• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Preparing for Bimini

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Page 3 & 4? Are you guys looking for alternative ramps north?
I am having discussions with Pompano about sending half our group to launch at Alsdorf Park. If Harbour Towne does not step up we likely will. This would likely result in $25K of business for Pompano between groceries, meals, etc so they seem eager to help out. Next year after they finish ongoing construction Alsdorf Park may be able to handle all of us.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
how much further will this place be by water? which I assume there is no wake zone the entire way...

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just registered for MMSI for my VHF Radio. It is 338243703 . Where do I enter this info to make it officially available to the group ? Thanks.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
how much further will this place be by water? which I assume there is no wake zone the entire way...
Looks like its about 9.5 miles with 6 "idle speed" zones (2-3 mph) and another large "slow speed" zone right by Bahia Mar.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Looks like its about 9.5 miles with 6 "idle speed" zones (2-3 mph) and another large "slow speed" zone right by Bahia Mar.
Better get to harbour towne early!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On last year's return crossing, instead of heading into the turning basin, I cruised the beach line north to the Hillsboro inlet (which is north of the ramps in question) and we then cruised south via the ICW to Harbour Towne. It really isn't that long of a cruise. It's very enjoyable and it's pretty neat to see the properties and big yachts that are docked along the ICW. It's a nice add-on for anybody who likes that type of thing.

One yacht that caught our attention last year, because it's pretty massive, was named "Rockstar". After returning back to Houston, I came across this youtube posting form 2014... pretty neat:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just registered for MMSI for my VHF Radio. It is 338243703 . Where do I enter this info to make it officially available to the group ? Thanks.
To the best of my knowledge:

Your MMSI number gets programmed directly into your VHF radio. When you transmit your radio broadcast your vocal information as well as data information. The MMSI number then is processed at the base and allows the dispatcher to identify you and your emergency contact. Works along the same lines as an EPIRB - but from your radio.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
To the best of my knowledge:

Your MMSI number gets programmed directly into your VHF radio. When you transmit your radio broadcast your vocal information as well as data information. The MMSI number then is processed at the base and allows the dispatcher to identify you and your emergency contact. Works along the same lines as an EPIRB - but from your radio.
While that is an important safety feature of DSC, we can also save our MMSI numbers in our VHF radios, add name tags to the MMSIs and "ring" each other directly ("calling a buddy") or you can also "call a group". When you initiate the call to someone's MMSI and they acknowledge the call, the radios automatically change to a channel for conversation. There is also a "track buddy" function over DSC that works simmilar to AIS given the other user's permission. It would be good to have list of everyone's MMSI for this. I'm at MMSI 367776160

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is 10 miles roughly one of which is a 5 to 7 mph zone, the rest is 25 mph this time of year. It may be a faster trip than from Harbour Towne.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While at Bahia Mar or Bimini Sands, is it safe to leave the boat without a mooring cover ?

I am debating leaving the mooring cover in the truck or not...

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boat will be nekkid from the moment we launch until the day we retrieve. :mooning:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While at Bahia Mar or Bimini Sands, is it safe to leave the boat without a mooring cover ?

I have never seen anyone cover their boat at either location.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I brought one in 2015 and didn't use it. It's a good thing if there's a little rain to rinse the boat down from all the salt residue. If you're worried about theft, just give @Bruce a bottle of rum, a can of bug spray, and ask him to sleep on your boat.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I brought one in 2015 and didn't use it. It's a good thing if there's a little rain to rinse the boat down from all the salt residue. If you're worried about theft, just give @Bruce a bottle of rum, a can of bug spray, and ask him to sleep on your boat.
I live a block from the beach, my boat is always covered in salt residue

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome...Wife and kids are totally on board for next year's trip. Thought it would take more convincing LOL... Time to start budgeting and setting up a Bimini fund.

May you Guys and Gals have light winds, smooth sea's and safe travels. Cant wait to to see the pix and video's!!!

See y'all in 2018

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have never seen anyone cover their boat at either location.
Last year I washed my boat daily at the slip in the evening and left it to dry overnight.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Last year I washed my boat daily at the slip in the evening and left it to dry overnight.
Be warned though. The Bimini sands people were quite happy to swipe my credit card frequently :D