• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Harris 42 ramp was fairly full today when we got there at 9:30am. Line was the length of the parking lot. We prepped in line :). It moved pretty quickly though. Windy out here today. Have seen several other Yamahas šŸ‘

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We get to nutbush at 1030 ish... prepped launched parked and left the dock in about 30 min. Not due to traffic. Just making sure everything checked out and we didnt miss anything. We went back to the dock about 3 to use the bathrooms. It was very busy with people putting in and taking out but it's such a sizeable ramp that it was still flowing nicely. We pulled out about 730... lot was empty.... about 4 trucks left. Nice day!
Good meeting up with you and @AndyD , perfect weather. Looking forward to heading back there soon. Probably not until next weekend. Nice cove you have there too, good place for further meet ups.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Harris 42 ramp was fairly full today when we got there at 9:30am. Line was the length of the parking lot. We prepped in line :). It moved pretty quickly though. Windy out here today. Have seen several other Yamahas šŸ‘
I know we seen at least 10 or so Yamahas yesterday.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good meeting up with you and @AndyD , perfect weather. Looking forward to heading back there soon. Probably not until next weekend. Nice cove you have there too, good place for further meet ups.
andydtold me u guys have a dane. We are on the way to pick up our new foster dane as we speak!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
andydtold me u guys have a dane. We are on the way to pick up our new foster dane as we speak!
Yes ! Good luck with it. Andy mentioned you guys foster, that is awesome. My guy is 10 1/2 years old, about 175 lbs, male. Poor guy is having a hard time, he is like that old truck you get stuck behind going up a hill, puffing lots of blue smoke outa the tail pipe. Got him as a 7 week old puppy from one of my daughters. I hope yours works out for everybody.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That ramp is far better suited for traffic. We MAY head to Kerr next Sunday.....although that is Memorial day weekend......soooooo not sure we wanna brave the crowds on a new to us lake/ramp.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That ramp is far better suited for traffic. We MAY head to Kerr next Sunday.....although that is Memorial day weekend......soooooo not sure we wanna brave the crowds on a new to us lake/ramp.
My opinion is that the Kerr ramp setup is better than the Harris 42 ramp. If you can handle Harris, you can certainly handle Kerr. The docks are extra long, and thereā€™s the bonus of a nice clean bathroom as well. And marked tie-down spots, both for entry and for exit. Thatā€˜s worked for us so far with two 25 yr old kids. See a previous post I had with a marked map where we like to surf.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My opinion is that the Kerr ramp setup is better than the Harris 42 ramp. If you can handle Harris, you can certainly handle Kerr. The docks are extra long, and thereā€™s the bonus of a nice clean bathroom as well. And marked tie-down spots, both for entry and for exit. Thatā€˜s worked for us so far with two 25 yr old kids. See a previous post I had with a marked map where we like to surf.
I've never used the 42 ramp, driven by it a lot by boat. I'm like maybe 7 mins from the New Hill ramp, which is smaller. I'm more concerned about the crowds/traffic. After hearing what my poor neighbor went through.....I sure as hell don't wanna get into that situation where it takes 7 hours to try and get your boat out. Fortunately his wife and kids drove separate. I won't be as lucky with my wife and 5 YO in tow.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do they have any beaches at Kerr that we can get to? Are they allowing people on them? Rangers at Jordan were booting people off the beaches on state park land.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure about park land but there is an island near the damn.
With the little one that's one of his favorite things about Jordan is being able to beach, get out, and play around on the sand/swim around in the shallow water.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are all the ramps at nutbush open? Looking at the map they have about 3 different ramp locations throughout the park. Generally looks like only 2 that have paved parking. Unfortunately weather is looking pretty chilly this weekend up there, high of only 77 on Sat and lower on Sun. Interesting here in the triangle it'll be low 80s. If last weekend is any sign how this summer is gonna be not going near Jordan on memorial day weekend.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
May 22, ā€œmostā€ ramps are open. Not sure what that means but it should reduce some of the Jordan craziness. Hope the weather cooperates this weekend!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are all the ramps at nutbush open? Looking at the map they have about 3 different ramp locations throughout the park. Generally looks like only 2 that have paved parking. Unfortunately weather is looking pretty chilly this weekend up there, high of only 77 on Sat and lower on Sun. Interesting here in the triangle it'll be low 80s. If last weekend is any sign how this summer is gonna be not going near Jordan on memorial day weekend.
I think all of them are open, but you probably want to use the big one with 4 ramps, 2 long docks. When you pass thru the booth, go straight, don't turn right where the sign says "boat ramp". There is a secondary dock off to the left for loading and unloading.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
May 22, ā€œmostā€ ramps are open. Not sure what that means but it should reduce some of the Jordan craziness. Hope the weather cooperates this weekend!
Wait did that change? And agreed, on the weather.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where are you seeing that? Seems quite explicit all will be closed but Robeson creek. Maybe it hasn't updated yet?
Screenshot_20200520-072025_Chrome.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Falls is opening all ramps, so I suspect Jordan will follow suit. Man that'd be awesome.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
FYI Jordan is not following this. They have not amended their opening plan, as of now, like Falls has. I saw this clicking around as well, but if you go to the Jordan lake specific site they haven't updated anything since May 9th. Which is shocking since the cluster fuck that ensued last weekend at Jordan and with it ending up on the news I'd not want my name attached with such. Would be a career limiting move should the same happen again this weekend. Either work with local authorities and have all the ramps shut down so people aren't getting arrested for getting in fights, or open them all up.
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 2.13.59 PM.png

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You should all just come to the coast! All ramps open. Of course boat traffic has been about like 4th of July every weekend šŸ™„

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@suke i saw on that chart you posted... said May 22 that ā€œmostā€ ramps would be open. It didnā€™t say what most really meant though.

Iā€™m guessing the others are staying closed because of beach access too...????