• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Radio reception on the Lake Michigan and smaller lakes.

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Newbie boat owner here - 2019 Yamaha 242X

I'm trying to figure out how to get tunes on the Lake Michigan via Pandora or FM radio. Is radio reception a problem or do I need to activate another XM account.

I carry a Samsung Galaxy 9+ on the Sprint network. Not sure if my data will work to access my Pandora unless there is a way to use it offline?

Thanks for your feedback!

Pandora does have an offline method, but I dunno if it requires payment, or if the free version offers it as well. I've got the cheapest pay plan, like $5/month, and I'm certain that it offers offline mode because there's a few dead spots on my drive up north where I don't get any phone/data for a good 10-15 minutes.

An alternative you might wanna consider is using an iPod, or if you don't have one, perhaps an old smartphone. Folks usually have one of those lying around, and if you don't, you can walk into any Walmart and buy a new prepaid phone. Add a storage card to it - SD or XD or whatever it uses - and load it up with some tunes. You should be able to bluetooth it to the radio even without a phone plan.

I use Straight Talk, so I can't give you any idea of how Sprint would work on Michigan, but I've had no issues with whatever network my phone is using (I've had several phones, and using either AT&T or Verizon, both networks haven't been a problem for me).

Well, I don’t know how far out you intend to go, but most FM stations transmit 30-40 miles. And if you don’t mind AM I can get WLS AM in Michigan near the lake...

I had sprint for years, I boat almost exclusively inland in Wisconsin. The reception was horrible with them. My buddy had Verizon and he wold get a signal easily on most lakes. I made the switch this past fall, we'll see if it pays off.

Back