• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, thanks, grabbing a bite, anchored near the dam. Will come and look for you guys soon.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might try to get the new toy out later this afternoon.
20200516_131930.jpg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Kids bitching..... done for the day. :mad:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Heading to our usual spot.... east of Farrington Bridge. More space for tubing and not as crowded
View attachment 119178
We're at the same place. We normally come and hang out here. Had no issues at Robeson creek. Parking lot was nearly full but only 2 cars ahead of us at 830 this morning. Farrington ramp was shutdown again prior to 10am. I imagine Robeson was the same.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When we were heading back to Crosswinds around 3, Farrington looked like a train wreck!

We will be out tomorrow too. Launching at 11:15 and will probably head to the same place. The valet service at Crosswinds is pretty sweet.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Kerr lake...
Sorry we missed you. We had so much fun wake surfing that we ran out of time and had to head back to the boat launch and home. On our way back it looked like there were two Yammies next to each other. One with a black hull and one with a red hull.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Any insight to when to go to Harris tomorrow? I’ve only been there once and that was around 5pm in the afternoon after we took delivery of the boat in late March.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Went to the 42 ramp at Harris today. Got there about 10:30 and it was jammed. Wife parked the truck almost at the main road on the side, nowhere to park. Went and looked at New Hill ramp once we got on the water, it was jammed up.

As we were making 1 more round to burn some 2019 gas out, noticed a Hurricane with the motor cover off. Towed him back to hunt ramp.

All in all a great day but man, that water is cold!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shallow areas of Jordan are mid-70’s. Saw 78 on water temp today in mid afternoon. Was sitting in 6 feet of water

No idea what time the ramps got crazy but at 10:30 or so I saw plenty of boats in the water. Get out early!

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Went to the 42 ramp at Harris today. Got there about 10:30 and it was jammed. Wife parked the truck almost at the main road on the side, nowhere to park. Went and looked at New Hill ramp once we got on the water, it was jammed up.

As we were making 1 more round to burn some 2019 gas out, noticed a Hurricane with the motor cover off. Towed him back to hunt ramp.

All in all a great day but man, that water is cold!
Thanks. We’re moving up our departure time in the morning and keeping our fingers crossed all works out. Water temp today at the Kerr cove where the kids surfed, was 72°.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When we were heading back to Crosswinds around 3, Farrington looked like a train wreck!

We will be out tomorrow too. Launching at 11:15 and will probably head to the same place. The valet service at Crosswinds is pretty sweet.
It was! My neighbor waited 4 hours to get out starting at 330. He's still there at nearly 10pm. I'll never go near that ramp again. I think we may be done with Jordan after today. We got lucky both times putting in and taking out. Could get bit. He gave up at about 8pm and went and hung out in a cove and fished. I asked him if he needed help and he said no.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its not normally this bad except holiday weekends.

It was! My neighbor waited 4 hours to get out starting at 330. He's still there at nearly 10pm. I'll never go near that ramp again. I think we may be done with Jordan after today. We got lucky both times putting in and taking out. Could get bit. He gave up at about 8pm and went and hung out in a cove and fished. I asked him if he needed help and he said no.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Shallow areas of Jordan are mid-70’s. Saw 78 on water temp today in mid afternoon. Was sitting in 6 feet of water

No idea what time the ramps got crazy but at 10:30 or so I saw plenty of boats in the water. Get out early!
we were there at 830 this morning and only about 10-15 actual parking spots left. By the time we finished putting in there was enough people in line that those spots would have been taken up by 9am.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That's awesome! How long was the line to put in? What time did you get there? How bad was it getting out and what time did you leave?
We arrived about 9:50am. No lines at all as you can see from the picture below. We pulled out around 2:45pm no problem then either. Same thing for the warm weekend two weeks ago. There’s plenty of parking, the overflow lot had only a few trailers in it. Also, big bonus is bathroom is open now.

Kerr is our go to lake now. It was 1:10 drive from our house (40 to 70 to 85), but so worth it in the ease of the Nutbush Launch, and the size and depth of the lake. We found a great cove on the East side closer to the VA border for surfing. My kids had only surfed a couple of times before. when we went two weeks ago, it was a disaster for me and them - couldn’t get up, me starting to aggressivel, etc. we chalked it up to a learning day. Yesterday was the opposite, we shortened the rope, pulled each of them up first try, they figured out their balance on the board, and actually dropped the rope and road the wave. @J-RAD — They love the board (2019 Slingshot) and rope (O’Brien Relax reggae). 👍

We ended not meeting up with @bronze_10 and @AndyD because the awesome time we were having surfing and ran out of time. Sorry guys!

Today we’re headed to Harris as it’s a shorter day for us to be on the lake.

CD49944D-214E-4C8F-9DDC-41F9C06DE512.jpeg

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's awesome! How long was the line to put in? What time did you get there? How bad was it getting out and what time did you leave?
We get to nutbush at 1030 ish... prepped launched parked and left the dock in about 30 min. Not due to traffic. Just making sure everything checked out and we didnt miss anything. We went back to the dock about 3 to use the bathrooms. It was very busy with people putting in and taking out but it's such a sizeable ramp that it was still flowing nicely. We pulled out about 730... lot was empty.... about 4 trucks left. Nice day!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Farrington looked like a mess a few minutes ago. Crosswinds wasn’t busy at all. I’m surprised. Valet dropped me in and I was the only trailer on the ramp and no one waiting