. I went and inspected it. It's only 3 months old and still looks new. I'm told this dealer is good at supporting the product. He makes all his own dock connectors by fabricating the metal and plasti-dipping them vs using the rubber pieces that ez-dock supplies. He says they are much stronger and don't break like he has seen time and time again with the standard ones.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That floatlift is amazing. I ended up getting a sunstream v lift cause was half the price but those floatlift will last forever. That's price seems a little high. There is one by me going for 7500 in NJ not sure what the market is by you though.
I know this is 8 months old but do you know if they are still trying to sell that lift near you?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ended up getting the EZ-Dock boat port 5001 with the air assist. It's easy to drive on and the pump takes only 75 seconds to lift my boat completely out of the water. It takes a couple of minutes to lower as it is just pressure from the weight of the boat pushing the air out. Pushing the boat off the dock can be difficult depending on how far I drove on. For I/Os it's not a problem since they just lower their trim and can power off, but for jetboats they need to be pushed into the water to get the intakes wet. I'll post a picture this weekend when I am out at our dock.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This process has been nut and super expensive. I really am limited to a floatlft, a harborhoist or a v lift and Sunstream looks to have stopped selling the v lift and the harborhoist is $14,500 and the Floatlft is $18,200 which is insane. I can't find either used right now though.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why not something like a hydrohoist or rhinohoist? I paid $5,000 for a used 6,800lb lift.