• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone been to Jordan lately? I took tomorrow off to hopefully get a day without crowds and get some good surfing in. Water height still says it's 7ft above normal, but they're letting out 11,400 cubic sq ft of water out a second at the dam. So, not sure if that water height directly translates to being 7ft above normal at all parts of the lake.
I may try New Hope Friday. I think the water level will be manageable by then. Hoping for good water quality, taking some of the grandkids probably. Seems weird it is June already, been out a bunch of times, but not on Jordan yet.

Last edited:

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Think the family and I are heading to Jordan tomorrow. Took the day off. Shows 6 feet high right now. Hope the debris has cleared out.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I may try new Hope Friday. I think the water level will be manageable by then. Hoping for good water quality, taking some of the grandkids probably. Seems weird it is June already, been out a bunch of times, but not on Jordan yet.
Think the family and I are heading to Jordan tomorrow. Took the day off. Shows 6 feet high right now. Hope the debris has cleared out.
Let me know how it is. We MAY give Jordan a shot on Sunday.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Let me know how it is. We MAY give Jordan a shot on Sunday.
I will let you know for sure. I am most likely avoiding Jordan on weekends until they open all ramps, but maybe things will calm down some. Just a crazy combo of events; covid, flooding, people cooped up, cheap gas, boat sales up.. all we need is a rumor of sunken pirate ship filled with lost gold at the bottom of the lake.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Didn't go... weather was iffy so said screw it. Currently planning for late afternoon tomorrow with the kids and another boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Didn't go... weather was iffy so said screw it. Currently planning for late afternoon tomorrow with the kids and another boat.
Sounds good! Let me know how it goes. We're doing the pool tomorrow as we have to be home early for something the wife has to do. We're going to attempt to go somewhere Sunday. Likely early if we do go. Harris has been getting continually worse. I think because Jordan has been so flooded. Hopefully the rain today is a non event.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Only looks to be 4.5 feet above normal pool, and dropping .6 feet per day.

View attachment 121574
We went out after lunch, maybe 1:30. Paul skiing.jpg Perfect weather the rest of the day. New Hope ramp had 15 or 20 cars and trailers. Water was clean, no visible debris. Level is high, the gate has a sign that the docks are under water, but the level is not an issue. This pic is us pulling one of the grandkids on a ski trainer . The little kids love this thing, very stable, even while standing. Ebenezer is seen in the background.

FYI on the season passes, you can buy one now, if you mail in a 60 dollar money order. Good for Jordan, Kerr and Falls.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We went out after lunch, maybe 1:30. View attachment 121604 Perfect weather the rest of the day. New Hope ramp had 15 or 20 cars and trailers. Water was clean, no visible debris. Level is high, the gate has a sign that the docks are under water, but the level is not an issue. This pic is us pulling one of the grandkids on a ski trainer . The little kids love this thing, very stable, even while standing. Ebenezer is seen in the background.

FYI on the season passes, you can buy one now, if you mail in a 60 dollar money order. Good for Jordan, Kerr and Falls.
Nice! So the docks were still underwater? We were planning to go tomorrow, but little one got bit by a bug of some nature. Had a weird reaction. Took him to urgent care and got a steroid creme. Need to keep it dry for a couple days. I'm actually pretty wiped from being out in the heat all day today, so I'm not too bummed. Could use a bit of a rest.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! So the docks were still underwater? We were planning to go tomorrow, but little one got bit by a bug of some nature. Had a weird reaction. Took him to urgent care and got a steroid creme. Need to keep it dry for a couple days. I'm actually pretty wiped from being out in the heat all day today, so I'm not too bummed. Could use a bit of a rest.
No, sorry, I wasn't clear. The sign at the gate says docks were underwater, but they weren't at New Hope. Had no problem launching there. We cruised by Ebenezer, and there seems to be quite a bit of trash/debris at the top of the ramps that will need to be removed.
We are heading out today, but to avoid the crowds, we will head to Kerr; not sure which ramp yet. Glad your little guy is ok.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We had a great evening yesterday on Jordan. Was my 1st time doing an evening ride. Back on the trailer as it was getting dark. Didn't see any debris anywhere so that's always a good thing! Gonna head back out today.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No, sorry, I wasn't clear. The sign at the gate says docks were underwater, but they weren't at New Hope. Had no problem launching there. We cruised by Ebenezer, and there seems to be quite a bit of trash/debris at the top of the ramps that will need to be removed.
We are heading out today, but to avoid the crowds, we will head to Kerr; not sure which ramp yet. Glad your little guy is ok.
Well, the boss was ready early, so we went to New hope. Bit of a line at the gate, the ramp was doing a brisk business.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, the boss was ready early, so we went to New hope. Bit of a line at the gate, the ramp was doing a brisk business.
What time was that? We generally try to get to the ramps by 8:30 to try and beat the crowds.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jordan, with all the new boaters, is a shit show. I was pulling kids on a tube and had 5 jet skis coming right at me. Had a boat to my right and shore to my left. They just buzzed right by, 1 of them 10-15 feet away. A guy ran his sailboat into the rocks at crosswinds marina. Another guy had a ramp blocked with his jackknifed trailer. Saw 3 different boats making huge wakes speeding under bridges. I’m forgetting other things....

John (the owner) said it’s been a train wreck. Can only imagine once the rest of the ramps open up.

Other than all that, had a great day!

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jordan, with all the new boaters, is a shit show. I was pulling kids on a tube and had 5 jet skis coming right at me. Had a boat to my right and shore to my left. They just buzzed right by, 1 of them 10-15 feet away. A guy ran his sailboat into the rocks at crosswinds marina. Another guy had a ramp blocked with his jackknifed trailer. Saw 3 different boats making huge wakes speeding under bridges. I’m forgetting other things....

John (the owner) said it’s been a train wreck. Can only imagine once the rest of the ramps open up.

Other than all that, had a great day!
Ha! Being our 6th time out I am that newbie. I lightly tapped the docks today at Rollingview. Just enough to let them know I was thinking of them.