• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke i saw on that chart you posted... said May 22 that “most” ramps would be open. It didn’t say what most really meant though.

I’m guessing the others are staying closed because of beach access too...????
I have no idea, really. Not all of the ramps have beach access. New hope for one isn't anywhere near a beach and it's huge. You'd think if Falls could manage it and say beaches are still closed that Jordan could.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You should all just come to the coast! All ramps open. Of course boat traffic has been about like 4th of July every weekend 🙄
Yeah I've heard it's just insane down there too. My parents ramp is just south of Northeast creek park in their neighborhood. No one ever uses it, so I may do that when I come down there and head to sneads ferry/topsail area.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New Hope (ramp I used) is opening starting Saturday. I'm still staying away until I hear how it is. Not looking to get into any fights or have my boat/truck banged up.

On that note how flooded will Kerr be this weekend with all the rain? Is there any general debris problems more than any other lake after a rainstorm? I noticed by Robeson creek last week that there was a ton of debris down there. It was like a little mine field of huge bark pieces, tree limbs, floating plastic bottles, etc

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New Yamaha owner in the Cary/Morrisville area. I discovered this forum years ago and it for sure helped on my decision. AR240, one of the last for this year at Chatlee. I look forward to meet you all.
Bringing her home on Tuesday:
IMG_7330.JPEG

I hope the weather will be better this weekend, so we can launch her for the first time. I am reading those posting here about the ramps and still not sure which lake/ramp will be heading. One question, instead of go early in morning (3 small kids here), is it a good plan to go for only a few hours mid-afternoon? My hope is that by this time people will be leaving, so parking space will available. But don't know yet if how it works around here. Thank you!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New Yamaha owner in the Cary/Morrisville area. I discovered this forum years ago and it for sure helped on my decision. AR240, one of the last for this year at Chatlee. I look forward to meet you all.
IMG_7330.JPEG

I hope the weather will be better this weekend, so we can launch her for the first time. I am reading those posting here about the ramps and still not sure which lake/ramp will be heading. One question, instead of go early in morning (3 small kids here), is it a good plan to go for only a few hours mid-afternoon? My hope is that by this time people will be leaving, so parking space will available. But don't know yet if how it works around here. Thank you!
Mid afternoon may be OK to get in but if you get out anytime between 4-6 it'll be nuts. At least at Jordan, and Harris. I'd say between 12-1 there's a slight lull. The parking will still be packed and likely minimal to no spots available, but ramps should have low traffic at that point. Sounds like Falls will have more ramps open. That'd be the direction I'd head if I was you.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
IMG_7330.JPEG

Congrats and welcome. I know how anxious you must be to start using her, but 1st few times out you might want to avoid the weekends. With Seaforth and Ebenezer ramps still closed for now, the few ramps that are open will still likely be crazy. Mid week, mid day, you have a decent shot . Depending on your experience, you also might consider heading out a few times without the kids.
Instead of dealing with hours of waiting at the ramp, we have been going up to Kerr lake. For me, the extra 30 mins on the road each way is less stressful than jam packed ramps and parking lots. If you are taking the entire family, might be a good idea to check if the restrooms will be open. 3 little kids probably makes that a necessity.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the club!

Good news on the New Hope ramp! I’ll be on Jordan Saturday and Sunday as far as I know. The level is up 3 feet already and it’ll probably go up a few more. As mentioned, gonna be some debris issues too

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome. I know how anxious you must be to start using her, but 1st few times out you might want to avoid the weekends. With Seaforth and Ebenezer ramps still closed for now, the few ramps that are open will still likely be crazy. Mid week, mid day, you have a decent shot . Depending on your experience, you also might consider heading out a few times without the kids.
Instead of dealing with hours of waiting at the ramp, we have been going up to Kerr lake. For me, the extra 30 mins on the road each way is less stressful than jam packed ramps and parking lots. If you are taking the entire family, might be a good idea to check if the restrooms will be open. 3 little kids probably makes that a necessity.
These are all very good points! Now is a really tough time to have any kind of learning curve. From talking with others that's what exacerbated the problem at the ramps last weekend. Lots of people it was their first time on a new boat, or first time backing a boat, or first time for _______. That's a tough time and place to be learning when everyone is looking at you, no margin for error with boats and people everywhere. Temps look to be creeping up for this weekend, if the sun doesn't come out you can expect a lower turn out. IF the weather turns nice it'll be another crazy day at the triangle lakes. Harris during the week is basically a ghost town. Great place to learn as it's a deep lake but also small. It's generally clean even after a ton of rain.

Not sure if you have the ability or desire, but camping at Jordan opens up this weekend. Boat ramps for campers are also open this weekend. I've driven by those ramps a bunch and even during holidays camping area boat ramps are empty. Wouldn't hurt maybe to take a day and go camping/use the empty ramps during the week.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you all. Sounds like Kerr is the place to go in those days. I am not experienced like some with you guys, but enough to do not screw up. We just know Jordan here in the area (friend has a slip at Crosswinds), now is time to explore the other lakes. You will see how will be the weather. Or we go to Kerr or with another friend that likes to launch at Harris.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So what's everyone doing this weekend. Never been to Kerr but have heard you don't want to after a big rain event like we've had this week. Wife is pushing Jordan hardcore tomorrow. I had no issue with the ramp I chose, just gun shy after how bad my neighbor got boned. I wouldn't go within a mile of Farrington anyways. Figured we'd try new hope as that's our normal ramp anyways. They have like 300 spots. Hopefully won't be that busy at 830 in the morning. Against my better judgment I suppose we'll give that a shot. How was falls last weekend? I hadn't heard of any complaints from anyone that went there. Although it seems the falls goers store theirs at the marina.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
See you tomorrow man! Have friends that went out today. Said there was a fair amount of debris. It’s 8 feet above normal right now too. I put in at 11am so let’s try and meet up

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
See you tomorrow man! Have friends that went out today. Said there was a fair amount of debris. It’s 8 feet above normal right now too. I put in at 11am so let’s try and meet up
Sounds good! I'll be out with my mother in law, wife, and 5 YO boy. We'll probably try and hit the beach a little as that's his favorite thing. Then hopefully make it over past Farrington so I can do some surfing. We're going to try and get out there ass early like last weekend. Gates open at 8:00, so we're shooting to be there at 8:30. Let the first rush of people waiting for the gates to be opened to get going. I'll definitely keep an eye out for debris. I generally don't go in narrow channels. Main lake normally seems to be ok. Guess we'll see. Sucks we're getting ready to get another round of storms. Last thing we need is more water. Glad my yard dried up enough today so I could mow it. Monday is also looking pretty choice. We'll see how tomorrow turns out. Fingers crossed!!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jordan lake ramp was beyond under water. No way to launch. So we ended up at Harris. Was already busy at 9. Pretty sure Austin is right behind me.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Based on that and debris pics I’ve seen, not goin out today. Pool and BBQ out back I guess

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Based on that and debris pics I’ve seen, not goin out today. Pool and BBQ out back I guess
It looked pretty gnarly. Glad I made it out on Harris before it got crazy. It's pretty busy already, but not nuts. Ramp here is always busy, so imagine it won't be any different today. Aside from the old grumpy guy that wanted to argue that one time people here are pretty good about not picking fights. Just wish it was a little bigger. Oh well, I'm out on the water ain't gonna complain.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jordan lake ramp was beyond under water. No way to launch. So we ended up at Harris. Was already busy at 9. Pretty sure Austin is right behind me.
Sure, I was there by 9am! Decide to go early and stay close. Everything works very well. Love the boat. The ramp was ok, basically no line but the parking lot was almost full by this time. Already back home, no scratches! Just check the clean out ports and little bit of weeds there. I saw a lot of Yamahas there too. BTW, Austin is my login that I created few years ago when I used to live in Austin, TX. 👍

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sure, I was there by 9am! Decide to go early and stay close. Everything works very well. Love the boat. The ramp was ok, basically no line but the parking lot was almost full by this time. Already back home, no scratches! Just check the clean out ports and little bit of weeds there. I saw a lot of Yamahas there too. BTW, Austin is my login that I created few years ago when I used to live in Austin, TX. 👍
Thought that was you. We just made it home and covered the boat right before the rain hit. Ramp when we were getting out was empty. Was shocked! So I tied up in a lane, ran and grabbed the truck. Was so nice not to be pressured, or hurried. Got some good surfing in.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know you will all be shocked.....but we are on Falls!
Anyone on Kerr today? Wondering what the conditions are. They didn't have the water level rise that Jordan had.