• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh/durham end of summer / fall gathering

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still working on getting a few more people to show.... the picnic shelters at sandling beach have all be reserved.. I guess I waited too long... @Julian is looking at a few places on the rolling view side of the lake...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We can always just raft up at one of the boat beaches.....and/or setup a pop up....
I agree we will be fine with out a shelter.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's fine too... we can still use the bathrooms at the sandling beach areas even if we didn't rent them... the bathrooms are always open to the public.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Although I'm not ruling it completely out yet, I am most likely not going to make it. I am going to Hatfield and McCoy in West Virginia a couple of weeks after and it's just crowding the schedule too much with the start of school and fall sports. Hope it's a blast for you peeps!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have a pop up shelter we can bring also.. we haven't used it since we bought the boat but it is still in the storage room..... I think.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
An EZ-up lives on my boat.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I checked out the shelter at Rollingview and it is set back from the water quite a ways and there really isn't much boat accessible beach there. So either just use the Sandling boat beach, or grab the cove in the NE corner where there is a nice beach and shuttle anyone that needs a bathroom over to Sandling (1/2 mile away)

This is the photo I posted in the "Show us what you see thread"...of the NE cove on the main lake:

Attachments

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
An EZ-up lives on my boat.

I vote that cove....and we could bungee up and make a NC version of the Bimini social scene across the swim decks......whats the water there? knee to waist deep ?

edit: how do we find it ? I've never been on falls and only know of 1 boat ramp somewhere off creedmor rd

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
where do ya'lls typically launch from.....or better yet, what is the "calm" launch area or non peak times?......

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
where do ya'lls typically launch from.....or better yet, what is the "calm" launch area or non peak times?......
@veedubtek always launches at ramp #2.
I'm in a slip at the marina (they have their own ramp...with no dock...I don't recommend it).
The Rollingview ramp is always quiet....I've NEVER seen a line there. I think it has 4 ramps.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
we could bungee up and make a NC version of the Bimini social scene across the swim decks......whats the water there? knee to waist deep ?
Yup...perfect depth for a raft up, and because it is around the corner from the main lake....really calm so rafting up would be easy with no banging boats.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Rolling view is a good place to launch. It's through the state park though so there's a $6 fee to get in. But plenty of room with lots of parking and a calm place to put in at

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Rolling view is a good place to launch. It's through the state park though so there's a $6 fee to get in. But plenty of room with lots of parking and a calm place to put in at
six dollars !!!!!!! aww man !!!

upload_2016-8-22_15-33-17.png

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok so I think we r down to 7 boats..... I messaged a few other locals or Simi locals and offered for them to come as well.. a few have said they will possibly come.. still waiting on the confirmation from them...
Still with 7 families it will be fun... it the more the merrier..