• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's much cleaner... in years past we did a season opener shake down run from henderson to clarksville had lunch and came back... gotta see when the world starts back up and maybe we can get something going..

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hoping to head up to Kerr Lake (Nutbush) either this Sunday and definitely next weekend. Called them and Nutbush ramps are definitely open for use.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hoping to head up to Kerr Lake (Nutbush) either this Sunday and definitely next weekend. Called them and Nutbush ramps are definitely open for use.
We cant go this weekend. (Still waiting on a Axel hub I ordered to complete my bearing project)... next weekend we have a fridge being delivered on saturday but we may be able to make sunday happen for a shake down run on kerr!!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Enjoy!! Can't wait until it starts to warm up more, also hoping they open Jordan and falls after May 8th, if not sooner.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Still waiting to get my boat back from Chatlee.... I really need to get out on the water!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Enjoy!! Can't wait until it starts to warm up more, also hoping they open Jordan and falls after May 8th, if not sooner.
Barton Creek ramp on falls lake has been open. I drove past it Friday evening and it was more packed than I've ever seen it....like 4th of July madness packed!

Went to Rollingview Marina to check on our dock, and Rollingview state park is closed. I guess the difference is one hosts camping?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Barton Creek ramp on falls lake has been open. I drove past it Friday evening and it was more packed than I've ever seen it....like 4th of July madness packed!

Went to Rollingview Marina to check on our dock, and Rollingview state park is closed. I guess the difference is one hosts camping?
@Julian ... is there a ramp at your marina that the public can use or is it for members?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Yeah all the state park ramps at Jordan and Falls are closed. The public ramp at Jordan on a normal weekend is a shit show. I can't imagine what it's like right now. Hopefully picking up my new boat this week and I'll need to break it in. May have to just take some time off work and get to it during the week.

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian ... is there a ramp at your marina that the public can use or is it for members?
The Rollingview Marina referred me to this statement when I called: "Our Boat Ramp is open our normal hours Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Gates will be closed to the general public on Saturday and Sunday, when we will only be open to current tenants."

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What @Andisimose said! LOL

The marina does have a double ramp...but with no docks (they say every year that they intend to put in some docks at the ramp, but never do!

And yes....the gates were closed to the public on Friday night when I went there. Normally their ramp is open to the public ($5 fee).

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll be out on Jordan on Sunday. Picking up my boat at Chatlee tomorrow. Friends with a pontoon and a Chap will be out with us.... distancing of course

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Crosswinds is.... I keep my boat there so I have access. Not sure about any public ramps though

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Crazy? Like busy or something else?
Yes, all the above. Last Friday it was overflowing crowded and idiocy ruled the ramp. The previous Wednesday wasn’t terrible though. I’m thinking about trying again Sunday morning.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, all the above. Last Friday it was overflowing crowded and idiocy ruled the ramp. The previous Wednesday wasn’t terrible though. I’m thinking about trying again Sunday morning.
Thanks, I may try Sunday too.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We’re headed up to Kerr lake tomorrow 😀

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I drove out to Farrington this morning to take a look. It was absolutely nuts out there, couldn’t believe it.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I drove out to Farrington this morning to take a look. It was absolutely nuts out there, couldn’t believe it.
what time? We were planning on heading there around 9, but if it's gonna be nuts......we'll pass and just do Harris again.