• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax engine substitute oil filter ?

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The Man! Is what you are. Thanks. I will have to dig out my literature and take some snapshots so I dont have fine folk doing MY homework.

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
They dont have to be changed if they look good, but it is recommended. Glad you like your upgraded filters!
Hi Mike , hey I just changed the oil and measured about 100-103oz that I pulled out . Could you tell me if this sounds about right. I used a older style filter and the one that I pulled out was a newer style wish I had paid more attention to what filter I ordered. Also switched oil to shell T6 since mine is the 150 hp motor. Sweet posts bud ! Thanks

Geeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Scarabmike, you out there? I was curious if that oil filter part # is good for my 2019, twin 250 H.O.'s The dealer here in Austin really doesn't want to help, unless I buy from them. I'm doing most of my own maintainence, and doing the first oil change myself. Anyone know where I can buy a used Candoo, these guys are trying to bend me over on the resets?? Thanks to you, and everyone who donates their time, and their expertise here!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Scarabmike, you out there? I was curious if that oil filter part # is good for my 2019, twin 250 H.O.'s The dealer here in Austin really doesn't want to help, unless I buy from them. I'm doing most of my own maintainence, and doing the first oil change myself. Anyone know where I can buy a used Candoo, these guys are trying to bend me over on the resets?? Thanks to you, and everyone who donates their time, and their expertise here!!
ScarabMike is not there. I use his recommended oil and filter. No issues. You will need an inverted socket to remove the oil filter cover. Do a search for specifics.

Geeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Dean, Thanks for the heads up! I didn't see what oil he spec'd, but thought the stock filters looked cheap. I have tools for days (45+ years of car, boat, plane tinkering)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Dean, Thanks for the heads up! I didn't see what oil he spec'd, but thought the stock filters looked cheap. I have tools for days (45+ years of car, boat, plane tinkering)
This is what he recommends and what I use.

1583519725896.png

Geeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Dean, I really appreciate your time!

Geeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Dean, sorry for my ignorance, I see the Rotella is full synthetic. Are you guys running this with no problems? I saw in the manual not to run it because of the lack of cohesion with the superchargers. I prefer to run synthetic in everything.
Thanks

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Dean, sorry for my ignorance, I see the Rotella is full synthetic. Are you guys running this with no problems? I saw in the manual not to run it because of the lack of cohesion with the superchargers. I prefer to run synthetic in everything.
Thanks
IMHO I don't think you have anything to worry about but if you're not comfortable you can always get this.

1583524833149.png

Geeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Dean, I really appreciate your help, and patience. New boat, and these guys are sticklers here. Synthetic out performs conventional in every way, I just don't want to void my warranty. Your superchargers running this no problems though??

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Dean, I really appreciate your help, and patience. New boat, and these guys are sticklers here. Synthetic out performs conventional in every way, I just don't want to void my warranty. Your superchargers running this no problems though??
You're fine. We're just trying to help. I too had the same concern. Read here.

I copied this from my owners manual. Different boat, same engines (unless you have the new 300 hp).

1583531939995.png

Attachments

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Geeman You will be fine with the rotella. As long as the oil is rated for wet clutches (JSO-MA) you will be fine. Rotella is better than XPS. You can also use Amsoil.

Geeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I just want to say thanks to you guys for all the help. Very refreshing, unlike the guy on here trashing the Scarab brand.