• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse module error

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did you ever get picture of that relay?
No I've sold the boat. But there's a fuse box in the engine compartment. There's two relays in there that go bad by the battery I believe..

poe14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok thanks! Ill take a look.

poe14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a 2018 223 VRX and have had repeated issues with this stupid ereverse since the day I picked it up. This is somewhere near the 5th time I have either had to take it to the dealer or have them come out to the dock to work on this issue. It's getting old.
I would love to find someone who knows enough about ereverse to disable it. It's a pain in the you know what and has led to me not feeling the boat is anyway reliable to take any great distance from home.
If I cannot find someone to disable it, then I am about ready to get rid of it. I am sure others out there feel the same way because I read tons of forums which are filled with ereverse problems.
I have the same issues! I just got this 2018 Chaparral vortex 203 and since the moment I put it in the water I keep getting the stupid eReverse module error! I can not go more than 5 mph and have no neutral or reverse. I have a brand new battery installed and this error keeps coming up. My local Chaparral dealer wont even call me back! Im dead in the water right now. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hi guys.

I have a 2019 scarab 215 wake I'd. Also have reverse error codes while idling in forward. Also:

Second drive of the day - after running the blower the battery light came on during engine start and remained on for 4-5 mins. Battery voltage was around 13.1 after blower was turned off but battery light remained on.

After about 5-10 mins of driving at variable speeds the Portside engine suddenly turned off at 6000rpm

The Starboard side engine remained running. Fuel level was at just over half.

The PORT ECU POWER (30) S B+ breaker was popped

Codes displayed were:

U0100
U16BB
U16B9
U16B7
U16B5
U16BD
U16BD

Would appreciate any insight. Also would buying a Candoo code reader help me eliminate some of the electrical issues or at least track them down better?

poe14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I ended up taking it into my Chaparral dealer, They replaced the IBR module under warranty, Test ran in it and so far so good!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi guys.

I have a 2019 scarab 215 wake I'd. Also have reverse error codes while idling in forward. Also:

Second drive of the day - after running the blower the battery light came on during engine start and remained on for 4-5 mins. Battery voltage was around 13.1 after blower was turned off but battery light remained on.

After about 5-10 mins of driving at variable speeds the Portside engine suddenly turned off at 6000rpm

The Starboard side engine remained running. Fuel level was at just over half.

The PORT ECU POWER (30) S B+ breaker was popped

Codes displayed were:

U0100
U16BB
U16B9
U16B7
U16B5
U16BD
U16BD

Would appreciate any insight. Also would buying a Candoo code reader help me eliminate some of the electrical issues or at least track them down better?
The CanDoo will list and explain what the error codes are and allow you to clear them. It will not eliminate any electrical issues. CanDoo will also help reset the maintenance needed alarm (every 100 hours). Good luck.

John Spadavecchia

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The CanDoo will list and explain what the error codes are and allow you to clear them. It will not eliminate any electrical issues. CanDoo will also help reset the maintenance needed alarm (every 100 hours). Good luck.
Here’s the relays.
Mine wouldn’t let me start engines and showed e reverse module error.
I replaced them all and working fine now.

Attachments

Chrishley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Here’s the relays.
Mine wouldn’t let me start engines and showed e reverse module error.
I replaced them all and working fine now.
Where are these located on the boat? Im having the same issue

Chrishley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I think it is one box per engine. Mine (215 ho 2018) are located right and left. But if you open the hatch and have a good look, you will find it(them)

Chrishley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I think it is one box per engine. Mine (215 ho 2018) are located right and left. But if you open the hatch and have a good look, you will find it(them)
I think I did find them. There are 2 inside a black fuse box with multiple other fuses inside

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Chrishley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Hey everyone, I'm a new scarab owner, we have a 2017 195 Open. I'm having the same issue with the reverse module and ordered what I believe to be the correct relays. Should be here Friday. I've attached pictures. I'm going to hook it up to a trickle charger tonight and let it set for a few days then change the relays and see what happens. If I go into override fir the reverse module the "bucket" should move if all things work correctly right? Also, while on the trickle charger do I need the main battery switch turned on? thanks in advance for the help. This has been frustrating to say the least.

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey everyone, I'm a new scarab owner, we have a 2017 195 Open. I'm having the same issue with the reverse module and ordered what I believe to be the correct relays. Should be here Friday. I've attached pictures. I'm going to hook it up to a trickle charger tonight and let it set for a few days then change the relays and see what happens. If I go into override fir the reverse module the "bucket" should move if all things work correctly right? Also, while on the trickle charger do I need the main battery switch turned on? thanks in advance for the help. This has been frustrating to say the least.
Correct. The buckets should move if all is working. And, no, the battery switch does not need to be on. Just be sure to hook the charger directly to the battery.

Chrishley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Correct. The buckets should move if all is working. And, no, the battery switch does not need to be on. Just be sure to hook the charger directly to the battery.
OK, great thanks for the help.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Attachments

Abdon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
You have to reset the electric system , disconnect all batteries for minimum 15 hours and connect it again it will run good …..

SCARAB1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Attention ALL Scarab 255 twin engine owners I will be contacting Morgan & Morgan regarding a class action suit for this horrendous problem!
We as owners have strength in numbers to demand a recall warranty fix! If you want to join the suit contact me at Sailortrawler@gmail.com I will need names addresses year of boat and if you have spoken to a dealer or attempted repair.
I will compile a list and bring it to the attorneys
Accountability will be the only way scarab will comply!
I look forward to hearing from everyone!