• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Remove Bow Cup Holder and Interior Light Panel (212 Limited S)

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all. Was out the other day and noticed that the front grab bars in the bow are getting a little loose. Seems that you can access the one side by removing the stereo speakers but the other side seems to be blocked by the black high-gloss black trim panel which holds the bow cup holder and interior light. Anyone figure out how to safely remove that panel without breaking it (don't see any screws). I know others have said crawl in or have a kid help, but it seems the panel is indented and would make access difficult. And yes, planning to add some Locktite when making the repair.

My dealer left a nut off my right bow cleat leaving it loose when they serviced a loose bow rail recently. I have no idea why. Now I need to remove the upholstered right bow seat back cushion panel to get a socket on an M32 nut on the cleat. So my problem is in the same area as yours. There are 5 screws at the bottom of the black panel below the cushion but no visible screws in the upholstry, the drink holder area or the light. I can feel the cleat bolts through the speaker after it is removed, but the access is very limited. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE RIGHT BOW CLEAT ON THE Yamaha 212 LIMITED S (2019 MODEL)?

Bump, in the same situation.... loose rail and black high gloss cup holder panel is blocking access.

Referring to the bow rail in the 212 Limited S:
The cup holder is not the issue. Remove 5 black screws at the bottom of the back cushion in the bow area. The entire cushion unit including the cup holder comes up off a series of clips at the top. Unplug the speaker wire and access the loose rail through the hole behind the speaker location.

Thank you, I should have followed up. Went behind the console with a light and saw the nuts holding the 212 (regular 212 not limited or S, E, SE or whatever) pocket in. I was able to get a gear wrench up there and tighten it up. Thank you for your time and help!

Also, if you go to a parts site (like Partzilla or YamahaSportsPlaza) you will find breakouts of the parts on the boat. Sometimes those can give you good clues as to what is holding cushions on and their orientation, as well as electrical connections and where you can find connectors.

Back