• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been so busy this winter honestly haven’t thought about it.... until now

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boating meetup on Jordan lake july 25th
whos down
we have 7 families going already

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Been so busy this winter honestly haven’t thought about it.... until now
Pulling my boat out of storage tomorrow to start the process of laying down my mats......and generally check everything over since I haven't seen it since November.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Boating meetup on Jordan lake july 25th
whos down
we have 7 families going already
My plan originally was to try and come, but we'll be at Lake Gaston that whole week up until the day before. Not sure if we'll make it, now.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
July 25, I'll be able to make that.

Side question.... anyone know a local Raleigh company that does fiberglass repair? I have 2 areas that need fixed after someone hit my boat in the wets lip last summer. Am gonna ask folks at Chatlee who they recommend but figured I would ask here.

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
July 25, I'll be able to make that.

Side question.... anyone know a local Raleigh company that does fiberglass repair? I have 2 areas that need fixed after someone hit my boat in the wets lip last summer. Am gonna ask folks at Chatlee who they recommend but figured I would ask here.
I have used Auto Marine in Garner a couple of times and they have done excellent work on my boat.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
FYI, Chatlee has a fiberglass shop in-house so I'll probably just let them do it. Easier to tow it 1 place and I have to think they will do a nice job on it....

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hoping to take my boat out thurs afternoon, do some grilling, and just hanging out on the boat. Last meeting is at 3:30, I'll have the boat hooked up and ready to go. Just going to go to Harris since it's down the street. Then get the boat back into storage before the storms on Sat.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Running mine down to Chatlee in the morning for oil change, fiberglass repair and all that.... not sure how long it will take but after that, gonna get out on the lake for sure.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We ended up going out Friday. Was pretty windy, but at least we got out. Wind made it a little too chilly to try and get into the water. Working on my truck this week, hoping to get it done before the weekend to try and get out on Sat....unless they close down the state.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Launching at Jordan right now. On the Ski

Last edited:

PBear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Sweet. We are planning on going there tomorrow.

Anyone with thoughts on where to launch at Jordan? This is our first time there, and only the second time on the boat. We'll be driving from the Crossroads area of Cary/Raleigh.

Game plan is to enjoy the lake and hopefully do some tubing. The wakesurf board, etc. is on it's way from @J-RAD but won't be here until Tuesday.

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Anyone with thoughts on where to launch at Jordan? This is our first time there, and only the second time on the boat. We'll be driving from the Crossroads area of Cary/Raleigh.

Game plan is to enjoy the lake and hopefully do some tubing. The wakesurf board, etc. is on it's way from @J-RAD but won't be here until Tuesday.
My favorite ramp is Ebenezer Church. It’s protected from the wind more than some of the other ramps.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Our number one is New Hope boat ramp. When the ramps get busy in the summer, it is usually the least full, and it puts us in our favorite part of the lake. Seaforth would be a good choice also. Puts you in the middle of the lake.
If no one has mentioned it yet, its a good idea to get the season pass for the lakes in this area. Not sure when they go up for sale, but if you will be boating regularly, it is a time and money saver.

Hope to see you out there soon !

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I'm jealous of all you guys right now... the weather is playing is typical springtime games. Forecast has been projecting mid 60's a week out and by the time it gets here it's 40's and snow. Goosfraba!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What ramp did you go to? Buddy of mine tried the new hope ramp and he was turned away because it was full. Harris lake today was a shit show. I've never seen it so busy. It was worse than a July 4th holiday. We were going to try Jordan tomorrow, but if we're going to get turned away.....or if it's a nightmare there's no reason.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm jealous of all you guys right now... the weather is playing is typical springtime games. Forecast has been projecting mid 60's a week out and by the time it gets here it's 40's and snow. Goosfraba!
It was almost 90* today!!! Was amazing out! Water was still pretty chilly. I hopped in and immediately hopped out. LOL!

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What ramp did you go to? Buddy of mine tried the new hope ramp and he was turned away because it was full. Harris lake today was a shit show. I've never seen it so busy. It was worse than a July 4th holiday. We were going to try Jordan tomorrow, but if we're going to get turned away.....or if it's a nightmare there's no reason.
Went to seaforth. It was a mess too. Crazy busy. Tons of idiots