• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh/durham end of summer / fall gathering

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now that I realize we are talking about Sept. 10, I will not be able to make that. I will be in San Diego at our major water conference for the year. Out there all week, getting back on Sunday night. I will have to look at the pictures. Bummer... :(

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dates are up in the air for the moment with me but I am certainly interesting is showing up. Would love to meet the other local members and see all the Yamaha boats outnumbering my little Chaparral. Will there be kids around? My son just turned 2.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Closely watching this as well. Not sure if my boat will run in fresh water though ;)

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dates are up in the air for the moment with me but I am certainly interesting is showing up. Would love to meet the other local members and see all the Yamaha boats outnumbering my little Chaparral. Will there be kids around? My son just turned 2.
My kids will be there... 14, 12, 7.. and they live playing with little kids..

Closely watching this as well. Not sure if my boat will run in fresh water though ;)[/QUOT@

@redthumper9 juat look at it as a freshwater bubble bath for your boat... just pamper it a little.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like the 10th of sept. It is.... alot of people are avaliable for that day... @waterboy I hate u will miss it. Keep tagging the others in the area who have not reaponded... I'll do a count this afternoon.

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man! I knew it would be on the 10th. I will be on the hotbike tour for work! We leave on the 7the and don't get back till the 11th! Just my luck! If the dates change please let me know. I really want to be a part of this! Sounds like a great time with everyone there!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Forgot we're trying to go see O.A.R. @ Red Rocks the 11th, but we can still make this work. The following Monday is gonna be brutal though!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry guys. Have a football game on the 10th. Please let me know if the date changes. Also, let's get a spring event together. My springs are normally more open. Will miss being able to meet many of you in person.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I won't be able to make it either, unfortunately. Would love too but it's outta my range to be able to make it a day trip & jus don't have enough free time to do several days ;(

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So right now it looks like we have the following coming on the 10th:
@Julian @sealavie @robert843 @veedubtek @Eric Ballard @AndyD

And maybe
@Jet Blue @redthumper9

@Shannon is unable to attend along with @96Pirate @waterboy @Andy S @Mark

If any other locals have not responded chum in so we can get a good count. Do we want to rent the shelter at the boat beach? $95 for the day. Everyone could chip in if we want it.
@justason wants to play with the big boys...

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm in the would really like to but probably not category. I am keeping up with thread just in case though. That is weekend ECU hosts NC State, which is essentially like the Daytona 500, the Super Bowl, the World Series, Marti Gras and Lollapalooza all wrapped into one here in Greenville. Everyone I have ever known will be in town for that whether they go to the game or not. So going out of town that day might be tough. Of course would NOT have a hard time selling it to the wife that weekend. "Honey, all my drunk high school and college buddies are going to be in town Saturday, you want to drive 1 hour 45 min away with boat?" Her answer, "Hell yes!" o_O

I really want to take boat to falls lake sometime though. It's not crazy far, but far enough where I need a really good excuse, especially for just a day trip. Have been to Holly Point camping a few times, but usually spend most of my time mountain biking at New Light or Beaverdam trails and just playing on the beach with the kids, wishing I had the boat. But hard to pull camper and boat at same time. So many hobbies, so little time.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in the would really like to but probably not category. I am keeping up with thread just in case though. That is weekend ECU hosts NC State, which is essentially like the Daytona 500, the Super Bowl, the World Series, Marti Gras and Lollapalooza all wrapped into one here in Greenville. Everyone I have ever known will be in town for that whether they go to the game or not. So going out of town that day might be tough. Of course would NOT have a hard time selling it to the wife that weekend. "Honey, all my drunk high school and college buddies are going to be in town Saturday, you want to drive 1 hour 45 min away with boat?" Her answer, "Hell yes!" o_O

I really want to take boat to falls lake sometime though. It's not crazy far, but far enough where I need a really good excuse, especially for just a day trip. Have been to Holly Point camping a few times, but usually spend most of my time mountain biking at New Light or Beaverdam trails and just playing on the beach with the kids, wishing I had the boat. But hard to pull camper and boat at same time. So many hobbies, so little time.
a couple of things in response...
#1... dont worry NCState is gonna win... (lol)
#2... just send the wife with HER boat... we will take care of her.
#3... falls is nice but its a dirty lake... u have to put kerr lake on your day trip list as well.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

i have a buddy that is from Greenville. A few years ago before the boat and still had a ski... he and i took our skis to thr river and road to little washington... it was a great ride.. Im kinda wanting to do it with my boat but the river near gville seems narrow and kinda trashy... the normal black water eastern nc kinda water... (im from kinston i can say it). Once you get on down the river some it gets wide and pretty. Where do you boat?

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah when you said falls lake was dirty my first thought was "he needs to see the tar river, then he'll know dirty".

I live pretty close to Port Terminal boat ramp in Greenville but almost never use it. River is tight, curvy and literally filled with trash and that ramp is always crazy. With multiple boats coming both directions, I have seen one too many close calls. But if you do put in there it opens up around Simpson, then gets a lot wider around Grimesland. Run to Washington is about 45 min if cruising at 25mph.

I put in at tranters creek in Washington then go back & forth between Washington and Grimesland. This is great place to wakeboard as water is always calm, smooth even on a windy day as it is protected by trees. But if you do put in there and aren't familiar with water make sure you follow someone else out. There is a channel (unmarked) that you need to know or you will be in a foot of water even though you are 200 yards from the bank. Also parking kind of limited so have to get there early if weekend.

My other go to spot is Blounts creek boat ramp between Chocowinity & Aurora. This ramp is never busy. This will put you in pamlico river at Blounts Bay and river is really nice & wide there. Blounts creek leading out can get shallow too. Good place for tubing since much wider and usually rougher. We will often cross river and beach boat at Goose Creek State Park or cruise down to Bath to visit friends. Just have to be careful with weather as Pamlico can get rough quick. But we often see dolphins down there which is always cool.

That got long quick. I need to work on my conciseness.