• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sure, I was there by 9am! Decide to go early and stay close. Everything works very well. Love the boat. The ramp was ok, basically no line but the parking lot was almost full by this time. Already back home, no scratches! Just check the clean out ports and little bit of weeds there. I saw a lot of Yamahas there too. BTW, Austin is my login that I created few years ago when I used to live in Austin, TX. 👍
No scratches, nice !

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thought that was you. We just made it home and covered the boat right before the rain hit. Ramp when we were getting out was empty. Was shocked! So I tied up in a lane, ran and grabbed the truck. Was so nice not to be pressured, or hurried. Got some good surfing in.
Did you have hunter orange swim trunks?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did you have hunter orange swim trunks?
hahah they are supposed to be a peach color, but yeah when they get wet they look hunter orange. Was that you guys down the way from us? Saw the boat and wondered if that was you.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Full...with a fair amount of debris. No too crowded
Harris was surprisingly quiet too. Which means either everyone went to the beach or tomorrow is the day everyone is gonna be out.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
hahah they are supposed to be a peach color, but yeah when they get wet they look hunter orange. Was that you guys down the way from us? Saw the boat and wondered if that was you.
Yeah it was us. Mother in-law bought my son an inflatable SUP so that’s what the majority of my day consisted of lol.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah it was us. Mother in-law bought my son an inflatable SUP so that’s what the majority of my day consisted of lol.
Saw that over there. May look into one of those. Give us something to do as well while floating. Biggest down fall of this edition 212x is lack of storage. My old one had so much storage there was never a time where we thought we couldn't bring something.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Full...with a fair amount of debris. No too crowded
For the Kerr Lake boaters, I found a very useful guide to which ramps to use when the water level is extremely high or low. With all state ramps on Kerr closed yesterday, and the lake 9 feet above normal, we took at shot and drove to Island Creek, an Army Corp ramp. We lucked out, weather was great all day, my son said it rained all day at home. This ramp is on the VA border, only a single lane, 1 long dock, a few dozen boats making use of it.
http://www.kerrlakeguide.com/node/128

The lake had so much debris, we decided not to go too far, looking for coves where the wind was blowing the junk away from us. Even brought home some souvenirs, one wedged into my port side impeller.

The lakes are still rising, glad we snuck one in.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My friend went to Jordan yesterday and used the Robeson ramp. He arrived at 11am and told me that was no issue with parking, etc, the only issue was that the lake level was super high but he was be able to launch. I was planned to go mid-afternoon...(next time will check the weather more frequently)

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My friend went to Jordan yesterday and used the Robeson ramp. He arrived at 11am and told me that was no issue with parking, etc, the only issue was that the lake level was super high but he was be able to launch. I was planned to go mid-afternoon...(next time will check the weather more frequently)
That's interesting. I would have guessed most of Jordan's ramps to be underwater.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know crosswinds docks at the ramp are under. Lake is almost 11 feet above normal. Avoided the lake all weekend because of the debris and risk of rain. Pool and grill got some use this weekend..... my liver needs a break!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We did Harris both days. Saw PBear yesterday getting some early morning surfing sessions in with his kids. We did the same thing. Got caught up in the storm, but never actually got rained on. Just a ton of wind. Current was so bad when we tried to dock before I could hand a line to someone at the dock it spun us completely around. We gave up and went back out to ride out whatever happened. When it all settled back down we got back out. Ramp was perfect getting in, getting out some dude started cussing at my wife as we were tied up when I went to get the truck. It was busy but not that bad. Dude was very lucky I was not there. What is wrong with people? Never in my life would I yell at a woman, particularly one that I did not know. People need to just calm down. Saturday was perfect getting in and out.

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were out on Falls Sunday and Monday, I was surprised how NOT busy it was. I know Monday was cloudy but it was still nice and warm. Other than the full trees that were enjoying a nice bath in the middle of the lake it was nice. It looked like the hwy50 and rollingview ramp were operational even with the excess water.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We were out on Falls Sunday and Monday, I was surprised how NOT busy it was. I know Monday was cloudy but it was still nice and warm. Other than the full trees that were enjoying a nice bath in the middle of the lake it was nice. It looked like the hwy50 and rollingview ramp were operational even with the excess water.
They all went to Harris on Sunday afternoon. LOL!

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They all went to Harris on Sunday afternoon. LOL!
No kidding. It took over an hour to get out around 2:30. Did you stay for the rain/storm? Not sure if it did either but we were on the New Hill side and it looked nasty. We were going to ride it out then just decided we had enough.

I would say 20 mins of the wait for us was staying out of the way of the guy trying to dock his center console (at least a 22 footer) with his remote control trolling motor. The wind was crazy and was pushing him every which way except the way he wanted to go. At one point, the prop was in the weeds.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No kidding. It took over an hour to get out around 2:30. Did you stay for the rain/storm? Not sure if it did either but we were on the New Hill side and it looked nasty. We were going to ride it out then just decided we had enough.

I would say 20 mins of the wait for us was staying out of the way of the guy trying to dock his center console (at least a 22 footer) with his remote control trolling motor. The wind was crazy and was pushing him every which way except the way he wanted to go. At one point, the prop was in the weeds.
It took about the same. We attempted to get out right about the height of the storm, which on our side was just a butt load of wind and white caps. Made docking damn near impossible for everyone. V drives, stern drives, outboards....didn't matter. Made it look like amateur hour out there, including us. Was crazy! We almost went to the 42 ramp the other day when coming back from our attempt to launch at Jordan. That one at least has a courtesy dock. Wish we had that on our side. Would make single launching and loading easier rather than block a ramp until we get out. I imagine it was just made worse with Jordan being mostly impossible to get on, so everyone flooded Harris. Wish the authorities that were there would have helped out and directed traffic rather than grabass and watch as mayhem ensued.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The courtesy dock is my reasoning for always going to 42.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The courtesy dock is my reasoning for always going to 42.
Same for us -- the dock is key. The other benefit is that my kids are learning to drive, and pulling in & departing from the dock just gives them more opportunities to bang up the boat experience. ;)

scottrus71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is the WRC ramp at Harris the one near HWY 42 off of Christian Chapel Church Rd? I think there are only the two ramps and that power boats can only be launched from the WRC ramp. Is that right?

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Is the WRC ramp at Harris the one near HWY 42 off of Christian Chapel Church Rd? I think there are only the two ramps and that power boats can only be launched from the WRC ramp. Is that right?
Both ramps can do powerboats, if that's what you're asking. The NCWRC website for ramps (NCWRC Boating Access Areas) shows this for the Harris Lake ramps.

The northern ramp (Holleman's Crossing) has 91 boat trailer parking spots and the southern ramp off 42 (Cross Point Landing) has 125 spots.

1590531036051.png