• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy

So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Ribbon Delete? Worth it?

Neutron

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulling snorkel out of housing.
Its tough cause they use some adhesive in the groove

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally got around to the ribbon delete this afternoon. No problem , both ribbons removed in less than an hour. However , I spent the next 30 minutes trying to jiggle , twist , pry , etc. the snorkel from the air filter housing. Got afraid I was going to crack or break something and gave up !! Any tips or more pics would be greatly appreciated. I know that @swatski said is was NOT necessary to remove the filter housing from the engine compartment front bulkhead but I just could not get the feel for doing it. I would really like to give it another shot in order to achieve max benefit from the mod ? Am I wiggling the filter housing off the bulkhead OR wiggling the snorkel out of the housing?
You definitely need to remove the filter box with its housing, but you can get it off without unbolting - those will slide out. Kind of hard to explain.
Here is the snorkel (removed) - need to yank it out. I suppose some dish soap could help - there is a rubber pin holding it to the filter case.
upload_2017-6-29_23-16-12.png

These are the bolts holding the air box - no need to unbolt, the box will slide out.
upload_2017-6-29_23-17-20.png

And couple more pics of the snorkels before and after removal. Those just need some persuasion:
upload_2017-6-29_23-18-41.png

upload_2017-6-29_23-19-6.png

upload_2017-6-29_23-19-32.png

Let us know if you need more pics.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has any of you tried removing the filter too? Mph change?
Unless your filter is in bad shape you are unlikely to see any major difference. Maybe 50 RPM gain - in a N/A engine. It could be different with a SC.
Fairly easy to check - almost no tools required to pull the air box on the water. Running without it for a while will not hurt anything.

--

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Unless your filter is in bad shape you are unlikely to see any major difference. Maybe 50 RPM gain - in a N/A engine. It could be different with a SC.
Fairly easy to check - almost no tools required to pull the air box on the water. Running without it for a while will not hurt anything.

--
I'm guessing there is no point doing a cold air intake with a SC? I cant see it helping the charge temps.

haknslash

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm guessing there is no point doing a cold air intake with a SC? I cant see it helping the charge temps.
A few people tried it in the SX192 thread and didn't get any positive results.

ks9mm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info guys! I am about to do the upgrade on my 2016 240SX. One question I have is, do I need to locktite the bolts? Blue is fine?

Thanks!