• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Relocating to year around better weather

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@malibu Dan went house-hunting in austin...a lot! Found some great possibilities but don’t know if we want to do two mortgages or rent out austin while we get our daughter through her first year of college before we bail. We too are going to phoenix at the end of april so we will take a look there again too. The property taxes are a huge advantage in phoenix for sure.
We have been doing a lot of search’s on Zillow and Phoenix area has a lot to offer for the price.. are youngest finishes homeschool next June and that’s what we are shooting for.. unless great job opportunities come up sooner than... “ We are outa here”.... keep me updated on your search...

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@malibu Dan check out Tessera at Lake Travis. About 20 min out of cedar park texas but you are literally on Lake Travis. It’s beautiful !

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My wife and kids and I relocated to Lake Havasu Az about a year and a half ago from a winter resort in Cali. No more salting walkways... just margaritas. We absolutely love it. Summers are hot, but the lake/ Colorado River provides constant recreation. Looking to pick up a ar210 or 240 here very soon. It’s funny I personally feel this town is more crowded during the winter from the snow birds than any other time. Don’t get me wrong the lake is PACKED on 4th of July, but it’s no comparison to Sandiego or La lol. Phoenix is 3 hours south and Vegas is 2.5 Hours North, May be worth a look for you.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How's the house prices in Lake Havasu??

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My wife and kids and I relocated to Lake Havasu Az about a year and a half ago from a winter resort in Cali. No more salting walkways... just margaritas. We absolutely love it. Summers are hot, but the lake/ Colorado River provides constant recreation. Looking to pick up a ar210 or 240 here very soon. It’s funny I personally feel this town is more crowded during the winter from the snow birds than any other time. Don’t get me wrong the lake is PACKED on 4th of July, but it’s no comparison to Sandiego or La lol. Phoenix is 3 hours south and Vegas is 2.5 Hours North, May be worth a look for you.
We also considered Havasu but the housing costs seem quite a bit more than Phoenix area with fewer employment options.. absolutely beautiful area though

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I see that you are leaning towards moving out west. I’m just going to drop an idea.
Nashville and Knoxville have many lake options, and prices are more reasonable.
Since you are both RNs, Vanderbilt and UT Knoxville are huge medical centers.
One of the biggest draws is the State Income Tax = 0%.
No personal property tax on vehicles, boats, RVs, etc.

The biggest con I can see for you is the summer humidity.
But, that’s what the boat is for!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
But @Liftr What about the tornado threat?? If @malibu Dan is like me...he’s used to the lack of humidity in the Pacific Northwest!

lildrummer41

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Las Vegas is pretty nice. Lake Meade is 30 min outside of town, lake Mojave is about 45min-1hr depending on which way you go. 2.5 hrs from Lake Havasu. The climate is good 4 scorching weeks in the summer, 2-3 cold weeks in the winter, pretty dry all the time.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don’t do well with humidity, my hair!!! Oh wait I’m bald, anyways the desert it is for us.. we will be visiting Phoenix the end of May..

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll beat you by a month! @malibu Dan . Maybe we can make a heck of a deal with a builder! Two deals at once

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
But @Liftr What about the tornado threat?? If @malibu Dan is like me...he’s used to the lack of humidity in the Pacific Northwest!
Ha! I lived in Seattle in 96-99. I’m quite certain the humidity was 100% for those three years! ☔

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, the wife and I have had enough of 6+ months cold/rain and looking at relocating next summer.. I would prefer somewhere i can have a pool and actually use it Year around.. not a fan of humidity, hurricane warnings or big flying bugs.. I’m thinking southwest somewhere (absolutely not Cali).. I was raised in San Diego as a kid.. I am even thinking of selling the boat but haven’t quite made up my mind on that one..
Any recommendations would be welcome.. cost of living is a big factor as we are not rich by any means ( we are both RN’s).. We got plenty of time to decide.. housing market is crazy here so should do well when we sell..
Aloha malibu Dan, HAWAII all year round boating weather. Only summer here everyday.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Aloha malibu Dan, HAWAII all year round boating weather. Only summer here everyday.
Boy but the cost of living/housing... yikes... beautiful no doubt...

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boy but the cost of living/housing... yikes... beautiful no doubt...
Yes cost of living is high here, but the benefits and rewards for living in Paradise is priceless. Should look into it, and keep in ur possibility list.🤙🏽

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know that a new house would definitely be an option we r open too..
I said that half tongue-in-cheek but I’m definitely interested in helping you if you decide to make this your new home.