• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rode my motorbike today to scout the Nutbush Ramps 1:45 minutes from my door.
Nice setup, going to hit it on my week off in 2 weeks.
3FC3E444-4374-4FF1-932E-CECF341E2768.jpeg
55D16F85-E21F-4F1A-BED8-799ED47A4C8A.jpeg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ha! Being our 6th time out I am that newbie. I lightly tapped the docks today at Rollingview. Just enough to let them know I was thinking of them.
No biggie.... there are so many new boaters picking Saturday and Sunday as their first time. With ramps closed things are even crazier with crowds and people and all that..... boggles my mind.

Last thing, I gotta give my wife a big shout out. I see so many dudes pull up to a ramp, wife holds a rope and they run to their truck, back in, jump back in boat and drive on the trailer. My wife backs in the trailer and does all that stuff!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Fa
Ha! Being our 6th time out I am that newbie. I lightly tapped the docks today at Rollingview. Just enough to let them know I was thinking of them.
Rollingview marina or state park? I saw 3 Yamahas out there today....

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jordan, with all the new boaters, is a shit show. I was pulling kids on a tube and had 5 jet skis coming right at me. Had a boat to my right and shore to my left. They just buzzed right by, 1 of them 10-15 feet away. A guy ran his sailboat into the rocks at crosswinds marina. Another guy had a ramp blocked with his jackknifed trailer. Saw 3 different boats making huge wakes speeding under bridges. I’m forgetting other things....

John (the owner) said it’s been a train wreck. Can only imagine once the rest of the ramps open up.

Other than all that, had a great day!
It's that way everywhere. Other day on Harris we were all the way in the back, largest cove area, any my wife is driving making a wide turn while I'm surfing behind the boat. Wake boat cuts right in front of her then stops right where her turn was going to take her. WTF!? I saw what was happening and hopped off the board. She's not experienced enough to handle too many decisions coming at her at once. Her option was to head right, which would have put her going towards the shore. Hard left which would have taken her towards the boat, they were still moving slightly and no real reason to stop. Come to find out they were letting someone out to wakeboard. She could have straightened up, but that would have put her into a narrow busy channel and she's panicked before about heading into that. So, not something I wanted her to do with me in tow.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No biggie.... there are so many new boaters picking Saturday and Sunday as their first time. With ramps closed things are even crazier with crowds and people and all that..... boggles my mind.

Last thing, I gotta give my wife a big shout out. I see so many dudes pull up to a ramp, wife holds a rope and they run to their truck, back in, jump back in boat and drive on the trailer. My wife backs in the trailer and does all that stuff!
Lucky you! Hopefully my wife will get there one day.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Tbrill0

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey All,

Not sure if this is the right thread for intros but it seems to be the most active for the RDU area. Just picked up a 2017 AR190 today, took it out on falls this evening from the Rollingview launch for the maiden voyage. I live about 5 minutes down the road and plan on being out a good bit this season - looking forward to meeting some of the folks in here this summer!

Trevor

787BF1D7-48FC-47C7-8344-66C0C93DC5FE.jpeg

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fa

Rollingview marina or state park? I saw 3 Yamahas out there today....
The marina. Still trying to figure out the process of getting into a slip where I have to make a hard 90 (IE between A and B)

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had a great time at Falls Lake today. Hwy 50 was busier than last week but still easy and several parking spots by 10am.

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nutbush is my go to at the moment. The 1hr 15min drive is worth it imho. We head north into Virginia and it is fairly quiet. Water yesterday was 82 degrees.
Kerr.jpg

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nutbush is my go to at the moment. The 1hr 15min drive is worth it imho. We head north into Virginia and it is fairly quiet. Water yesterday was 82 degrees.
View attachment 121787
Love kerr.... the next time we go we will call amd see if the lamplighter resturaunt is open in clarksville and make the ride all the way up.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey All,

Not sure if this is the right thread for intros but it seems to be the most active for the RDU area. Just picked up a 2017 AR190 today, took it out on falls this evening from the Rollingview launch for the maiden voyage. I live about 5 minutes down the road and plan on being out a good bit this season - looking forward to meeting some of the folks in here this summer!

Trevor

View attachment 121764
I'm sure we will meet on the lake at some point!

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is your slip#? I'm in B20 or 21......can't miss my boat on its airdock.
Were VIB, so I park in the T1-T8 on A, or any open A spot when I am done. We peaked at your airdock setup yesterday while waiting on the boat to get put in. It's pretty slick.

Tbrill0

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure we will meet on the lake at some point!
Looking forward to it! Have any connections to get on that waitlist at the marina or dry storage? We’ve got it in covered storage down the road from us now but wanted to store at Rollingview. They’re not even taking names for the waitlist right now it’s so long.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking forward to it! Have any connections to get on that waitlist at the marina or dry storage? We’ve got it in covered storage down the road from us now but wanted to store at Rollingview. They’re not even taking names for the waitlist right now it’s so long.
For a while there was a rumor going around that if you showed up with cash in hand that you would advance quickly up the list. But I think you had to be ON the list to begin with.

Tbrill0

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For a while there was a rumor going around that if you showed up with cash in hand that you would advance quickly up the list. But I think you had to be ON the list to begin with.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll stop in sometime to see if I can make any headway in person

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We’re doing the VIB program where they splash the boat and pull it back out and store it for you.
Its the first year for us doing this with a brand new boat so I went to check on it on Monday and was pleasantly surprised to find the boat on its trailer with no new scratches and covered properly.
So far so good but I was paranoid leaving the marina knowing my boat was floating there.
I need to find a remote video surveillance option for peace of mind. Anyone know of something?